The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Has anyone here seen Fern Gully 2

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone here watched Fern Gully 2.  if you have, what did you think of it?  Was the quality up to that of the original?  Better?  Worse?  Thanks :lol

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was not as good as the original, but that's JMo.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ahh, thanks a lot for the quick response, Nick B)  Much obliged
I'll keep an eye out here for some more opinions.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yes, it's animated.

Yep I've seen it, only once. Didn't like it that much.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't know why I'm posting since I think most know what my answer is, but I'll say that since it wasn't even created by the same company that made the original, I should say it wouldn't be up to par.  I'm still trying to get a steal on the "Family Fun" edition of the original.  :P:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Oka, have someone slowly drive nails into your head while someone else puts your legs through a giant meat grinder. Okay, now you know what it feels like to try to watch "FernGully 2". It was THAT bad!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still trying to get a steal on the "Family Fun" edition of the original.
That's probably the version I'll end up buying, when I get around to it.  I'm not sure I'll bother with the sequel.

Thank you for your information, everyone :DD

If I can find Fern Gully 2 cheap enough, I may consider it, but for now i'll just go for the Family Fun edition that RR is speaking of.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ouch, apparently Wr you diddn't like it. Did you hear that they are making a FG3?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Did you hear that they are making a FG3?
Oh, my...

I really thought the original was wrapped up nicely enough that even FG 2 was uncalled for.  Fern Gully 3?  I can't even picture where they will go with this one.  Ah, well.  I *may* check it out when it's released.  That's a big "may", though :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Without Robin Williams it would never be the same....why do you think Return of Jafar wasn't that well liked....  :rolleyes:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:lol:  Actually I'm joking, tHey are not making a FG3, at least that I know off. And Roger I did watch ROJ, Dan Castellena did the voice of the Genie, decent but Not Williams.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually I'm joking, tHey are not making a FG3, at least that I know off.
Shows how much I know :lol

I've watched RoJ a few times, myself.  I enjoyed it, but it couldn't hold a candle to the original Aladdin.  It seemed more like a musical than anything, which isn't a bad thing, but it didn't have enough "movie" to carry much of a story within it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the third Aladdin was much better thasn ROJ, because they brought Williams back to do the Genie.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: