The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

It Takes All Sorts

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
In 1997 I recorded LBT IV, when it aired here. The thing is they aired the European Portuguese version, or standard version, which was never soled on VHS or DVD. I've managed to pass the video from the VHS, to a DVD and to my PC.

I intend to upload it to youtube as soon as it starts working, in the meanwhile I've uploaded it to my blog, here's the link:

It Takes All Sorts

It doesn't get any rarer than this. I prefer this version of the song to the original in english, it's natural that most of you guys don't understand the lyrics but I at least hope you like the voices as much as I do.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Very nice...I haven't seen a whole lot of non-English LBT songs. So far I've only come across "Eggs" in Finnish. This was nice to listen too, though! I did quite like this version.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Looks like we share the same opinion (=

I'll try to post Grandma's Lullaby, as soon as I have time.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
You can say that because of my russian ears, but i like english version of that song much better than this one. It's too sharp. :wacko:
But the topic reminds me... When i saw LBT 4 with russian dubbing-in, i liked song "Who Need You" in russian language more then original version. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Too sharp? What do you mean?

You're russian? I'm taking a Russian course this year :D

Здpaвcтyйтe!  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked hearing it in this other language, though I didn't understand it.  Though it was only brief Petrie's voice sounded deeper then the English version, to me at least.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
NewOrder, i'm meant, that voices are cutting my hearing. Слова песни режут слух, i mean. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... that is so weird, Portuguese is a lot smoother than other latin base languages. Oh well, can't please everyone =P