The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Important Notice on my Ali is Unfaithful Vid

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I received this e-mail notification from YouTube:

Dear pokeplayer984,

Your video "Ali is Unfaithful" has been identified by YouTube's Content Identification program as containing copyrighted content which UMG claims is theirs.

Your video "Ali is Unfaithful" is still available because UMG does not object to this content appearing on YouTube at this time. As long as UMG has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:

Copyright owner:  UMG

Content claimed:  Some or all of the audio content

Policy:   Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations:

Everywhere

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorized to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with UMG and view other options in the Video ID Matches section of your YouTube account. Please note that YouTube does not mediate copyright disputes between content owners. Learn more about video identification disputes.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Content Identification Team

I did some research, and I'm pretty much stuck here.  UMG will be checking out my vid and decide as to whether or not it will stay on.  So yeah, it could get removed. :(

There's no telling what's going to happen.  Just thought I'd let you guys know.

So, I'll see ya later! -_-

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Who's UMG?  And don't worry so much.  They actually want to see statistics of how many people view your video and such.  They're probably just seeing how popular LBT really is.  After all, youtube is a good indication of fame on LBT's part.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Oct 28 2008 on  05:48 AM
Who's UMG?  And don't worry so much.  They actually want to see statistics of how many people view your video and such.  They're probably just seeing how popular LBT really is.  After all, youtube is a good indication of fame on LBT's part.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the largest business group and family of record labels in the recording industry.

So yeah, just from that, you can tell just how important this is.

The thing is they own ALL of the songs from a number of people and the song is the reason Ali is Unfaithful was caught by them.  So it has more to do with my song choice than it has to do with LBT.

But yeah, I guess I should feel happy that they are at least allowing it to stay. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I wouldn't worry so much about it. I have some videos identified by the same people. Notice that the policy is "allow". That means, chances are, they will allow the video to remain on the site. In a way, it's actually a good thing that they claimed the video because that lets you know that the song that you chose will be tolerated, unless of course something comes up. A friend of mine had videos taken down whose songs were once "allow", but I forgot to ask her if it was actually the songs or the footage content of the videos.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Hopes it keeps that way. Would be a shame if you did otherwise.