The Land Before Time > LBT Fanart

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

<< < (91/91)

Mumbling:
Activity on the forum as a whole has declined greatly over the past few years, I'm afraid. It's harder to find people who want to join in to these kind of events.

RainbowFaceProtege:
@Mumbling Aw, I’m sorry to hear that. I liked snooping around to see what other people had come up with every so often. It was fun to see people’s creations.

Feels like there’s a bit of a gap in the LBT generation right now. I wonder if the next wave might actually be the people who’ve been growing up with the series on YouTube Kids…

Flathead770:
Hey Rainbow  :rainbowwave

Yeah i stopped it for a couple reasons. The first is that there was almost no participation throughout all of 2022, with only a few artists such as Jewels and SRFG keeping it going.

This was also at a time when I was pulling 12 hours a day, 6 days a week away from my house either at school or doing extracurricular stuff, so I didn't feel like it was currently worth the effort with maybe only 1 submission per prompt.

If there's enough interest in it again, it's something that I can possibly bring back. It also doesn't have to be me to do it again if someone else feels like taking on the job.

--- Quote from: RainbowFaceProtege on January 23, 2024, 10:37:05 PM ---Feels like there’s a bit of a gap in the LBT generation right now. I wonder if the next wave might actually be the people who’ve been growing up with the series on YouTube Kids…

--- End quote ---
That's an interesting point, and very well could be possible. It's either that or parents that watched it and now showing their kids. One of my coworkers at a job I worked at last year mentioned that he watched the first 2 LBT movies with his son, though this was for the first time for him as well. He made note of the drop in quality between the two and the amusing fact that there's 14 of them.  :PLoofah

RainbowFaceProtege:
Hi, Flathead! :rainbowwave

Well, I suppose that all makes sense. I can definitely understand life getting in the way of these kinds of things. I mean, it’s the same reason I seldom post here anymore. :oops

--- Quote from: Flathead770 on January 24, 2024, 10:26:27 AM ---One of my coworkers at a job I worked at last year mentioned that he watched the first 2 LBT movies with his son, though this was for the first time for him as well. He made note of the drop in quality between the two and the amusing fact that there's 14 of them.  :PLoofah

--- End quote ---

On a similar note, my brother was playing a trivia game not so long ago that asked what children’s movie series has “14 unnecessary sequels”. Come on, people, if you’re going to criticize LBT at least get the number right… :p

Dalekdino:
Yeah posting art here has kinda lost its novilty,  I used to post artwork here every other day.  But in the last few years when ever I post art I only get one or 2 comments or non at all. In fact you probably already mentioned this but this site in general isn't as active as it was 10 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version