The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mrs. Twoped

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
In lbt 12, Tria mentions someone called Ms. Tubehead.  Who is it and why is she called that?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I think Tria was supposed to be referring to a Parasaurolophus type dinosaur seeing as they have those long head crest that stretch over the back of their heads. To be honest, when I first heard that, I thought Tria said "Mrs TUPEhead"  :lol I didn't quite hear her properly

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
actually I've been informed it's "Twoped" referring to being a biped not a quadruped...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
sadly, I made ripped copies of all the lbt sequals and threw the origionals away to hide them so I don't have the subtitle option.  Can anyone put on subtitles and see what Tria really said?  I'm prettty sure it was Ms. Tubehead.  I put the volume on almost maximum.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
ON IT SAH!... brb...

Twoped, confirmed

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
In my opinion, Mrs. Twoped is the most obscure of all LBT characters. Largely unknown, never even seen or heard on screen, and probably the only named character to never appear in a fanfiction, we nevertheless learn three important things about her, from a single line of dialogue.

Who is this character, and what movie was she in?

Well, during LBT 12, when Tricia ran for the very first time, Tria, in excitement, said the following statement to Mr. Threehorn: "Topsy, She is so advanced. Wait til' I tell Mrs. Twoped."

This is the only reference to Mrs. Twoped in the entire series. Yet, from her name, we learn two important things: She is married, and she walks on two legs, hence the name. We also learn that she is a friend of Tria.

That's quite a lot of information for an unseen character. Still, there might be even more, but to find out, I'll need the bilingual members to help me out here.

In your non-English copies of LBT 12, how is the name of Mrs. Twoped translated? Do any of them reveal something new about the character?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since both Tria and Tricia are involved, I assume you're actually asking about LBT 12, not LBT 11.

You do bring up a good point though. :)  Anyone with any more information?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll watch today, hoping that the translators can translate :p . Also got something else to watch hmm.. :^.^:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: action9000,Jul 22 2008 on  12:50 AM
Since both Tria and Tricia are involved, I assume you're actually asking about LBT 12, not LBT 11.

You do bring up a good point though. :)  Anyone with any more information?
All right, now I feel stupid. Yes, LBT 12. I fixed the above post.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
All right, now I feel stupid. Yes, LBT 12. I fixed the above post.
It's all good, mate. :) B)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I heard about her from a entry on lbtwiki somewhere.  I wonder if they'll provide more info at some point.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In the German translation she is not mentioned at all. Tria just says that (translated analougously) "our friends will be impressed".

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In Dutch and in French there is no sign of a name either. The dutch version just says "She is soo smart"(talking about tricia), and the french version is about thesame. So I don't think they wanted to translate this name.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll try it out this evening in Swedish. I don't know if it'll be a translation, but if it is, I'm sure it's gonna be a letdown! Stupid translations...  <_<
Makes you laugh about it though!  :P:
I'll see what I can do.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Kor,Jul 22 2008 on  02:30 AM
I heard about her from a entry on lbtwiki somewhere.  I wonder if they'll provide more info at some point.
I can assure you they won't, since I was the one who posted her. On Wikipedia too.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I don't even remember her being mentioned!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Well, I checked it out in Spanish, and again they translate her into just " Wait until we tell the others!" Haven't heard about Swedish yet, but it seems nobady felt like trying to translate her.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay... :blink:

I just watched this scene in Swedish, and... Yes, there is a translation.

Mrs. Twoped = "Fru. Rˆrhuvud" in Swedish...

Of all transaltions...

Now, "Fru. Rˆrhuvud" would, directly translated to English, be:

"Mrs. Pipehead", "Mrs. Tubehead" or "Mrs. Valvehead".

Gives me the feeling that she might be a dinosaur that is able to make noices, such as whistling (Parasaurolophus, Muttaburasaurus etc), or a dinosaur with a bone valve skull, such as Stegoceras or Pachycephalosaurus.

Does this shed some light?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I could well imagine the reference to be to Ducky's mother. Somehow I feel that she and Tria would resemble each other so much that they might get along very well. Also Tria might seek for advice from so experienced a mother as Ducky's.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kind of got that thought too. Atleast, that's one option that could fit better, as I for one, don't recall any big involvement of "valveheads" in LBT.
Only ones I can remember is two, during one of the songs in LBT XII.
As for the ones attacking Cera in LBT 1, but they were not the friendly type.  :P: