The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 99775

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony noticed Lily's quiet disposition, so he too remained silent as he moved her back to the first SUV and Kojuuro. The guards had trained their rifles on him when he'd stepped out, and finally, the lead guard stepped forward again. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again." he said with some annoyance. "Get back in your vehicles and move along."

Tony helped Lily into the SUV, and gave her a pat on the back. "Don't worry. You'll be fine." he said, and stepped away now, moving back over to Axel. "I think we're all good. I don't know what happened, but we can figure it out at the house." he said now. "We can't stay here blocking the gate. We gotta get moving."

Already he could see lights flaring up inside the main house, and the ferret wondered who would be waiting for them at the front doors. Certainly not his father, but he knew he'd be seeing him before the night was out. The front porch lights snapped on as well, indicating they were getting ready to receive the newcomers.

Sliding back into the passenger seat of the truck, Tony waited for Axel to get them rolling again as he turned around to speak to Soren. "You said you needed... something to make your suit work again? We might be able to get you what you need at the house." he stated.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Yeah, okay..." Axel turned back to the truck slowly when Tony let him know everything was fine, his pulse rocketing from the shock of the situation. What the hell was she doing? Maybe she got scared of the guards... The sentries still looked agitated - Tony was right, they could figure out what happened later.  He hurried back to the driver's door and climbed in, starting up the engine quickly and rolling through the entrance. "Jesus, they were actually going to shoot, weren't they?" he muttered, shaken. "Thanks for stopping them..."

After a few moments, the truck reached the front of the huge mansion. There was a figure standing at the top of the porch, but with the lights behind them Axel couldn't make out who they were. He let the truck stop in front and glanced at Tony, unsure of what to do now.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There were several figures in fact, most of them soldiers of the estate, though two looked different. One was a lean but powerful looking crocodile whose rows of razor sharp teeth glinted in the porchlights. The other was an immaculately dressed green iguana who immediately stepped forward. "Tony! It is you!" the iguana said, the spines running down his back flecked with tinges of red which seemed to wave a bit in the light.

"Max!" Tony exclaimed, beaming as he exited the truck. The crocodile meanwhile stepped down from the stairs and motioned for the SUVs to park in a lot off to the side of the house. "Axel, this is Ignatius Fontana, but we call him Max here. He's my father's consigliere." Tony introduced Axel to the iguana now. "The big croc is Oscar Gambino, one of my father's capos." he explained.

"Pleased to meet you." Max responded. "On behalf of Don Anthony Stracci, welcome to the Heights. If you would please proceed to follow me inside, you'll be screened, and then we'll get you set up with some rooms if required. Tony, your father wishes to see you at the earliest convenience." Max informed the ferret as he led the way toward the front entrance.

"Yeah... well he's going to have to see some of my companions, too. They helped me out... brought me here. Is dad... angry?" Tony asked, flinching.

"Hard to say. He rarely shows his emotions, you know. Now then, if you would all step into the side room here, you'll be screened, and then we can get down to business." Max instructed the others. The room to the side was really a giant screening device, able to detect even concealed weapons inside bodies. Tony stepped with Max into the main foyer, bypassing the security checkpoint for now. The house was still as lavish as Tony remembered it, his father's taste in Renaissance Revival still strong it seemed.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Right, come on through." Max waved forth the Doktor and Adrian's limp form. "Does he need medical attention?" the iguana asked as he looked Adrian over. Kojuuro was scanned and cleared, and Tony beckoned him into the grand foyer.

"Sorry." he apologized. "It's procedure. You won't be attacked here though. My father's very honorable, and doesn't shoot first unless provoked." he reassured Kojuuro.

(runner up)
(runner up)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily stepped up next. She looked worried. Between her little stunt outside and her unusual appearance, she feared that she would be stopped by security for whatever reason.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
She was cleared easily though, and Max waved her on through. "Welcome to the Heights." he told her as she passed by.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel passed through the room. No alarm sounded so he figured he must be okay. He walked across to where Max stood. "I'm not..." he started to crack nervously, then stopped at the look in the Iguana's eye. "Ah... never mind."

Passing through, Axel joined the others who had already been through. "Nice place," he managed, before turning to Lily. "You okay?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily nodded silently. "It was...a bad car ride," she said quietly. "But it's over now."

She looked at the expansive mansion around them. "This house is massive...I wonder how nice the bathrooms are."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You've been here before?" Tony asked Kojuuro in some amazement. He hadn't actually been expecting that. Did Kojuuro know his father?

The ferret caught Lily's comment and couldn't help but crack a smile. "The bathrooms are rather palatial in size." he informed her. "I don't think we have a small one in this house. I have to admit, kind of an odd category of room to muse over, but there you are." he stated.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(The Heights)

Soren stayed behind and outside the mansion itself because his exoskeleton was pretty much deadweight. Four guards watched him รณ both to ensure he wouldn't attack them and to ensure that his stuff wasn't stolen.

--------

Anne emerged from the screening room and met up with the others.

She whistled as she laid eyes on the lavishly decorated interior. She had a vague suspicion that behind some of those elegant carvings lay sensors or even hidden weapons.

-------------

(Purifier Compound)

Sanjay thought a moment. "That was the only way to get your attention. Now I'd to point out that my cellmate hid contraband in the toilet."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony remembered Soren couldn't move, and snapped his claws as he thought of something. "Oh! Hold on a moment!" he said, racing off down the hall on the right hand side to what looked like a closet. "Hopefully it's still in here." he murmured, rummaging around until he found what he was seeking.

Running back out, he was snaking a long extension cord behind him as he darted past Max, the iguana giving him a confused look. Hopping down the stairs and to the truck, the ferret held out the power plug to Soren now. "Here you are, Soren. You can use this since it's connected directly to one of the house's generators. We sometimes use it to charge vehicles parked out front, but I don't see why you can't use it." the ferret shrugged here, offering him a smile. "I'll just chalk it up to what my father owes you guys for 'rescuing' me." he said in a lower tone now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren groaned as his stiff fingers and joints struggled to plug the extension cord into his suit.

"Thanks!" he said. His helmet lay next to him but he still wore his HMD glasses. "I'll be a minute, Tony. I can't take this off unless there's a little power."

He then nodded his head. "Lovely place."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Well, I could really use a shower," Lily replied softly. She wasn't yet sure whether a cold one or a hot one.

-----------------------------------

The guards raised their eyebrows. "Back against the wall," he ordered. "Both of you!"

Cautiously he opened the cell, wrinkling his nose at the smell of panacea; though most of the gel had drained through filters in the floor, a thin residue still coated everything. Creeping over to the toilet, he glanced inside.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I could do with borrowing a new top or something," Axel said, indicating his grubby T-Shirt. Smeared with blood and grime, it made him look pretty rough. "Maybe after we've seen your dad?" He gave a small grin. "If it means using up my favour, I'll pass though."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony gave Soren a nod, glad he could finally help out. "Yeah... it certainly is." he agreed, looking back up at the house. "Well... I'll see you inside then." he said, giving him a wave, and heading back to the foyer while Soren's suit charged.

He arrived in time to catch Kojuuro's remarks, and rocked his head back at this. "Oh... well uh... I guess that's OK." he said now, caught off guard by Kojuuro's apology. "I had no idea you were connected to my father."

"He is indeed, and things are running smoothly, thanks." Max responded, giving Kojuuro a smile of recognition. "I wasn't sure if it was you or not before, but I can see now it is. Business is going very well for the Straccis as of late." he informed the merc.

"Now then... if the lady requires a shower, we can provide that." The iguana waved at a human guard who was kind of hovering around the door. "Bruno, take the lady to one of our guest bathrooms. You may shower or draw a bath if you wish." the consigliere informed Lily. "Just follow Bruno, he'll show you the way."

"Max... is dad... dining alone tonight?" Tony asked, approaching the iguana now.

"Hmmm, I don't know. I'm sure your mother is eager to see you, though. With so many guests, Don Stracci may organize a group dinner, for those interested. Right now he's conducting some business with a supplier, but he should be available shortly." He caught Axel's comment, and shook his head. "I think we could arrange some more... suitable clothing for you to wear." he commented.

Tony nodded at this, and looked behind him at the group. "Anyone up for a dinner with my pops?" he asked, fiddling with his claws.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Purifier Compound)

While the guard was hunched over the toilet and the guards were interrogating Emilena, Sanjay slithered up to the guard and plunged his fangs into his neck.

He the snatched the guard's pistol, slithered behind the stainless steel toilet and took a shot at one of Emilena's guards.

--------

(The Heights)

Anne nodded. "I could use a good meal. I was going to get one until the fucking cops stole my cash." She turned to Max and Tony. "Thank you for your hospitality."