The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Thoughts of the Day

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Self-explanatory as the title goes. Anything bothering you? Anything on your mind for the particular day or future? Perhaps maybe even something random? I saw a topic like this on another forum and thought this forum should have a place for it too. Share your thoughts below!

I'm going to start.

Thought of the Day: Ugh, spring break over already for me? Well, at least the school year will end quicker.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Speaking of Spring, I though that it was over and winter had come back with the snowfall I had this morning! :p

Maybe not a profound thought for the day, but a thought nonetheless.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Nothing's really bothering me, at least much right now. Only things that I can think of are my allergies that come around this time of the year (pollen) and my driving lessons that I'm taking now. These things however, as I said before, don't really bother me that much to be honest.  :) Now I'm just working hard until my graduation at the end of May, and after that I am a free soul for awhile.  :) Oh, and my trip to London has been on my mind for few days now, can't wait that day!  :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Really curious about tomorrow's Game of Thrones episode (or today's I guess if you're in the Americas). Not sure if I'm ready for the series to come to an end next month.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nothing's really bothering me, at least much right now. Only things that I can think of are my allergies that come around this time of the year (pollen) and my driving lessons that I'm taking now. These things however, as I said before, don't really bother me that much to be honest.  :) Now I'm just working hard until my graduation at the end of May, and after that I am a free soul for awhile.  :) Oh, and my trip to London has been on my mind for few days now, can't wait that day!  :smile

Speaking of which, I will become old enough to get a driver's permit as soon as this year in November! :D On the topic of trips, I have many destinations that I yearn to travel to in the future, and one of them is Kaikoura, New Zealand. A beautiful little town near the coast where you could encounter lots of marine life. For more information if you're interested, click here and here!

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I've already opened about this little on Discord, but I try not to sound so whiny here. (I really hope you people didn't get that impression of me) So, today I was once again on my driving lesson, and while it began well, everything worked out and all that, toward the end things started to get more difficult with gears in particular. And of course, when I couldn't start the car again after a couple tries, I panicked/resorted to anger, and that of course, didn't make things any better.  :(

In the end, I got to my destination without crashing the car or driving over anyone, so I guess that's a big thing in itself, right?

Anyway, after the lesson had ended, I had a discussion with my aunt (she is teaching me) about today's lesson. She told me that everyone, even the best of drivers make these silly mistakes, and that I would learn in time. I don't doubt her, I know that with enough practice I can become quite good driver, no one became a master overnight.

Again, I hope I don't come off as too whiny or anything, and if I do, will you please let me know? It would be very much appreciated, thank you.  :)

Tomorrow I have yet again driving lesson, and while the next time I'm going to be driving in a parking lot or something like that, and as I have previously stated, training makes you better. It may not seem like that, but it does. I remember the time when I said that I couldn't ever learn to drive a bicycle. And in the end, I did learn. So, let's keep good spirits up, and focus on tomorrow 200%!  :)littlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My thought for today is well... it's exciting that I got my LBT complete collection today! I will still start watching the movies soon, not sure when. I also got a book titled Watership Down by Richard Adams. Well, I'm going to start reading tonight before I go to bed, and little by little each night. I know this book will not disappoint! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Keep it up, Anagnos! The best way to learn is to make mistakes and learn from them. I sure did some silly things during my driving lessons and even after I got my license. Failing to getting the car started in front of traffic lights or in the middle of an intersection has definitely sneaked up to me a couple of times. Best is not to be bothered by others in traffic (who might clearly show they are bothered by you), but instead take your time and take a deep breath. You know what to do, so gather your thoughts and just do it :)

Hope you have fun watching the LBT movies and reading Watership Down, ImpracticalDino. It's a good book!

I wonder how quiet it will be at work tomorrow during Labor Day. We seem to be one of the few countries that doesn't shut down on May 1st  :PCera

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^That is precisely true, Mumbling. And yesterday went far better than the previous one. I just have to remember those small things, like to move your head around when at an intersection, among many other things. But I agree with your statement that you learn best by making mistakes, that's how I've always learned new things.  :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the topic of making mistakes, it's very frustrating for me when I make a dumb mistake on multiple choice questions and don't notice, such as circling the wrong answer by accident or carelessly glossing over content too quickly. Also, don't you hate when you 2nd guess your answer and it turns out the first answer was right? And in Math, well one tiny miscalculation or misstep is enough to throw you off completely, which is bad for multiple choice but a bit better in short answer as you get partial credit. But anyways, I'm very much improved on the things I've mentioned. Although, it's still very difficult to prevent ONE mistake from happening, as they're still common occurrences on my assessments. Trying my best is what I always strive for though! :)

My thought for today is: School is really pounding us hard on our first week back, 2 tests on Friday and 2 quizzes in the same week + an ode due on Friday. Hmm.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My thought for today was how surprising and cool it was for Jeff Fowler, the director of the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie, to actually respond to outrage and criticism from people online who had issues with the design of Sonic. The tweet of it can be found here.
Personally, I never really cared about the movie in the first place, but seeing that someone cares enough to address the fan base of a franchise opened my eyes. I do agree though the design looks awful. If they do carry out with the change, I would probably watch it just in spite of that. I do wonder how much of a burden this would be on the animators though, and if any money would be lost because of the change.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Ah, yes, that movie. Can't say that I'm looking forward to it at all.  :sducky

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I saw the trailer and I was just ... disgusted.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Speaking of movies, have you seen the Dora The Explorer trailer? There's no anthropomorphic map and backpack, sucks to say. Diego doesn't come from the jungle and goes to high school apparently. Do you think Swiper the Fox will make an appearance in the movie, does anyone know?

:thinking

Speaking of which, the fake trailer for the movie made by CollegeHumor in 2012 is much better. I wish that version was real instead of the one we have. :cry
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:29:58 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
These past few days I have been watching lots of Attack on Titan. Just today I finished the second season and in a few days I will be moving on to the third season. This show has completely blown my mind by how great it is. The first 5 minutes of the first episode were enough to hook me. And the soundtrack is pretty amazing as well. That's the other thing that I have been doing lately. Just listening to the amazing soundtrack this show has. :^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everyone, you heard him. Anime is great and Attack on Titan is one of the BEST animes out there ;)Cera
Inactive, probably forever.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is a thought for yesterday, but I'll say it anyway.

That regents for Living Environment I took yesterday...was much harder than I expected! "What the hell were they thinking?" I asked. This regent was so different compared to the four official past regents I did in class to practice for the real test. I thought it'd be a piece of cake for the most part based off of what I've seen previously, but this caught me off guard. The people I discussed it with were also flabbergasted by this revelation. I don't know about the others though yet. It was good that we had a lot of practice beforehand. I could just imagine how much more painful it would've been without it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:47:00 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And Season 3 of AoT is on! If anyone here ever wishes to watch this show themselves, no worries, I will not be giving out spoilers here. Just my own thoughts. Wow. I have already watched 10 episodes and it gets more exciting as we go forward. I kinda wish I could experience this feeling again, but of course, that's not possible (unless I create a time machine). :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Really curious about tomorrow's Game of Thrones episode (or today's I guess if you're in the Americas). Not sure if I'm ready for the series to come to an end next month.

@Mumbling: What were your thoughts about the show's ending?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

@Mumbling: What were your thoughts about the show's ending?
Unlike the majority of people, I did not think it was the worst thing ever made. People have such high expectations that they forget there is still some massive production quality to the episode. My memory is sadly very bad, so I cannot remember specific details, however I do recall being decently satisfied with the ending and I do not agree with the backlash voiced by many on the internet. The fact that the episode is currently ranked as a 4.2 on IMDB rates it as one of the worst endings to a popular series in modern TV, but I can tell you I was waaay more disappointed with a show such as Dexter (rated 4.7). People are just piggybacking along with the popular opinion, just like with Twilight (which I haven't seen and therefore don't have an opinion on, unlike many others who also haven't seen it but absolutely hate it), which I'm sure was a great set of movies/books for its target audience. Game of Thrones as a series is an absolutely amazing feat and the fact that some people are now saying not to watch it because of the ending is absolutely ridiculous. Did they forget the journey that took us there? Anyway, ranting now. From what I remember I rather enjoyed it, even if I did not agree with everything. I learned a long time ago not to have high expectations, or any expectations at all, so disappointments are rather rare to me and I'm quite happy with living that way.