The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask a Question of Me

Caustizer · 128 · 12826

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I decided to split the gang up for a few reasons, but the main one was that keeping them together would produce a group of such size that the individual characters would inevitably get very few lines (as in real life, the few dominant personalities would end up speaking for the others).

I guess I can summerize them as follows:

1) Offers more Plot oppertunities as well as exploring more of the world that otherwise would never be seen (like the Feral Forest, the Abyss Lake, etc).  It also allows for the two groups to have wildly different interactions both with the main and secondary villians as well as the good guys.

2) Ensures all characters get the 'screen' time they should get, while allowing space for new and interesting characters to be added and developed.

3) Allows for a 'break' from a certain storyline in favour of another.

4) Allows for multiple villians and cases of villiany.  For instance, did you notice that there was a big switch in the story where the villian that terrorizes one group gets taken down by the other?

5) Gives you a different impression of the same character from two different groups in some cases (ie with Glide and Star).

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
How goes the writing of the next chapter of Far Away Home? (I ask not to imply impatience but to assure you of my continued interest. :))

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Recently I've actually written a small offshoot story for Sky, since he is feeling kind of down these days.  Its a non cannon story about Sky and his son, but I don't want to post it until its done because its so short.  If you want me to send what I have to you just ask!

The next chapter of Far Away Home is about one third done... my new job is quite physical and leaves me tired when I come home so I don't get in the mood to work on it as often as I used to.  I'm glad your still interested, and that you've been patient to allow me to answer this question.

Caustizer :angel

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, Caustizer. :wave Are you still planning to write "Journey Into Blacksun" and/or continue working on "Ruby in the Jungle"? I'm still up for reviewing them if you are.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Aug 30 2012 on  05:56 AM
Hey, Caustizer. :wave Are you still planning to write "Journey Into Blacksun" and/or continue working on "Ruby in the Jungle"? I'm still up for reviewing them if you are.
Regrettably I will not be finishing the story Ruby in the Jungle.  It's been too long since I last wrote any Far Away Home material and it's off my creative radar due to lack of inspiration.

Blacksun, however, is still up in the air.  I can say that IF I do choose to write it, it will be shorter then FAW (like around 15 to 20 chapters maximum) and it will involve the gang of seven as adults as well as their kids - which is a type of story that not all LBT fans like.

If I decide to write it, the prologue will be up by Sky's birthday (November 22nd I think) at the latest.

Thank you for your maintained interest in my work Pangaea :angel.  If you are so inclined, my latest story is up to 8 chapters and is currently posted on my deviantart page: http://caustizer.deviantart.com/

Caustizer.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not the most original of questions, but…

How are you doing, buddy? :) It's been a while since I've seen you on the forum.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry for taking so long to answer, I don't pass through this site as often anymore as I used to.

I'm currently doing some fan fiction work for another artist in the MLP sector, and that's chugging along fairly nicely.  Journey into Blacksun has a great beginning and a great ending but I'm at a loss for the inbetween, and without any new LBT material coming out ever I'm finding it difficult to discover the inspiration to keep it moving.

Far Away Home took a long time to write, and I'm not so sure I want to do it again with another equally long story about the same characters.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that. :(

Well, feel free to contact me if you'd like help coming up with ideas.