The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF Awards 2011 Rules, Voter List, Award Drafts

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
If possible, I would like to not participate in this year's voting on the GOF.

I have missed months of happenings here and I feel I cannot fairly judge in practically any of the categories, minus the RP one. Other then that, I really don't know what else has been going on here.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or not, but I just feel that I can't fairly vote for anyone this year.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Just a thought: Would it be possible for the first post of this thread to be updated to include the definitions of the different award categories? It would be helpful for the newer members who are voting for the first time this year, and even some of the more senior members such as myself find it useful to be reminded of the criteria for the awards.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Indeed! Not only a possibility but a lapse that these definitions haven't been posted yet. I have edited the posts containing the award drafts to include the definionsn.
Thank you Pangaea :yes

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Man there are a lot of rules. :confused Most of it is common sense crap, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people made a mistake while voting.  Oh and for the record, no I did not make the member awards this year or any year before this.  My time for sitting down and making LBT projects is extremely limited (or more accurately, non-existent).  I'll make the time if it's requested of me, but unlike most of the other stuff on GOF before they were redone, the member awards were and remain to be more than adequate.  I could technically "improve" on them and make them more web 2.0ish but I don't feel the need to.  For not having Photoshop, Malte does an amazing job on them.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 1 2011 on  05:30 PM
Everybody, please keep in mind that there are only about 24 hours left to cast your votes. 39 GOF members (out of about 118 members qualified to vote) declared their intention to vote in the 2011 award votes in the respective thread in the rock circle.
So far 21 GOF members did participate in the vote.
I made this same observation, and it got me thinking: would the turnout be higher if more time were alloted for voting (e.g., three weeks instead of two)? Granted, such an extension probably wouldn't see a huge increase in people voting, since threads tend to be most active at the beginningóhalf of the members who have voted so far posted within the first 48 hours of the voting periodóbut it would give people more time to notice that the voting is taking place (I think it may be possible that some of the less regular members are simply unaware that it is award voting time). Of course, advertising the voting on the main forum page would probably be even more effective at alerting members to said event, though I can imagine that some members of the GOF staff might have issues with this.

In any case, I'm guessing it's too late to implement extra time for this year's voting (let alone advertise it). Perhaps admins could PM members who said they would vote, to remind them that the voting is almost over in case they still wanted to participate?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.