The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Racing the Storm

Pterano · 1020 · 83430

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soren nodded as he examined the olive oil that was given with the bread. Suddenly not feeling hungry, he took a tiny sip of his ice water. Satisfied that it wasn't drugged, he took a larger drink.

"Lily's right. We need to have a talk with those two. I'm just going to say it, those two have been treating us like shit recently. And that needs to stop. I don't know what they were trying to do by keeping us in the dark at Voltaic Station. They said that we're supposed to be a team. We can't have team members keeping secrets from each other. One of these days, it'll screw us over."

"Ah, our appetizers are here," he said upon smelling the distinct bready aroma of fried food.

A plate of fried calamari with a sweet and sour tamari ginger dip and some hummus with lentil chips was placed on the table.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Mffmphhff," Axel said as he stuffed his face with some of the appetizers. He swallowed then tried again. "Yeah. If we're going to work as a team, we can't do this to each other." He sighed. Ever since Tony... ever since that happened, Vergil's been... I don't know. Distant. You... you don't think that's why they tried to go it alone? That they somehow blame us for that?"

He blinked at the other around the table then bit his lip. "We really do need to speak with them..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Don't worry about it," Rio said, giving her a gentle shove. He blinked shiftily. "But, you know, you did promise me the drinks were on you next time we went out. I mean, a promise is a promise." Soon after, the boarding gate opened. As they passed through, he looked around excitedly at the group. "Holy shit, do you think they'll be showing the new Spongejack Roundshirt movie on the plane?!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita grabbed a bit of calamari for her plate. she didnt bother with the sauces, and just popped the crunchy treat in her mouth. " i dont know how talking about it would go. I dont know if they blame it on us that it happened, and truthfully I dont care. I think it was, well, an accident. but this group has not been the same since , indeed I dont think trieste has ever trusted us. i'm not a physic, i cant get inside their heads, but trieste has always been more  well, aloof around us, al least thats how I see it.  Who knows, maybe talking about it, will get us somewhere.." she sighed and began drinking more water.
_ Marie tried some of the humus, and found it to be pretty good. she grabbed a few of the chips to munch on while the others talked. Rose helped herself to the Calimari. ' But we're alive arent we/' Rose said to the others ' that has to count for something right?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily wasn't hungry. She watched as everyone enjoyed their appetizers. "I'll have the garden salad," she told the waiter who had arrived to take their orders; it was the cheapest thing on the menu.

"Let's let them relax on the cruise; they seem really tense right now," she said. "Once we disembark in Corona we'll all be on the docks, and we can talk to them in town. That should give them time to cool off steam."

--------------------------

Why is everything so awful? Nairda lamented. I must be having the worst luck in the entire world! Emilena never had to suffer through anything as bad as this!

He was eyeing the Mexican border with trepidation. Some hopefuls had taken him under their wing and taught him the art of sneaking past the border patrol. Seemed simple enough, but he admittedly only gets one shot. Each of them was armed with a spring-loaded pole vault, produced by the Colombian sports equipment black market. Nairda had sold his Augmented grappling hook for it, and only afterward realized his grappling hook would probably have been much better for the caper they were about to attempt.

Rodriguez looked at him. A beat of sweat dripped down Nairda's neck. He had bonded and loved his Mexican friends, and now their moment of truth was upon them.

Further away, Rodriguez noticed the signal. Leaping to his feet, the two men made a break for the fence, sprinting like their lives depended on it. Searchlights clicked on as the two dozens runners triggered a silent alarm.

At the designated point, each of them planted their vault and went flying through the air. Fighting to keep his form perfect, Nairda's internal altimeter clocked his terrifying ascent. Eighteen feet…twenty-five feet…twenty-nine feet…

Tucking into a ball, Nairda could hardly believe when he barely glanced over the thirty-foot border wall blocking him from the American soil. Activating his shock absorbers, he hit the ground rolling and stumbled to his feet. Other runners landed on either side of him. "°¡ndale!" he shouted, as a helicopter rose quickly into the air and opened fire with a machine gun.

Sprinting like his life depended on it, Nairda saw border patrolmen closing in with automatic rifles. Drawing his katana, Nairda smacked the first one with the blunt of the blade and sent him rolling. Grunting as bullets pinged off his armor, he downed another with a sharp whack to the helmet.

The helicopter fired a single blast directly at him. It hit the katana and shattered the blade, sending painful vibrations rippling through both of his arms.

The patrolmen seemed to decide that Nairda was the highest-priority target, and all bore down on him. With a cry Nairda got one last look at his fleeing friends before a dogpile of sweaty angry Americans blocked his view. "°Corre Rodriguez! °Corre SeÒora Rodriquez y los niÒos! °Yo nunca te olvidarÈ!"

At least a dozen men beat him unconscious with electrified nightsticks.

---------------------------

"Probably, to be perfectly honest," Foley noted. "Nowadays they've got the entire Etherflix library and you can sign in with a guest account. The airline has this partnership thing."

"That's great, get on the plane," Emilena repeated for the fifth time. "Honestly, have you people never boarded an airplane before?"

She ushered them into their assigned seats, which due to being purchased last minute were nowhere near each other.

Flora leaned over to the businessman opposite her. "Hey…wanna join the mile-high club once we hit cruising altitude?"

The flight attendant explained how air masks worked and then with a groan the plane taxied down the runway, hitting mach speeds.

The woman's baby next to Emilena began bawling as soon as the plane began moving. "Madam," Emilena informed politely, "I must inform you that if your baby plans on being this loud the entire flight, I will be forced to knock it unconscious." The man to the left of the mother grunted his approval at that plan.

The woman instead took some sleeping pills and fell asleep, leaving her baby's bawling to annoy everyone in that cabin of the plane.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita nodded to "Lily' Yeah you're probably right. For Now, Lets just enjoy a nice dinner. She ordered a steak and shrimp combo, she was hungry."if any of you guys like Shrimp. I'll be glad to share" She offered.  Marie ordered a pasta entree, and Rose ordered cheese ravioli.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As it was, the Bremen II was sailing to Corona, which was the world's busiest port as well as capital city. The convenient thing about Corona was that it was insanely well protected from external attack but an efficient port of commerce and transit.

The large liner docked at its usual dock, having made a two week voyage from Voltaic Station to Corona. It had transited the middle Atlantic to the northern Atlantic with no problems, and fortunately, Kalis's fleet was not encountered. So even though Triste hadn't wanted to go back to Corona, there was little choice, since the Bremen II made a triangular loop: Corona to Rio, Rio to Voltaic, and Voltaic to Corona.

So now it had docked, and summer had turned into fall during the group's absence. The unloading process had begun, though with tighter restrictions on immigration due to the numerous terrorist attacks that had taken place at Voltaic as of late. There was quite literally no place on the planet the Big Four as they were known couldn't reach. Security however wasn't as tight as at Voltaic for the simple reason that terrorist attacks in Corona were next to impossible to stage for any great length without being overwhelmed by the numerous fleets that orbited the city. More than a million troops could be brought to bear, but the city was still on high alert thanks to a recent attack that had gone unsolved publicly...

Still... being a current resident of Corona helped one's reentry into the city. And since every one of the party was indeed a current resident of Corona... problems with immigration would most likely be minimal. The things they had to be looking over their shoulder for were not the legal authorities, but the hit teams Judaken would undoubtedly be dispatching now. Still, they were home for now after a particularly grueling trek, and but two waypoints remained to be found before Torment's Cataract... and Devastation's Inception.

Aboard the Red Castle, Kalis gazed out at the night sky as his fleet drifted over the polar regions on idle. One more waypoint... the one he hadn't been able to secure before Rex had died... or more correctly, Kalis had eliminated him. But his hastiness had proved to be a mistake. Killing his erstwhile boss hadn't been good, as without him, Kalis had unfortunately not been able to locate the final waypoint. So what to do?

The obvious answer was use the fools who were currently finding the waypoints. Let them get the penultimate waypoint, then nab them... torture them... make them give up the location of the last waypoint, then kill them, obtain it, and activate Devastation's Inception. Destroy the Ivitz Federation, rule the world, end of story.

Of course there was one hitch to that plan. How to actually nab those fools at the right time. Kalis hadn't been able to place a tracker on their group yet... but as it turned out, providence had strange ways of working... and providence hadn't let him down yet.

As for torturing them, he wasn't concerned. They were weak. They were a close knit group. Breaking one would threaten the others... and break them all. He wasn't concerned about that. His game plan now thoroughly established, Kalis chose to do something he'd been learning over the past ten years or so... sit down and wait. The world wasn't going anywhere... he could burn it all in due time. Best be patient... let providence work itself out... and it certainly would... of that he had little doubt.

The richest part was of course the irony of the situation. But he'd get to that... all in due time... two gifts he had received as of late... both incredibly useful. Both coming from Varanus... which was the only reason the monitor wasn't dead right now. While Kalis didn't tolerate failure of any kind, he also was wont to forgive his mentor and heir since he'd actually done something productive this last excursion. Both gifts were delicious... but one in particular Kalis was looking forward to revealing. He felt like a chess player right now... the world being his board. But the nice thing about this, is that he was winning... and he reveled in each move he made...

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren rode the elevator up to his apartment. He sniffed the air. It still stank of bums, debris and cheapass cleaning materials.

He unlocked the door and shoved his luggage against the kitchen table. "So you're back from your vacation?" a familiar Shetland Pony said as gave a quick snort to clear her nostrils.

"Anne! Glad to see you! Ióow!" Soren gasped for air as the powerfully built mare embraced him in a bonecrushing hug.

She released him and turned to the three Canines. "So how was your vacation?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Thanks." Axel leaned into the taxi that had driven them from the docks to pay the driver, then stepped across to drag their luggage out from the back. As the car sped away, he stood on the sidewalk, leaning on the bag and taking in the familiar sight of their tiny house, set against the fading light of the evening sky. He sighed and looked at Lily. "Is it crazy that I've never been happier to see this place?"

"Oh, hello you two!" a woman called from across the street as she watered her garden. "I hope you two had a lovely - oh!" She gawped as turned and the streetlight above him illuminated the bruise on his cheek beneath his fur that was starting to fade.

Axel waved back. "Hey Mrs. Kershan! The, uh..." He blinked. "The waiters were really insistent about their tips." Turning, he shrugged at Lily and started to heave the luggage up the small path leading to their screen door. "Have you, ah, heard anything from Emilena? Has she... you know, has she found anything?"

----------------------------------------------

The high powered binoculars revealed everything that was going on in Vergil's apartment. So far, there was nothing of interest. Swearing softly under her breath, Triste lowered them, setting the device down on the small table beside her and slouching forward in her chair, the darkened apartment cloaking her in shadows. The small, cheap room she'd rented since the first day she'd arrived in Corona after discovering where Vergil lived was situated in a complex opposite from his, giving her a good view into his apartment.

After a heated discussion with Fugate, she'd had no choice but to go along with what Vergil wanted, and take a short moment for the group to recuperate in Corona. For a long time, she'd sat in her rented apartment, watching his building as the sun started lowering in the sky, sure that at any moment there'd be trouble, Kalis making a move on Vergil. But here'd been nothing.

She sighed and rubbed her eyes. Am I getting too paranoid?

-----------------------------------------------

Rio took a deep breath as he stepped into the cavernous room of the gang's hideout, taking in the scent of dust, sweat and shame. The plane journey back had been long and grueling - a huge man, perhaps a few inches off being classified as a planet, had been seated next to Rio, and the boy had spent the majority of the trip buried under the man's overflowing stomach, struggling for air.

Staggering over to the musty sofa, Rio collapsed back into it, propping his feet up on a crate filled with Foley's technical equipment. "Hey Hal!" he called out into the quiet as the others made their way in. "We're back!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I haven't heard anything from her…" Lily muttered under her breath so Mrs. Kershan couldn't hear. "For all I know she's still in South America."

Lily smiled weakly for Mrs. Kershan's sake, but mainly just focused on unlocking the door, dragging her suitcase into the living room and collapsing onto the sofa. "My god…" she panted. "We're home. Finally."

She glanced at her luggage. What's the point of even unpacking? She wearily curled up into a ball right there on the couch. "Let's just phone in for pizza; I'm not making anything…" she murmured sleepily. "Wake me when it gets here--"

She glanced through half-lidded eyes one last time at the window as the setting sun dipped under the porch roof of Mrs. Kershan's condo…and immediately jolted upright when she saw a glint of light in the nearby tree. Racing to the window, she drew the curtains quickly, then peeked out again.

She recognized a police camera. Were it not for her looking at the perfect moment of the setting sun, she wouldn't have noticed the glint of its lens. "Axel!" she exclaimed. "Axel, we're being watched!"

She ran and closed all the other windows. As she locked the kitchen drapes, she got a glimpse at an unmarked van parked near their road. It was revving its engine and driving off.

"Axel," she stumbled backwards. "We can't stay here. It's the police; they've bugged the place." She didn't know if Denny North was responsible or if some other part of her dozens of illegal doings in the past few days had led them here, but she knew that they'd be back soon.

------------------------------------

Nairda stumbled through the ashen forests outside Lanthae. The American border patrol had been furious when the computer check revealed that Nairda was an American citizen, and let him go with a free Aloe Vera wipe as an apology for the overnight torture session. They also let him keep the hilt of his shattered katana.

"Emi's gonna kill me…Emi's gonna kill me…oh god oh god she's gonna kill me…" he repeated over and over until he'd managed to effortlessly fit the sentence into his normal breathing pattern. He tried to come up with possible ways of fixing the blade, but Emi would know.

I can't worry about that now… he finally forced himself to shut up. I'm almost there…

Rounding a hill and limping through the stale fallen leaves, Nairda got his first glimpse of the house of his parents; Emile and Lena Kibagami.

----------------------------------

As he climbed through the back door (the front door was booby-trapped; Emilena's gang never used it), Foley was so tired he didn't even have the strength to snap at Rio to take his grubby paws off the merch. "I'm going to bed." He stamped towards the guest room.

"Me too…" yawned Flora. She followed him in. "Hey, not my bed!" Emilena heard Foley exclaim.

Emilena was as tired as everybody else, but she first checked every square inch of the safe house for traps or alterations since they'd last been there. She didn't notice anything out of place. "Hal?" she called out.

Soon she was satisfied that the safe house was trap-free, but she wondered why Hal was gone. He should have left a note at the very least… she wondered. Well, if he's not back by tomorrow we'll go looking for him.

She retreated to her private bedroom, undressed and climbed under the covers, having never checked the outside of the front door, where Hal's decomposing head was impaled on a stake.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In the bedroom, Axel was busy shaking out a cigarette that he'd hidden in the sock drawer. Shooting tentative glances towards the doorway, he flicked on his lighter and started to bring the flame forwards... then jumped at Lily's shout, dropping both on the floor. "Hang on honey!" he called back, hastily bending down to pick up the incriminating evidence in case she came in. Then he paused, his eyes widening as he realised what she'd just said.

"What? The police?! Are you sure?!" Axel cried, dashing out of the bedroom and rushing over to her. "What the hell did we do?" Actually, that might be a stupid question... Pushing a hand through his hair, causing it to stick up crazily, he struggled to think what their options were. Obviously, like she'd said, they needed to go... but where? Soren's was the obvious answer, although Emilena's hideout might be more anonymous - but would she even accept them in? He swore under his breath. Either way, they didn't have time to decide here. "Alright, we... let's just go, okay? We can decide where to go when we're not being... ah, you know..." Spied on.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was long" Marita said as one by one the girls came up to greet Anne " so you feeling better? this place.. looks just about the same as well we left, well more or less'  She said looking at Anne with a smile.
Rose went over to her room and pulled out her coin jar and tossed the coins she had scooped up during the trip. The jar was about two-thirds full,m and her closet had several others fill;ed nearly to the brim.I Really should count my coins ne of these days ' she said to herself./
 Marie went over to her room to put her luggage away and head in the bathroom to take a much needed shower. the water wasnt very warm, but it was beter than having no running water. after the luxury of voltaic and the cruise, hiome felt small and bare.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily's heart was racing as she grabbed her suitcase (the only thing in the house she knew for sure wasn't bugged…) and led the way out the back door.

It wasn't until they were a block away from the house that she felt courageous enough to even speak. "We need to find somewhere to stay..." she whispered urgently. "I'm so tired…our only real options are Soren and Emilena…" As much as the idea of living with a gang of drug dealers didn't appeal to her, she might get lucky and they weren't even home yet. "It's getting dark and we need to find shelter fast. How about you go ask Soren, and I'll ask Emilena? Then I'll call your cell in an hour and we can decide what to do."

---------------------------------

Nairda stumbled across the tended fields of an algae farm, shivering in the twilight wind. The farm was very remote; he could barely see the ruins of Lanthae on the horizons.

He knocked tentatively on the door. After a few minutes, a lithe female Vulpine in a bathrobe creaked the door open a sliver. All Nairda could see was her eye, which he noticed with a pang was the same dark brown color as his own. "Who are you?" she asked firmly, not unlatching the door.

"H-hi…" Nairda stuttered, flushing red. "You…probably don't recognize me, but…"

The Vupline's eyes went wide. "Nairda?" she gasped. She flung the door open and placed her H&K USP on the side table. "Nairdey-poo? Is that you?"

"Hi mom…" Nairda smiled, looking embarrassed as she flung her arms around him and kissed him all over his face. She had snow-white fur, with pale blue hair and black markings on her arms and tail. Her fluffy bathrobe seemed several sizes too small and clung unsettlingly close to her curves. "Uh, where's dad?"

"He'll be back soon; he's hunting in the mountains. Oh, he'll be so glad to see you!" She pinched his cheek and gasped as she observed how cut up he was. "What happened to you? We need to get you cleaned up!"

"Oh, nothing," Nairda blushed as Lena dragged him into the bathroom. "I just had to jump the Mexican-American border with-- hey! Whoa!" Lena was stripping his shirt off. "Mom! Come on!"

Lena glanced at him sideways. "Honey, I am your mother. There ain't nothing on you I haven't seen." She pulled off his boots and pants and turned on the shower. "Now you get yourself washed up and respectable before your father gets home," she ordered. "Don't skip the soap!"

"Okay, mother," Nairda acquiesced, sighing as the warm water washed over his tired body.

"Make sure to use shampoo!"

"Okay, mother!"

"And sweetie," she stuck her head in one last time, causing him to jump and pull the shower curtain shut. "I'm so glad you're safe and home…"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anne nickered and nuzzled the girls as they hugged her. "Yeah, much better."

She went over to the kitchen and grabbed a plate with five rather unappetizing looking patties on them. "I'm going to be making dinner. Catfish burgers with toasted seaweed chips for Soren and the three canines. And a lentil and oat burger with with seaweed chips for myself. She offered the Human a toothpick with a small piece of cooked catfish burger on it.

Soren nodded as he took the toothpick. "Thanks!" He ate the meat. He screwed up his face as he choked it down. "Anne! What the fuck did you do to the burger!?"

"Bad?"

Soren shook his head. "It's overcooked and all the flavor's gone! Just stick to vegetarian cooking."

The Human flopped down on the somewhat grungy couch and turned on the TV (an LCD TV they had picked out of a dumpster and he had repaired).

"Good evening Corona, this is Raina Kapoor of Corona News Service." The anchor was a Dhole wearing a bland but tasteful suit. The background behind her changed to show "Suspects in Fishing Tender Explosion Sought. "Corona police are searching for the suspects behind yesterday's explosion at the Corona Dockyards that destroyed the fishing tender F.V. Tilapia, owned by Davis Fish Farms. Anti-fishing radicals are suspected but other parties cannot be ruled out. The company and police are offering a 500,000 credit reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the guilty party."

Soren sighed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose with his hand.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel chewed his lip. He hated the idea of splitting up... but they had to find somewhere to lay low as quickly as they could, and wandering around until they found somewhere was a sure way to get picked up by the police.

"Crap..." he hissed. "Alright, I guess we've got no choice. But..." He trailed off when the sound of a vehicle speeding up the street reached his ears. Tugging Lily behind a dumpster, he held his breath as the car roared past - then let it out shakily. Unless the police were employing tiny, elderly women who struggled to see over their steering wheel, it was a false alarm.

Axel turned his attention back to Lily. "If anything comes up, anything, you call me straight away, okay?" He pulled her into a hug. "See you soon, honey..." Tweaking her nose and trying to keep a confident face, Axel backed away and started running in the opposite direction.

-----------

Almost forty minutes later, Axel was riding up in the elevator to Soren's apartment. As he leaned back, gasping for air while trying to avoid breathing through his nose - the smell of sweat and cleaning products was really quite strong - he absent mindedly thought about when the last time he'd visited Soren was. Too long... Finally, the lift shuddered to a halt and the door rattled open. Stepping out, Axel made his way down the corridor to Soren's door, trying to keep his tail from dragging in the suspicious marks staining the floor.

Reaching the door, Axel swallowed then rapped. "Uh... Soren? Marita? It's Axel, I've, uh... Me and Lily have a problem..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita heard the door knock and went over to open it " as she did she saw Axel sodden and panting standing outside ' Axel! Please, do come in" she said kindly " You look like you've been running in a marathon. Whats going on?' She asked as she held the door out for him. "  look, just come on in and tell us about it, alright?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily nodded. "Be safe," she urged her husband, before he disappeared down the street.

It was than that she looked around and realized she didn't remember how to get to Emilena's hideout. Rio had led her, and he had a distracted, infinitely circuitous way of leading that made replicating the voyage almost impossible.

She debated calling Axel so soon after they'd separated, only to realize she also had no phone or available way to contact him. "I really thought this through…" she muttered sleepily.

Since her desire to leave the wiretapped house was the only goal she was currently capable of realizing, she picked the opposite direction Axel had gone and just started walking. Perhaps she'll find a friendly face by accident.

--------------

Nairda finished his shower and languidly grabbed a towel. The water temperature was amazing, and the jets tickled his feet in a wonderful way, and it all combined to make probably the best shower he'd ever experienced. Then he got out and noticed his clothes had all been removed from the bathroom floor.

"Mom?" he called, wrapping the towel around his waist and opening the bathroom door, letting out wispy clouds of steam. "Where are my--?"

"Look dear, I made you your old favorite!" Lena came hurrying, holding a bowl of Astro Flakes. "You used to eat this all the time when you were younger! Wanted to be an astronaut. Remember that?"

"Where are my clothes?" Nairda repeated.

"I put them in the washer, they were filthy!" Lena pushed the bowl into his hands and hurried him over to the living room couch. "They'll be cleaned by tomorrow, don't you worry about those; just relax. You're home."

"Could I…uh…wear some of dad's clothes?" Nairda asked uncomfortably, setting the cereal on the side table. His mother felt far too close in her skimpy bathrobe squeezed next to him on the couch.

Lena smiled and cradled his chin. "Why do you act so stiff, my child?" She ran her hand along his face and pounding chest. "It's been years since I've seen you, and it seems that now we're together, all you want to do is keep away!"

"That's...not true, I just--hey!" Nairda yelped as she tugged at his towel. Despite his best efforts, she proved stronger and more persistent than he was able to handle. Not to mention the towel was doing an embarrassingly poor job of hiding his body's natural reaction. "I...Mom…?"

Lena purred and triumphantly threw the towel away. "Relax. You're home…let it all out," she whispered softly in his ear. "There's nobody here to judge, just your loving parents who've missed you."

"I…I don't really think this is appropriate…" Nairda protested feebly, then found himself unable to speak as she stroked him expertly.

"I'm so pleased you take after your grandfather," Lena smiled hungrily. "I love Emile with all my heart, but he never could fill me up like I desire…" Putting her finger over Nairda's mouth, she slowly got on her knees in front of the couch and stimulated him with her breasts and tongue.

Nairda groaned and his eyes widened, then he moaned and his eyes shut tight. "Mmmph! Mmph! Mmmmm…" was all the protest he could manage as his mother gave him exactly what she reckoned he needed.

Outside, Emile Kibagami walked up to his front door, hand reaching for the knob...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As he heard the knocking on his door, Soren shut off the TV. He got up, went to his bedroom and grabbed the Remington 870 hidden underneath his bed. He chambered a round and headed to the "foyer" of his apartment.

When he saw it was Axel, he let out a breath and let the shotgun dangle from its sling. "Sorry about that, can never beówhat the fuck!?" he exclaimed upon seeing Axel panting heavily. "What happened!?"

Anne saw Axel's distressed state and quickly poured him a glass of water. "Easy, y'all," she said. "Don't overwhelm him."

She gestured to the kitchen table, which was covered with computer disks and USB sticks that had been sent through the mail as spam. Normally, they'd be tossed into the  recycling bin but Anne had been using her free time to break open the USB sticks and extract the tiny circuit boards that she could hock for a few credits (the elaborate metal extraction system in her apartment had been destroyed with Lanthae. Not to mention, the bacterial cocktail and nutrients that the bacteria needed were not easy to got a hold of).

Two marijuana plants in the corner provided the only greenery in the apartment. Of course, no one else did anything with them except Anne. The mare had gotten off all other drugs except marijuana. Granted, it was probably the safest seeing as she grew her own.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel nodded, waving a hand in thanks as he made his way through the door and more or less fell into one of the chairs around the kitchen table. "Th... Thanks," he gasped, accepting the water from Anne and gulping it down. Draining it, he took a few deep breaths and set it down, pushing aside a stack of USB sticks to make room for it, then glanced at the shotgun Soren was toting. "You must really hate junk mail..."

Shaking his head, he rested his elbows on the table and rubbed his face. "I'm sorry, I... ah, shit..." Axel looked around at the others. "When we got home, can't have been more than, uh, an hour and a half ago, me and Lily found bugs... cameras. It's the police, they're watching us. We... we don't know why. But we can't stay there anymore." He nervously started fiddling with one of the computer discs strewn across the table. "I know it's... ah, I know this isn't what you need right now. You know, with everything else that's happening. But... could we lay low here for a while? Just until it gets... sorted out?"

He blinked. "We didn't know if you'd be here, so Lily went to try with Em..." Axel paused, his ears turning pink as his eyes flicked over to Soren briefly. "Emma, one of her friends. But we'd prefer if it was with you..." He swallowed. "We don't know what else to do, guys."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You were bugged? great. Probably the result of our little visit from Zaloga, we were videotaped entering there after all' Marita sighed. " but sure you and Lily can stay with us. we have enough room to squeeze a couple more folks in.. Just bring in whatever you can spare..' She added. We have an extra foldout couch in Maries room you can use. Its not the lap of luxury but its better then nothing.. Theres also the little matter of rent.. but we'll work that out once you guys are fully settled.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily grew more and more tired as she walked. She was practically sleepwalking when a hobo stuck a dirty change cup in her face and jolted her to alertness.  She handed him what money she had and kept walking.

Where am I? she thought, realizing with dawning apprehension that it was getting dark and she had no idea where in Cornova she was. "I should have just gone with Axel…" she muttered.

She stumbled into a park. The idea of sleeping on a park bench seemed better and better with every step she took towards the nearest one. Planning on merely recuperating strength, she hardly noticed as she curled up on the bench and drifted off to sleep in the warm city breeze.

------------------------------

Nairda was squealing shamelessly as Lena worked her magic, and didn’t notice for several seconds when his father opened the door and stepped inside. “Ahh!” he screeched in dawning horror, pushing his mother away. Emile wore a rugged khaki wife-beater and camo pants, and had 4 dead seals slung over his shoulder. He looked with surprise at the stranger in his home.  “Oh god please don’t kill me!” Nairda sobbed in horror, staring at the bloody club clipped to Emile’s utility belt. “I’m so sorry, I--”

“Honey, it’s Nairda!” exclaimed Lena. “He’s come home!”

Emile dropped his clubbed seals in surprise. “Nairda?” he stepped forward, squinting in the light. “My god, it is you!” Emile lifted him off the couch and crushed him in a manly hug. “You’re home son! You’ve finally come home!”

“You...you’re not mad that I was…?” Nairda was stunned both from his father’s reaction and from having the wind completely squeezed out of him.

“Good heavens, sweetheart, poor boy’s hardly home for one night and you’re already jumping his bones!” Emile chuckled at his wife. “You need to get that libido under control!”

“He was in one of his moody spells something fierce!” Lena defended herself. “There’s no faster way to help him when he’s all pent up like this. Trust me, a mother knows these things.”

Emile took one look at Nairda and nodded knowingly. “She’s right. C’mere son, let me show you how a pro does it.” He trapped Nairda in a corner and made a grab for the goods. “For some reason your mother thinks she’s better at this than me, despite me having insider male knowledge.”

“Well I’ve got years of experience!” Lena folded her arms. “You haven’t blown anyone since Karl all those years ago, and he always said I was better!”

Nairda stumbled. “Karl! Karl Nairda!” he dodged under his dad’s arm and made a run for the bathrobe now lying crumpled on the floor. “That’s who I came to learn about!” He wrapped the robe around his waist like a tunic. “Nobody’s blowing anybody until I learn your history with him. Why did you name me after him? And why--” his voice choked, “--did you put me up for adoption if you really loved me?”

Both of his parents grew silent.