The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't believe that Mr. Clubtail was part of the group of grownups that traveled to the Great Valley in the first movie. I believe that he arrived on his own sometime between movies 2 and 3.

Reasons for believing such:

1) He does not appear in movies one or two. His first appearance is in Movie 3, and he's played relatively notable parts in every movie he's appeared in from then on.

2) In the flashback from LBT 7, he is not shown traveling with the other grownups (the ankylosaurus you see with them chooses to follow Pterano, and meets his end from ambushing velociraptors.)

3) When Ruby discusses star days in the similarly named TV episode, none of the Great Valley inhabitants seem to know what a star day is (they probably use the term "hatch day," spoken by Cera in LBT 5.) However, when star days are mentioned to Mr. Clubtail, he is familiar with the term.

Opinions? Rebuttals? Guffaws?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure he went to the great valley on his own.  Maybe with some sort of attitude of, "I'm  moving here and I don't care what you say or think." or something of that sort.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He's great to draw :p Really a lot of details in his back.

Anyway, when it doesn't come to drawing, he's got a funny personality. I think he's very kind to some, while he can also be very rude :P:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Your conclusion is reasonable.  Many of the dinosaurs that inhabit the great valley didn't go with the gang's parents.  I'd say most of them came on their own or in a different herd/group.  It wouldn't make sense that the great valley was uninhabited before the gang's parents arrived so there were obviously many in the great valley before and there were most likely many more coming into the valley after the gang's parents arrived themselves.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There was at least 1 that was in the great valley before the herd arrived with Littlefoot's grandparents, if the 8th movie is cannon, and that is Mr. Thicknose, who has never been outside the great valley before the movie's events.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
it also could be that mr, clubtail never talks about how he went to the great valley because a tragedy (losing wife, kids,)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could be, or it could be he's more of a loner type.  We'll likely not get to know much about him.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I just realized, I probably should have put this thread in the Character Discussion place. My bad.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
It's very likely, that not all of the dinosaurs, who living in the Great Valley have settled there in the same time. If there was a legend about such a place, that means, that someone was there long time before event from the first movie have occured.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, and some of them may have moved out of the Great Valley, as I, or other folks, mentioned in another thread a while back.  If disasters hit the Great Valley in the past as did in some movies, then some may have moved out of the Great Valley.  It would explain how some knew to get to the Great Valley.  Instead of hearing the directions from farwalkers, some of them may have had ancestors who lived in the Great Valley, but left it during one of the past disasters that hit it.   That could explain Littlefoot and his grandparents having cousins that appeared in the 4th movie.  If a family of Longnecks left and some disagreed on which way to go they could have split with some going one way and some another.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't know for sure, but I was always under the impression that the term "cousin" in LBT 4 was meant to be more along the lines of relatives as in "kinfolk". From their attitude towards each other (it sure doesn't look like the Old One and Littlefoot's grandparents ever met before) I consider it rather unlikely that we have a first degree cousinship (grandparents' parents as siblings to the old one's parents). The German translation of the term ("Verwandte" = relatives) also supports this view. What is the translation of the term in other language versions of the movie (Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish etc.)?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, okay, officially moved to Character Discussion. :P:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 26 2008 on  03:46 PM
Haha, okay, officially moved to Character Discussion. :P:
Finally  :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some of us may have moved it earlier, but it never seems to work.  Guess the power of will can't do some things.   :p