The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dreams Thread

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I have such dreams constantly. :P

heh, guess I so hated school during my study so I rarely had dreams about this place. XD

Eh, I hate school too, but my dreams at school range from normal to somewhat weird. Sometimes I’ll just be in a normal classroom setting doing work, and another time I was in my pajamas on a school bus that seems to be going in circles for no apparent reason. I wouldn’t be surprised if that dream is symbolic of what school is and what it does to your schedule and mental health. :P

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
@StardustSoldier: Wait...so it was only a game of tag, and it wasn't me pursuing you on a chase to kill a hapless victim? Pity, what a shame. I'm disappointed in my dream self. If I was actually there, I probably would've spared your life when I caught up to you...if you didn't activate that trap in the university that is. But yeah, I really enjoyed reading the description of the dream you had though. It was satisfying to know that you're having just as fun with me in your dreams as you do in real life. :D

By the way, do you remember what my username tag said, if at all possible? :chompysmile

That's correct. There were no swords or any other weapons involved. Just you trying to catch up to me. Once you tagged me, my computer screen darkened and it said "Game Over" and it wouldn't let me play any more, but it otherwise left me alive. :p

Hmm, so the university trap is the difference between whether or not you would've wanted to kill me? Note to self for future reference: Impractical does not like being sent falling through floors.

Your username tag just said "ImpracticalDino". Mine was "StardustSoldier", which also happens to be my Minecraft handle irl.
:Mo
Albeit I changed mine a couple or so years ago. It used to be "Davy_Sprocket".

BTW, guys, what places you appear in your dreams are the most common?

Well my two most recent dreams both took place in my hometown. But aside from that, I don't think I have a consistent location. My dreams take me to all sorts of strange and wondrous places.

I am honoured  :wub

My dreams are generally non-sensical or too private to share here, but I enjoy reading all of yours  :PCera

There'll be more to come. :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier: In that case, then yeah it’s most likely tag.

Similar to the real game over screen when you die in Minecraft I presume? Except there’s no respawn or main menu options?

Idk, maybe I’d still kill you for fun regardless. :bestsharptooth
I’m not a jerk, so I’d give back all your stuff afterwards. :p

My first ever username was “best_user”. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking changing it to such a generic and boring name like, “UserCraft”. You know, I would’ve reverted it back a long time ago, but those security questions prevent me from changing my username again. I searched how to bypass them, but to no avail.
:facepalm

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I was super exhausted and yet I managed to have a weird dream. :^^spike

Unusually, I had a game-related dream. I had dreamt that I was playing through the zones for Sonic Mania, which is weird in part because I've never played or even seen footage of Sonic Mania at all. I was a huge fan of 2D Sonic back in the day, but not now. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was super exhausted and yet I managed to have a weird dream. :^^spike

Unusually, I had a game-related dream. I had dreamt that I was playing through the zones for Sonic Mania, which is weird in part because I've never played or even seen footage of Sonic Mania at all. I was a huge fan of 2D Sonic back in the day, but not now. :p

Did you decide to cross-reference your findings between the real Sonic Mania and the zones you played in your dream when you searched it up on Google? :p

And I mean, we did talk about classic sonic games relatively recently, so who knows? :P

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Did you decide to cross-reference your findings between the real Sonic Mania and the zones you played in your dream when you searched it up on Google? :p

And I mean, we did talk about classic sonic games relatively recently, so who knows? :P
I'd hesitate to call Mania a classic Sonic game, and looking the zone list up, the only two zones which were remotely similar were Green Hill and Chemical Plant anyway. It was a weird dream. I only know it's Mania because of the act card.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Similar to the real game over screen when you die in Minecraft I presume? Except there’s no respawn or main menu options?

Pretty much. It was similar to the Hardcore mode death screen, except tinted black instead of red, and it said something like "Leave world" or "Leave server" instead of "Delete world".

Idk, maybe I’d still kill you for fun regardless. :bestsharptooth
I’m not a jerk, so I’d give back all your stuff afterwards. :p
Haha, thanks. :evilsmile

My first ever username was “best_user”. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking changing it to such a generic and boring name like, “UserCraft”.
You know, I actually kinda like "UserCraft". :PCera

Last night I dreamt I was out grocery shopping with my father and great uncle. Not nearly as exciting as my previous few dreams. ;-p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night I dreamt I was out grocery shopping with my father and great uncle. Not nearly as exciting as my previous few dreams. ;-p

I think we all appreciate a lapse in crazy dreams once in a while, right? An intermission if you will. :p

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I had a rather weird, but also wonderful dream last night; I was (presumably) in an underwater research station discussing possible energy sources with my colleague. No decision was agreed upon, and the dream suddenly ended once my alarm went off. I can already guess the reason for this dream - I've finally been able to start playing Subnautica, as the entire game largely takes place underwater, it's not a huge surprise. :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I can already guess the reason for this dream - I've finally been able to start playing *** as the entire game largely takes place underwater, it's not a huge surprise.
Always happens with me. :D
I read, watch, play something, and in 1/2 of cases, part of it appears in my next dreams.

I even tried to "construct" my dreams with it - before going to bed, I watched and thought about only that things I wanted to appear in my dreams.  :Mo
Experiments failed though...   :(petrie
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:29:10 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congratulations @OwlsCantRead, you just appeared in my dream last night! :Mo

It was a short one, and too bad my memory of it faded pretty quickly, but you’ll still get the general gist of it. So I was on my computer watching a video of you and your little brother singing an LBT song together. You’re reasoning is apparently, “I wanna see how bad we sound like.” :lol

So you guys started singing something (idk which song), but one of you did Littlefoot’s role, and the other did Cera’s part. So obviously it has to be one of the songs where only Littlefoot and Cera sang. Listening to your voices, it wasn’t bad nor good, just normal. I don’t think you guys were even singing in tone. Like I said, my memory is blurry at this point. :p

So yeah, that’s about it. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Nice one. :p

I dreamt my friend and I played a Legend of Zelda board game together. It was in the basement of her house at night-time. Alas, I don't remember much else about the dream.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Nice one. :p

I dreamt my friend and I played a Legend of Zelda board game together. It was in the basement of her house at night-time. Alas, I don't remember much else about the dream.

The basement at nighttime? Very conspicuous setting indeed... :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hehe, the setting was the most memorable part of the dream.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I hope you played that Majora's Mask in basement at night... :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night, I had a dream that kinda scared me to be honest. I was using my computer, and out of nowhere a bunch of Windows XP errors popped up at once with the classic XP error sound. They weren't even normal system errors as well, like there are literal advertisements within those error boxes. My system must've been badly infected if ads can show up even when I'm not using the internet. I didn't even know I had an antivirus as well, since an alert showed up stating that it caught a threat. Nah, it was probably a rogue antivirus that came with the infection on my computer. :lol

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Last night, I had a dream that kinda scared me to be honest. I was using my computer, and out of nowhere a bunch of Windows XP errors popped up at once with the classic XP error sound. They weren't even normal system errors as well, like there are literal advertisements within those error boxes. My system must've been badly infected if ads can show up even when I'm not using the internet. I didn't even know I had an antivirus as well, since an alert showed up stating that it caught a threat. Nah, it was probably a rogue antivirus that came with the infection on my computer. :lol
I hope I don't sound mean, but this is what your dream reminds me of. :wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jdSgjtUPk

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead: Sorry, but the infection I had in my dream last night is not even close to the caliber that the MEMEz virus is up to. But I'm very honored to know that my dream reminded you of that virus.

And no, it's not mean in the slightest dude. It's awesome to know you're a fan of danooct1 just like me! :Mo

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have been fatigued physically and mentally today, so I fell asleep after my online morning class.

My dream: dreaming that I'd woken up and missed said morning class. Man, the stress... :lfsadface

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I dreamt a bee stung me on the lip and then I woke up. :cry