The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How would you preserve this franchise?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That's what I was referring to. I can see a reboot that just starts the franchise over, but this time with more tightly controlled plotting connecting the first to the elements added in the sequels.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One thing that ought not to be overlooked was that the starting of the sequels benefited from an extreme peak in the popularity of dinosaurs at the time, partly triggered by Jurassic Park (1993). LBT was sort of the younger kids alternative (though JP itself wa extremely popular at my primary school). Further releases or a restarting of the franchise would not benefit of as strong a peak of popularity to boost it. Now don't get me wrong, dinosaurs have been popular before the original LBT and JP, they were popular at the time, and they are popular now. However the extreme dinosaur hype of those days is kind of over for the time being. Dinosaurs may not be the first choice for a  money making movie these days though still ranking high. I know that unless I mention it here Ice Age 3 would be mentioned as a counterargument. The very existence of all the dinosaur based movies may cause a kind of glut on the market though that would not make dinosaurs the first choice for movie makers these days. If another dinosaur cartoon was to be produced it may be more likely to be a new one entirely rather than a starting over of the older franchise. The advantage in the eyes of the movie makers of a new franchise would be that they would have a lot more options on what they could include in their movies without being blamed that it had been in the series before (instead being blamed that they are ripping off from another series which (if done well) might not weight as bad as ripping of from themselves might). I may be wrong and I hope to be wrong, but I don't see a reboot of LBT any time soon.
No matter what we ought not to base our enthusiasm for LBT on the question whether or not there will be further releases or remakes of the movie(s). Luckily most of us don't so we can continue even without further releases :)

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: LBTFan13,Sep 3 2010 on  11:18 PM
Let's not be starting any rumors around this. I'm sure you aren't intending on it, but as we have stated, unless an official Universal source confirms that a new movie is in the works, we cannot speculate on a release date. Again, you might not be trying to do this, but just to keep things in mind.
I know. But I REALLY want a 14th, and even though there isn't one, I just got excited when I heard that date, sorry. :oops

EDIT: Plus, when I hear something about LBT14, and it turns out to false, like everything put on wikipedia, I just get mad. For me, 3 or however many years its going to be is just to long to wait for another LBT movie (or any sequel), I normaly can wait 1 or 2, but 3 or longer.