The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Appreciated Member 2020

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi all  :rainbowwave

What an amazing voting turn-out this year, with 20 votes we beat last year's high :D There are also no tie-breakers this year, so we can jump right into the final award of the year: the APPRECIATED MEMBER AWARD. Any member who has received at least one vote in nomination for an award, but did not win or get runner up status, is eligible for this award.  Voting will run for roughly 2 weeks and will end at midnight forum time on Saturday 10/17/20. Here are the nominees:

Goldenwind
Jassy
Little Bro
Nick22
Sovereign
StardustSoldier
The Lone Dragon

It's a tough one this year! Good luck to all contestants!

Running tally:
StardustSoldier - 6
Jassy - 3
Sovereign - 3
The Lone Dragon - 2
Goldenwind - 1
Little Bro - 1
Nick22 - 1
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:46:44 AM by Mumbling »

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I vote for Nick22. One of the GoF's earliest users, he's been strengthening this community in all sorts of large and small ways for over 16 years. Whether it's the RP board, the singalong projects, or the general conversation sections, you can always count on Nick.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Had to give this a lot of thought. My vote goes to StardustSoldier, who is always friendly, always up for a chat and has contributed loads to the forum: his reviews, a bunch of screenshots for the award banners and a general positive presence all throughout the forum.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll vote for the Lone Dragon. He has been a very uplifting presence in any chat and his informative posts about marine life have been interesting. Overall, he has been a great person both to me personally and to the community overall.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My vote for Appreciated Member goes to Goldenwind. He's always there to do an LBT role play with whoever wants to do one and has kept forum activity up.  :ChomperPOG
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Welp...my unbiased vote will have to go to Little Bro. :OhYou I really appreciate that you wanted to get in on this place with me; it's been lots of fun having you around to see all the forum shenanigans!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do we seriously have a five-way tie right now? :lol

Well, I guess I'll break the tie by giving my vote to StardustSoldier. As I mentioned in my vote for him for the LBT Discussion Award, I like reading his reviews of every LBT movie and TV episode. It's been quite a while since we last had anyone ambitious enough to cover that much content, so I find it nice to see someone new provide their perspective.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
This was certainly a tough call to make! In the end, however, I am going to vote for jassy. It's only as of fairly recently that we've gotten to know each other better, but it's been a great pleasure all the same. She's been a very nice presence in both the Gang of Five and Legion of Ducky servers, and she has a great sense of humour. Having cool art to show off has also been a plus. :yes Lastly, she was there on multiple occasions to offer comforting and encouraging words when I was going through some very rough times earlier this year, which meant a lot to me.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
It has been a difficult decision as their are so many blokes worthy of this award however this year my vote goes to Sovereign, he has been a fun bloke on GoF and LoD servers, not to mention he still reviews stories and has helped proofread some of my work. So I will cast my vote for him this year.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Do we seriously have a five-way tie right now? :lol
Six-way tie for runner-up now, haha. :ducky

Appreciated Award for this year is very tricky, because for the most part the vast majority of people that are eligible this time are underdogs who I know on a personal basis and I think deserves recognition. I had to mull this over and narrow my choices down intensely, and after much consideration, my vote will be for jassy. I really enjoy her soft and unique art style, and as a person she has been a great energetic friend who has really helped to balance my more muted, overly intuitive, and concerned personality with a more effervescent disposition.
:feelsgoodman
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
My vote goes to Sovereign. He has always been a helpful member of our community. As I mentioned in my award voting post, he is great at feedback and always willing to critique other’s work in a way that will help them get even better. He has been an appreciated contributor to discussions in the past about the deleted scenes of The Land Before Time, and we had a good talk a month and a half ago about them (back when I had contacted LBT screenwriter Stu Krieger). So he is my choice for this award.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Tough choice... But I would like to give my vote to StardustSoldier. For general activity, posting in various types of topics, feedbacks, reviews, and friendness!  :Tickles
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Gonna go with my man Sovereign, one of my first friends in these forums. He's constant constructive criticism for my art really helped a lot and ofc course our game sessions have been top-notch :P . Also, how can I not appreciate our constant shitposting? hehe

Anyway that's my vote for this award  :ChomperImAwesome

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I'll give my vote to The Lone Dragon. He's a very fun person to chat with whenever I get the chance, and his presence really lifts me at times. :)petrie
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would like to vote for Jassy. She has contributed to the fanart section for a couple years now and is always a friendly face, either on the forum or on discord.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
This was not an easy decision. I took some time to consider my options, but even then it was still difficult. In the end, though, I will have to go with StardustSoldier. He has been an uplifting presence for me lately and I wholeheartedly appreciate him. He's also very fun and engaging person to talk to. Honorable mention for my boy, Sovereign. :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
My vote for the Appreciated Member award goes to StardustSoldier.
 :Mo :Mo :Mo :Mo :Mo :Mo :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Mu-u-u-d Brothers Forever! ^^ <3

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Friendly reminder from random user:

Tomorrow is last voting day! (according to first post)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ducky_25

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I am going to vote for jassy

She has been friendly and her fanart amd the colors look so wonderful in most of them

Good luck
 yep, yep, yep.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After careful consideration, I wish to cast my vote for StardustSoldier.  In terms of constructive feedback and friendliness I have no doubt of their worthiness of this award.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.