The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

i need to get this off my chest

mcr mad · 56 · 6561

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i dont know were to put this topic, but i need to get this off my chest

i have a crush on ducky please dont be grossed out by this i cant help it

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can understand, she is a cute character with a nice personality and some neat features.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
thanks man, i mean there are some pretty fit girls in my school but i would trade them all just to be with ducky

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure many feel the same way, and not just LBT characters but some other ones also  from other shows and series.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This doesn't bother me at all...the one thing I think that stands out about Ducky is her happy go lucky attitude towards life.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It's no big deal. When I was in 3rd grade, I had a enormous crush on the character Brooklyn in Gargoyles  :wow ...but I broke up with him a long time ago to be with a real human guy :p

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
thank you all for think that its ok :DD
i think shed be even cuter as a emo aswell :lol  :yes

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've never had a crush on a fictional character myself. But I knew that some people do get crushes on fictional characters. I may never truly understand it (it even confuses me at times) but I don't give anyone a hard time because of it. I only really have a problem with it if these people take their character crushes too far (such as bashing other pairings for that particular character).

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 20 2008 on  09:27 PM
I've never had a crush on a fictional character myself. But I knew that some people do get crushes on fictional characters. I may never truly understand it (it even confuses me at times) but I don't give anyone a hard time because of it. I only really have a problem with it if these people take their character crushes too far (such as bashing other pairings for that particular character).
yeah but i would raver have a crush on a fiction character than on someone like justin tinberlake or reaner

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
yeah but i would raver have a crush on a fiction character than on someone like justin tinberlake or reaner

It's not hard to believe, nor is it strange.  This usually happens to people who have either had a bad relationship in the past or they have been spending too much time in front of the TV or computer and not socializing enough.

Or it could also be a medical condition, but that is very uncommon.  Maybe if you've had the crush for years and can't get attracted to real people, then you should go see a psychiatrist or something.

people tend to have attractions to a fictional character because they're portrait as perfect, something that doesn't resist in reality.  I mean, sure it'd be great to find someone perfect like some fictional characters we see in movies, but they just don't exist.  That's why people get attracted to stars and such.  They're portrait as perfect as well.  Cartoon characters seem so real now, especially anime so it's not becoming unusual for someone to be attracted to a cartoon character anymore.  Now, if it were Minny Mouse or something, then I'd say you're a little loco. :lol

Oh, and I think this may belong somewhere else than the sequels section.  Perhaps the fridge or AM if it starts to get controversial.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 20 2008 on  10:20 PM

It's not hard to believe, nor is it strange.  This usually happens to people who have either had a bad relationship in the past or they have been spending too much time in front of the TV or computer and not socializing enough.

Or it could also be a medical condition, but that is very uncommon.  Maybe if you've had the crush for years and can't get attracted to real people, then you should go see a psychiatrist or something.

people tend to have attractions to a fictional character because they're portrait as perfect, something that doesn't resist in reality.  I mean, sure it'd be great to find someone perfect like some fictional characters we see in movies, but they just don't exist.  That's why people get attracted to stars and such.  They're portrait as perfect as well.  Cartoon characters seem so real now, especially anime so it's not becoming unusual for someone to be attracted to a cartoon character anymore.  Now, if it were Minny Mouse or something, then I'd say you're a little loco. :lol

Oh, and I think this may belong somewhere else than the sequels section.  Perhaps the fridge or AM if it starts to get controversial.
well i've near had a girlfreind that could be it

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
well i've near had a girlfreind that could be it

Naw.  That could be it, but not very likely.  I've never been serious with a girl either, and a lot of people aren't.  That doesn't turn them into people who have crushes on fictional characters.  I think there's nothing wrong with you.  If it doesn't go away, you might want to seek some mental help, but so long as you're fine with who you are and it's not hurting anyone, I don't see what's wrong with it.  If you've thought to yourself "am I crazy?", then you're probably not.  Crazy people don't know or even think they're crazy.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure about Ducky being perfect, if the sky color stones is cannon to someone then she has a greedy streak she's not shown before.  Though I'd rather they brought in someone else, or had Cera doing that stuff then Ducky, but that is another topic.

I see nothing wrong with someone having a crush on a fictional character and it could be normal, just that society sees it as odd, and anything that diveates from what society accepts and dictates as normal.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I've seen a lot of online posters say they've a crush on Jessica Rabbit (for obvious reasons--namely two of them. :P: :P: ).  Most characters are presented to be human-like so a crush is almost natural.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, add in the way certain characters look, their personality and the fact they are voiced by actual humans, some folks getting a crush on certain characters is understandable.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This is very true...the human voice actors give the characters depth and emotion, so this isn't too strange.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think it's weird at all I would be onere all day if I explained all the animated characters that I have a crush on. But let me just name some just for the record. Over the past few years I have had crushes on.........

Roxanne: (Max's Girlfriend from the original Goofy Movie)

Cadpig: (She was the smallest puppy in 101 Dalmations:The Series)

Ducky

Vitani(Lion King II:Simba's Pride)

Angel: (Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure)

Dixie:(Fox and the Hound 2)

Brandy Harrington( Brandy and Mr. Whiskers)

I'm not gonna be shouting it off any rooftops but fantacizing even about cartoon characters is completeley normal IMO.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's really no big deal.  I have this sort of problem myself when it comes to tomboyish girls on TV.  I just love their personality far too much.

Since Cera's big debut, I've had a crush on her and I could care less.  Yet, mine is not so totally obsessive that I would bash any possible future relationships she might have.

Besides, it's just part of my huge obsession with tomboyish girls.  It's so huge, I just might end up marrying one someday. :)

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think developing crushes on animated characters or whatever is fine. For example, a lot of people have crushes on certain PokÈmon. So...yeah, it's not really all that strange...