The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

the scariest game you ever played

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
the scariest games i ever played would be aliens versus predator 2, doom 3, gunman,

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Silent Hill, no doubt B) Those games scare the crap out of me, I love them! I hope they make a 5. Can't wait for the movie, w00t! :D hehe

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Doom 3, without a dougt.  I was screaming like a girl when things jumped out of the shodows.  I had a hard time going to sleep for weeks!   :blink:  :unsure:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This may sound stupid, but Sky Odessey which is rated E had some things in it that scared the mess out of me.  Like the part where you have to fly over those active volcanoes at night.  The sky had an eery red shade and there were these lava flows.  And then, there is this area with all this lightning.  And the lava spewing out of holes in the ground.  Like the end of the world.  Not something you'd expect in a flight simulator.  Then, there is the part where you have to fly through raging snowstorms over these high mountain peaks low on fuel or having to fly through a ravine in a thunderstorm.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For some strange reason, Doom 3 had no effect on me as far as sleeping or anything. Or F.E.A.R. I guess there are just certain things that will "haunt" me. Not that Doom 3 wasn't a scary game, it's just I never had a problem going to sleep or even walking in the kitchen at night (Who knows where those Imps could be hiding :lol:)

Now there are movies like House of Wax. Where I was so terrified, to this day, if I think about it at night, my mind will go into instant alert and it will be very hard for me to relax myself to try to fall asleep :unsure: I guess everybody has a weakness.

One other VERY scary game I've played is Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare for the PC. Talk about an excellently made game! It had the perfect atmosphere to really give you the creeps.

One of the best horror games I've played in my opinion :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
One of the scariest games I ever played was Clive Barker's Undying
Clive Barker's Undying for the PC.
Like a well-written novel, this game kept the player in constant suspense and terror or what you may experience next, and kept "asking" the player to keep playing.  I never have finished the game, but I played through enough of it to tell you that it's terrifying, both physically (monsters sneaking out at you, some of the scenes when you cast a vision spell to learn more about an area) and psychologically (the plot and storyline of the game itself is rather twisted and creepy).  

Excellent game, despite being about 5 years old (it uses elements of the Unreal Tournament engine, by Epic games.  It's not a UT mod, it's a stand-alone game.)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
*snickers* You think THOSE are scary games, guys? Feh! wimps... Of course, I've played the mother-heavy weight of the Horror Game Genre, and its called...

..."Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem". I can guarantee it, nothing else in the game business is scarier than that game.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem Have a look.

It has an excellent plot, very layered and driven. And very creepy. Basically, you have to fight three different gods who want to come into this reality in order to save the earth, and they unleash their various monstrious creations and machinations upon you to stop you. Featuring everything from Undead Roman Centurians, to typical zombies, to giant bat-like monsters, to creepy Prayng Mantis like critters which rip open a person, crawl inside the wound, and take control of said person, to ghosts, and you also have a "Sanity Meter", which means that your character can go insane and start seeing and hearing things, this also makes it hard to tell what's real and what's not at certain points.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you calling me a wimp?!  Listen, I'm not usually intimidated by most games, but for some odd reason, Doom 3 just sparked off this strange emotion that I never experience when I play even scarier games! :angry:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Don't start this arguing crap again, please! :angry:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Right.  But I just hate it when people call me a wimp.  :mad:  And I still hold a grudge against that guy too.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was joking (that fact that I used a term like "Feh!", which is typically a deliberate and humorous attempt at being snobbish should have been your first clue), now either list the scariest game you've ever played, or get out, because I'm not the one who started being off-topic this time.

And the truth of the matter is that anyone who hasn't playe d"Eternal Darkness" yet wasn't seen just how scary a game can be, because it blows "Alone in the Dark", "Doom 3", "Undying" and such right out of the water.

So, you still have a grudge, eh, so that's why your's getting on my case. Well, either get off or you're going to wish that you never laid eyes on my username.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
We all have our different opinions, that's all I'm going to say.  And now I'm going to shut the hell up.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Look, I'm sorry I pissed you off. And I'm sorry I took your remark so personally.  Truce?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
And the truth of the matter is that anyone who hasn't playe d"Eternal Darkness" yet wasn't seen just how scary a game can be, because it blows "Alone in the Dark", "Doom 3", "Undying" and such right out of the water.
Hmmm, I want to try this game then, hehe.

Also has anyone here played "Haunting Grounds"? That's another one of my favorites. Basically the real freaky thing about this game is you don't exactly kill your enemies. While playing the game you will have a particular enemy wandering around the place looking for you and the only way to get away is to hide places until he gives up and wanders off (really cool :)). The only weapon you really have is a dog you found (Don't worry, I'm not spoiling anything, it says it on the back of the case :lol:) but it's always better to hide.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, that's a pretty good one. Unique in the Horror-Survival Genre of game.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know why, but I feel like you are completley ignoring my apology.  :o  Can't you see that RogerRabbit and I are trying to end this fighting between you and me completley?!  I'm trying to make peace between us!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know why, but I feel like you are completley ignoring my apology. Can't you see that RogerRabbit and I are trying to end this fighting between you and me completley?! I'm trying to make peace between us!

It's this kind of bickering back and forth that is keeping the tension between you guys.  I see what you're saying, but I see no threatening remark make by WeirdRaptor.  From my point of view, it looks like both of you need to take each other more lightly.  You're over-analysing what each other is saying, and you take it in hostility.

If you want to end the fighting, learn to laugh with (and at, if you want, but remember.  Keep it casual and light) each other and don't sweat the little details.  Discuss instead of argue, and accept each other's opinons.

When I read Weirdraptor's "Wimp" comment, he was referring to me as well, however I was willing to take it in good humor instead of taking it personally.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was joking, and sure enough, he was.

Weirdraptor, perhaps the use of emoticons can help clear up when you're joking and when you're not.  If there is ever a time when you feel you need to be serious, don't attack the other person.  Instead State what you feel is the issue, as unbiased as possible, leaving them free to be who they are.

This should be easily solvable, as there is no serious problem between you guys.  It's just constant mis-communication and taking many issues too seriously.  Try to relax, guys.  Life is more fun that way :wow

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't mean to ignore your apology, although I should have commented in hindsight. I was just hoping that moving as if nothing happened would clear it right up. Sorry.

To action: I thought about using an emoticon, but I didn't see one that I felt fit the joke.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry I got mad at you for taking your comment so personally.  And I accept your apology.