The Land Before Time > LBT Fanart

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

<< < (90/91) > >>

Flathead770:
Yeah I can see how they could maybe feel like a chore. It was never recommended to participate in them for the sake of participating, and moreso a way to help your creativity and expanding your drawing skills by drawing something you might not have thought of drawing before.

Thanks to you as well for all of your entries for both you Jewel and SRFG! Both of you kept it alive in this last final year.

Maybe one day it can make a return and LBT fanart can retake it's rightful spot as best place on the GoF!  :PLoofah

somerandomfangirl:
As sad as it is, I agree with this as well. The activity is no longer there and unfortunately I neither have the time nor the enthusiasm to take part anymore. I had a lot of fun and the fanart prompts helped not only develop my art but other creative ideas too (helped a lot with that fanfic that’ll likely never see the light of day whoops). My free time now is mostly occupied by writing for another fandom I’m interested in and on top of that I’ve just started a new job which will also take up more time. It was fun while it lasted and it was a privilege to take part. I may continue LBT fanart in the future, but we’ll see. The prompts may have been seen as a chore but for me they were a good way to push me into form of creativity I had been straying from for a while.

Ducky123:
IIRC, I think I started this way back but only when you took over this really became a popular thing for a while. I'm glad we had so many entries over the years (a lot less from me than I'd like to admit) but sometimes life if more about the journey than about the results. It's been a great time and we can pick this up any time again if there's enough interest, I guess?  :bronGoodJob

I wonder if the fanfic challenge is going to meet the same fate? Looking at participation last year  :bolt

Flathead770:

--- Quote --- (helped a lot with that fanfic that’ll likely never see the light of day whoops).
--- End quote ---
Hopefully that's the Rhettverse fic you're totally writing right?  :rhett_smile :rhett_grin

Thanks a lot for all the work you did for the prompts and keeping it alive as long as it did SRFG!

--- Quote from: Ducky123 on January 14, 2023, 12:20:02 PM ---IIRC, I think I started this way back but only when you took over this really became a popular thing for a while. I'm glad we had so many entries over the years (a lot less from me than I'd like to admit) but sometimes life if more about the journey than about the results. It's been a great time and we can pick this up any time again if there's enough interest, I guess?  :bronGoodJob

I wonder if the fanfic challenge is going to meet the same fate? Looking at participation last year  :bolt

--- End quote ---
A big shout out to you as well Ducky for getting the ball rolling with the prompts! When I came back to the GoF back in 2017 I had to pleasure of being able to join in on the 2nd ever prompt, and was a blast to come up with the craziest ideas possible for each one  :bestsharptooth

RainbowFaceProtege:
So…are the fanfic/fanart prompts no more? :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version