The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky's post XII voice

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
I don't know if that's just me but I found Ducky the Swimmer's voice to be slightly deeper in the Land Before Time TV series and the post TV series installments (The Wisdom of Friends and Journey of the Brave) and sounds absolutely nothing like the voice Judith Barsi or Heather Hogan gave her, sounding closer to Webigail Vanderquack who is voiced by Russi Taylor.

Does Ducky's voice in the Land Before Time TV series actually sound different than how she sounded before that?

Because I found her voice to sound a little higher starting in The Stone of Cold Flyer to The Great Day of the Flyers.

Ducky clearly sounded different in The Mysterious Island to The Secret of Saurus Rock, having more of a babyish voice more like that of Heather Hogan.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aria Curzon's voice deepens like everybody's voice.

Even Aria knows that hr voices has dropped a semi tone in recent years. I don't know what the issue would be?

I'd like to add that Aria was about 9 when she started so yes, you can call it babyish but that's just what a 9 year old girl would sound like at that pitch.

It's still relatively the same though out and the deepening of Aria's voice is only slightly noticeable if you listen more carefully than most people would care to. Also there was an 8 year hiatus between 13 and 14. :duckyhappy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 03:56:24 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
That’s probably just Ducky going through puberty, you just never figured it out yet.

Jokes aside, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that.  I mean, there are other voice actors who grew old and can still do their main character voices (Anndi McAfee, Jeff Bennett, Meghan Strange, and obviously Rob Paulsen), but I’ve always felt Aria’s voice was out of place.

I’m not saying that her voice for Ducky today is bad, is just that Universal should’ve found a voice actor that is younger and fit for Ducky, instead of keeping someone who doesn’t really fit the voice anymore.

Also I think I started hearing Ducky’s voice become slightly deeper on the 12th movie, so I believe this issue has been happening since around 2006 (or 2007).

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd prefer to keep it the same because it requires a unique tone of voice for Ducky.

Aria Curzon sounds more like Judith Barsi than Heather Hogan did.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 08:34:17 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »