The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Google's Latest Logo

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice logo, with the 11 doctors on there.  Guess the war doctor doesn't count.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Haha, I loved it! I've sent it to everybody... The little pixelated style is wonderful, and the game was a lot of fun :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The game was very enjoyable and I felt that the logo was a fitting tribute to the Doctor.  I agree with Kor though, it is a shame that they left out the War Doctor.  I guess even though the 10th and 11th Doctors resolved their difficulties with him, google is less forgiving.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess they left him out since he's maybe not an official doctor.  I guess he's not an official doctor.  Though not in the same category as the guy who portrayed the doctor on that bbci flash that was briefly the official 9th doctor.

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 23 2013 on  11:36 PM
I guess they left him out since he's maybe not an official doctor.  I guess he's not an official doctor.  Though not in the same category as the guy who portrayed the doctor on that bbci flash that was briefly the official 9th doctor.
you mean Doctor Who??

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, specifically the War Doctor: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/War_Doctor
& the person who briefly was the official 9th doctor before the new series started and he was made non canon by the BBC.  That some call the Shalka doctor.  

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ninth_Doctor_...f_the_Shalka%29

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another neat Google logo today: a crossword puzzle (today is the 100th anniversary of the first ever crossword puzzle)

Out of 78 words, I've so far been able to figure out only about a dozen of them. I don't want to lose progress, so I'll be leaving that window open on my laptop until I've completely solved it (or I simply give up).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I got I think 10 or 12.  Not very smart since doing well at crossword puzzles takes a very intelligent person.  not surprised since I never do well at crossword puzzles.  Though i do like to do them occasionally.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry, I failed to count the numbers that were both across and down, so there's actually 88 words on this crossword puzzle. Right now, I've managed to get nearly half of them. Not bad, but the ones left to go are really tricky. I'll keep trying, though. :)

Edit (12/22): I have now gotten 50 words. Having so many letters filled in for many of the ones I've yet to get should make it a little easier, but I seriously doubt I'll be getting much more. Heck, some words are missing only one letter, and I still can't figure them out. Though you have to admit, for someone who doesn't do crossword puzzles very often, I've done pretty good so far.

Edit (12/23): Managed to figure out one of the big words, which allowed me to get a few smaller ones as well. I'm now up to 59 out of 88. My brother says he had solved the whole thing, thanks to Google searches, but I won't do that; it feels like cheating, to me.

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We've got a Rubik Cube you can try to solve!

Good luck! :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I had to resign :lol Cool idea though!
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I tried for a while, but quit since I could only get it to turn like I wanted maybe 50% of the time.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Today is St. Patrick's Day and the Google Logo has become shamrocks.  3 play instruments, 2 dance and the little one on the end claps along.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, Google has now made a change to their original logo and gave it a new look.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/google-update.html

What do you all think?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
That "G" thing looks awfully bad... it's like Chrome all over again (oh, the nightmares).

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to agree with what everyone else has said thus far, the new logo looks awfully bland.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
According to the video in that blog, this is the first time Google has made a really significant change to its logo since 1999, so I'd say its understandable that not everyone is going to appreciate such a major change to something that has stayed mostly the same for 16 years. Personally, all I can say is that it doesn't seem all that bad to me. It'll take some time getting used to it, but overall, not bad.

- Berix

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I like it, I mean it's simple, it looks nice.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I can't say like or dislike Google's new logo. There's just nothing to like or dislike about it. As others have said, it's pretty bland and it doesn't have the same identity that the old one had.