The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Just saw Bambi 2 with my sister...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the first one when I was like really young so I don't really remember it at all. She told me the 2nd one was way better anyway...I still regret having not remembered the first one though.

Anyway, great movie :D I liked it

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why in goodness' name did they make a sequel? Bambi was good enough on its own, sqequels only cheapen the original, loook at Lion King 2 or cindrella 2.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I haven't seen Bambi 2 (wasn't even aware it existed) and I can hardly remember Bambi which I watched ages ago. Yet what you wrote Nick is pretty much what many people write about LBT too. Let those who enjoy Bambi 2 enjoy it and don't feel too bothered if you don't enjoy it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Bambi 2 is an "in-between" -quel.  It happens right after the Great Prince picks up Bambi and tells him that his mother can't be with him any more.  Then cut to this release.  After this release is done, supposedly you can go back to the original and finish the story....

The appearance of Faline in screen captures though, kind of shows that they weren't trying to make this film work like I just described, since adult Bambi reacts to adult Faline like they haven't seen each other in ages.  :rolleyes:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
in my defense Malte, I disapprove of sequels to the 'classic' Disney films. Dumbo, Pinocchio, Snow White, Bambi, etc. Ththose gfilms are really works of art, and I grew up on thiose films as well. making a sequel only cheapens the first film, because:
the original is so well-known and beloved
The sequel is made long after the first film, and the original voice actors are either dead or too old to reprise thier roles

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No need for defending yourself, for I am NOT attacking you. People think I'm attacking all the time. Am I that scary?  :cry2
making a sequel only cheapens the first film, because:
the original is so well-known and beloved
The same has frequently been said about LBT and its sequels.
The sequel is made long after the first film, and the original voice actors are either dead or too old to reprise thier roles
Though LBT 2 was released not that long after the original movie (original 1988, LBT 2 1994) there was only one main character still spoken by the original movie's voice (Cera = Candace Hutson).
There may well be a difference, but I reckon it must be elsewhere. Possibly within ourselves.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I know you are not attacking me malte :D  I was merely elaborsating my points.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I think what Nick is getting at with the voice talents is that the people they chose for Bambi 2 sound nothing like the original voices (Thumper especially) where the people over at Universal actually went and found people that actually sounded like the original sound cast.

(Note: I have not seen Bambi 2 and am only going off of trailers)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I don't understand why they make sequels to a movie that's over 50 years old.  Because some of the old disneys are based off of Grimms Fairytales, though I don't read fantsy books, you can say that disney is ruining 300 year old stories that were made into a movie in the 20th century and the unconsious disney directors and producers of the 21st century are screwing up Walt's original work.  Disney has really lost it these past five or six years.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would have to agree. The last truly great work Disney has done was the Lion King. And even that was cheapened by a sequel.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 9 2006 on  10:45 AM
People think I'm attacking all the time. Am I that scary?  :cry2
No!  However, the problem is this.  What most people come to fear is your power.  Mainly the power to ban.  You hold the power to ban, and they are afraid that anything they say might insult you and ban them.

Now, I'm not in any way, shape or form trying to offend mods, but I've known a few to actually be rather, what's the word?  Ah yes!  Bad!

Simply, those kinds of mods have been known to ban people they hate.  Of course, some of them paid the price when found out and ended up getting banned themselves.  Not long after that, the ones they banned for hate purposes were allowed back on.

I know you not to be one of those mods.  However, some may think that, and fear you because of that.  So, as you can understand, it's most likely a misunderstanding.  I hope that clears things up. :)

Now, as for this movie, I'm not too sure if I'm going to even rent it.  It may not be too bad, but I'll have to see it for myself.  I liked the original.  So there's only one way to find out really if I will like it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In my whole life I have not banned any member from any forum and (except for commercial messages) I only ever deleted three other messages I think (one of which suggested a fanfiction in which Littlefoot and the others ended up in Auschwitz while the others consisted of abuses only). I speak my mind however and don't always mince matters when they are bothering me. This is what may make me appear gruffy especially to those who didn't ask for criticism.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For the record, poke, nobody has used the big red button here except on a group of spammers once.  We had one suspension, but I overruled it since I didn't agree with the reasoning behind it.  

We don't do that stuff here to people who dissent.  If you show a dark side, then yes perhaps there might be a compelling reason to take action, but disagreeing has not, and won't be a reason.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked Bambi 2. It was really good IMPO.  {In my personal opinion.} The kid who played as Thumper sounded a little bit like the original voice. My problems with it were the music and how short it was but other then that it was pretty good.