The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2423 · 146361

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I remember when I was in Grade 7, midway through the semester there was a teacher's strike and classes got cancelled for at least two weeks. It was awesome at the time. But then once it ended, we ended up having a lot more homework than usual because we needed to get caught up.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^I've learned that suddenly having days of no school because of something is good in the short term (instant gratification), but bad in the long term (days of no school may be taken away if there's too many closings, more work, etc.).

I didn't really realize until recently, but the release date for the original Land Before Time movie is on November 18th, which happens to fall on the same day as my birthday. :wow

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^I've learned that suddenly having days of no school because of something is good in the short term (instant gratification), but bad in the long term (days of no school may be taken away if there's too many closings, more work, etc.).
Yep. That about sums it up. My Grade 7 self learned that the hard way.

And wow! Lucky you. That's an awesome day to have a birthday.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Practiced more swimming today, specifically kicking. I felt like I was dying just kicking back and forth across the pool. So exhausting, it is, it is! :(
It'll get easier, I know it will once I build up stamina overtime. I'll thank myself and my friend later in the future for learning how to swim. It'll all be worth it. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
^Yes. Practice makes you better. I remember that my mom always used to say you'll learn over time when I couldn't drive a bicycle or even a car. And guess what? Now I can do both of them. It's good that you have someone who can teach you to swim, because learning by yourself doesn't work for everyone. :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One moment where I said something so stupid was when me and a friend were solving a math problem together, and during one of the calculations, I said,

"Oh! 1/4th of 25 is 5!" :facepalm

Um...so yeah. There are too many moments to describe where I think too quickly and say something stupid. :oops
Hehe, it happens to the best of us though. ;)

Another thing about me is that my love for classical music can be attributed to a mobile game known Piano Tiles 2, which that friend also introduced me to.
I also sung out loud with the chorus of You'll Play Your Part, albeit at a low voice. Very powerful words indeed. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My brother's birthday is September 8th and mine is September 10th. We were both due on the 7th, but he was one day late and I was three.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Surprisingly good at being a presenter/speaker... although I'm an introvert and rarely talk within people outside of my circle of friends.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last month, I heard about a contest happening on the Lego Ideas site. Here&#039;s the contest page
Here's the contest page, where you had to create something that could fly from the Moon to Mars, and the prize being offered is a bunch of space-themed Lego sets. I was already interested in getting most of those sets for myself, so to have a chance to simply win all of them and a few others was something I just couldn't resist, so I created an account, used Lego Digital Designer to create my entry for the contest, and submitted it. Unfortunately, there are so many other better entries (and with mine getting virtually no attention at all), I have to admit my chances of winning this contest are very slim. Still, I don't regret making the attempt, and since the winners have yet to be announce, I suppose you just never know what'll happen. (Here&#039;s the link to my entry
Here's the link to my entry, so you won't have to scroll through hundreds of others to find it.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is there something wrong with me? (No, nothing medical if you're wondering) Like, I would take the tiniest sip of water and I would start choking like crazy. Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but it happens pretty often though.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
You are not alone, haha. That happens to me also very often! And I already thought something would be wrong with me. Good to hear that I'm not the only one  :p This happens to me with the first sip of water which I take. It's especially annoying if it happens during school time.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever run into that before, but I do have to say that when I'm drained from a long walk or such and I need a sip of refreshing water, I tend to drink too much at a time, which causes some kind of a chocking to occur. My throat hurts and I feel a bit dizzy, but that's usually it.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Practiced more swimming today, specifically kicking. I felt like I was dying just kicking back and forth across the pool. So exhausting, it is, it is! :(
It'll get easier, I know it will once I build up stamina overtime. I'll thank myself and my friend later in the future for learning how to swim. It'll all be worth it. :)
Do you still like to swim?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never really said I liked swimming, and I still don’t know if I actually do. You see, I wish I could go into a pool, preferably a decent/big sized one where I could practice swimming more efficiently. And also, the pool must be readily available for me to go into at any time, and not just an occasional occurrence. Obviously, without a swimming pool at home, it’s not really possible, and by joining a swimming team at school, it would really take up too much time after school for anything else (as a swimming session is 6 days a week, and it could literally range from 2.5 to 3.5 hours plus the time it’ll take to get home from riding the bus). If I do that, basically I can say goodbye to any free time I have outside of school, since I’ll be doing that, plus all the assignments and studying that comes with 2 AP courses and my honors classes.  When I’m in the pool for once, I do practice and I am getting the hang of it, but it’s just very tiring and tedious. I need to gain more stamina, but once again I always feel the wall pretty quickly because of how short the length is. I don’t want to turn around constantly as it means interrupting my motion of swimming to start again. So yeah, this is my basic dilemma at this point. I could enjoy swimming, but at this moment, not really.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I used to take organized swim lessons. After several years I lost my interest in it and so I eventually stopped, and I didn't do much swimming again for a long time. In recent years however, I've discovered that I still enjoy swimming casually. I may have mentioned before that my aunt and uncle have a lovely swimming pool in their backyard. Maybe Cera or the other dinos could go live there if things ever get too crowded in my apartment.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I’ve been reading Godzilla/My Little Pony fanfictions recently. I’ve already completed one entire story, and I’m in the middle of reading its sequel. The actions and behaviors that Godzilla does in those fanfics I read are just so adorable and heartwarming to be honest, and his background story in the first fanfic really made me sympathize with him.

I also tried searching for crossovers between LBT and those two franchises, but there weren’t really much and the stories were short. Then again, I only searched on the fanfiction website and perhaps there’s more out there.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^For anyone interested...

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Our Friend, Godzilla and its sequel The Curse of Pony Tale Island. It is made by Writer of the Storm.

Happy Reading! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like drawing smiley faces on dusty surfaces to give myself a kind reminder that they need to be cleaned soon.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was born premature at 24 weeks and was put in an incubator for the first few months of my life

One of these: