The Land Before Time > General Land Before Time

Has Petrie become better or worse over the years?

(1/4) > >>

GreyLizard226:
Today I read something very interesting in a thread.

“ fPetrie started off the series as a cowardly, flightless nobody who annoyed many film critics with his poor attempts at being the comic relief.  However, the sequels slowly improved his character over the years until he became a very likeable character by the time Stone of Cold Fire came out”

I honestly feel the exact opposite. I liked Petrie in the original, but feel he gradually became worse over the course of the sequels. Bizarre, huh? (Although I feel maybe he was finally starting to improve with Journey Of The Brave.)

I don’t know how everyone feels about Petrie, but it would be interesting to know if there are others who feel as strongly about him one way or the other.

Rattymon:
Personally, I quite like both original and sequel Petrie.  :petrieooohh

gutza1:
I think Petrie was a significantly better character in the original movie. He didn't have that annoying speech quirk of using "me" in place of "I," was a bit less pathetic, and actually had a character arc, limited as it was by the runtime of the film.

LittleDas75:
I think he's remained the same. Though I did find him a little irritating in Stone of Cold Fire.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato):
I didn’t mind him in the first, but he wore out his welcome in every subsequent film. I don’t think he got worse though, I think he was equally annoying at all times

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version