The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Upcoming Films You DON'T Want to See.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
See title.

"Star Wars, Episode Three". What's the bloody point?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If nothing else I'll see Star Wars in theaters to see how well they did connecting the two triologies, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll go out and buy the dvds.  I don't own a single copy of the newer triology to date and never will.

These will both be out shortly but I'm not too interested in either Dreamwork's Madagascar or Pixar's Cars. :unsure:  I guess I really won't know until I watch them, but the spoof trailers have been nothing to sneeze at.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't watch most of the movies shown in the cinema. Star Wars III though is one I'm certainly going to see. Even with the prequels not having the atmosphere of the original movies I still think they have more of a right to exist than some other movies do (just my opinion).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Star Wars is a turn off for me. I've never really liked Star Wars despite knowing about the majority of the characters and mechanics (Light Sabres and the rest of it). The only thing about Star Wars I liked was the creatures every other hardcore fan loved to hate...the Ewoks! PMSL!  :lol But I can safely say, I wont be sorry I missed it

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
House of Wax. Paris Hilton is merely famous for looking pretty and having a low-quality adult video circulate around the internet.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Who is Paris Hilton? And what does shock you enough to wave goodbye after you just reappeared after a long while.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Don't bother finding out who Paris Hilton is. Feel lucky that you don't know who she is.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you really wanna know, find out on imdb.com but don't be surprised by what you see LOL

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Let's just say that her name is known in infamy, due to one thing that comedians will never let go of.  Jay Leno has at least joke per night about that.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't really get though what insulted Jojo so much that he seems to be waving goodbye. Jojo, who insulted you with which statement?  :unsure:

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Just forget it, I wasn't using the right words. I am insulted as a Star Wars fan, other than that, I am just "disappointed" that there are people that hate Star Wars 'that' much. Of course people are entitled to their own opinions.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
But that's just it Jojo. Little differences like favourite movies are people's personal preferences...Don't be offended by this. I'm sure there is something that you dont like! Each to their own and all...right?! You seriously gonna lay your hang-ups just coz of a movie people don't wanna see?

C'mon...don't be like that! I'm sure no offense was intended. We're all friends here!  :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The fact that you actually enjoy the prequels pretty much disqualifies anything you've ever said as being credible, as far as I'm concerned, Jojo. Those films are travesties. They hold no continuity with the originals. The Phantom Plot, the Clod Wars, and The Revenge of the Sucks are not worth my time.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I disagree Weird Raptor.
I do like Star Wars and even though I don't think the prequels have the same impressive atmosphere as the original movie I don't see any serious contradiction. Please name the points that don't agree with the original movies (I'm sure there are some) to make this a discussion rather than an exchange of offenses.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Obi-Wan in the orignals: "Your father, Anakin, was already an accomplished star pilate when I met him".

Prequels: An 8 year old kid who's never flown a ship in his life and has never won a pod race.

Obi-Wan: "Your father was a good man..."

Prequels: The sadistic bastard named Anakin Skywalker murders a whole village, including the children.

Originals: The force is a holy power that works best for the good people.

Prequels: A scientific concept that Lucas pulled out of his ass.

Originals: Luke is described as being too much like his father for comfort.

Prequels: I see nothing that makes Luke like his father at all.

Yes, these films are travesties. That's not debatable. End of discussion.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think Obi-Wan was talking about Anakin as he was growing-up. I don't know every single little detail about Star Wars but it was the path Anakin decided to take which none of the Jedi Knights could have foreseen. I'm not gonna go into the technicallities of it all cause I don't know it that well but I can't see how the can say Star Wars is inconsistent.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
It doesn't matter what ppl likes. it just the tastes are different to other films. doesn't mean to say things that might down the film. you might like horror films and others do not. it depends on the tastes Weird Raptor.

-Threehorn

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, it depends on how you value the original trilogy and how you like to see continuity between the two.
Oh, and Jojo the Almighty, you were offended by my opinion, well now you have a reaon to be offended. I like to actually deserve any offense people feel towards me.