The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mrs. Twoped

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Funny enough, I thought Tria had referred to her friend as "Mrs. Tubehead."  I dunno :unsure:.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I watched it with subtitles to check. But she does indeed say "Mrs. Twoped," not Tubehead. Maybe the Swedes made the same mistake you did.

Mrs. Twoped being Ducky's Mother? I'd never thought of that! She does indeed meet all the criteria. Wouldn't that be a twist!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could be true.  It sounds to me like "twoped" means "biped," a living thing that walks only on two legs.  There could be several possibilities as there are other species that walked on two legs ;).

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I'm sure there are lots of two-footed female dinosaurs in the great valley, but she said MRS Twoped, indicating that whoever MRS Twoped is, she is married (or has a mate...) Now, I know there is some debate on this matter, but it appears that Ducky's mother does not have a mate at this time... she did once, in the 1st film I am sure... so her lack of being a MRS would disqualify her...

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
so her lack of being a MRS would disqualify her...
unless the definition of Mrs. is different in the LBT world.  Perhaps having children is the definition in LBT, as opposed to being coupled with a mate.
I can see this being possible because mates are more likely to get seperated in LBT world than in our world, due to predators, etc.  This is also possible and makes sense if "marriage" as we know it doesn't exist in the LBT world.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky's father was in more then the first film.  &  Who is to say that he is dead, it could be that the animators dislike animating him could be why he doesn't appear.  After all how many kids do we see besides the gang & the brief appearances of their siblings.  Just the bullies in 1 movie and 1 episode.  It seems very unlikely that of ALL the dinosaurs in the Great Valley that ONLY 3 females are fertile.  I just assume he's around but seen like those other kids that would exist but do not, and those only very seldom seen ones like Guido & the bullies.  So it could refer to Ducky's Mother.  It could refer to another female also.  There are some it can't or likely does not refer to, that are named or have a name everyone calls them.  Grandma Longneck is one, Mrs Mia, or Maia (however it is spelled) who had a cameo on the 7th movie, are 2 it likely does not refer to.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Yes, the mysterious "Mrs Twoped" could be a large number of dinosaurs. There are probably many, many fertile females who have children or have had them in the valley... All we know that could narrow her down is that we know she has two feet...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
... All we know that could narrow her down is that we know she has two feet...

And that she has a tube or crest of some time. See Lillefot's Swedish translation.

Mrs. Maia would be another. She's two-legged, has children (or at least eggs), and might be a friend of Tria. Do Maiaisaurs have anythin g that could correspond to a tube or crest?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hey, turns out there was already a thread on this character back in '07. I stumbled across it while surfing the old threads: Who is Ms. Tubehead?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you want maybe you can ask an admin to combine this thread with that one.  I think I've seen them do that before.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 6 2008 on  02:33 AM
Threads merged :)
Thanks.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If the animators put a little more emphasis on this particular character "No" wasn't going to be my answer.