The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26103

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
PokÈmon Trainer - ...... WHY? Why not just have a pokÈball like the other games, and have EACH of these... I guess I'm judging too early, this may be revolutionary
Those were my thoughts when i saw the Pokemon Trainer too. Its kinda cool though, being able to switch between 3 pokemon, also Charizard is in there and hes my favorite pokemon, even though i don't play or collect them anymore.

Zero Suit Samus - has a sword
I believe that on the old smashbros site they stated that it was a whip, but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Tails' argument Translation:

The characters with swords are very popular and effective, but I don't like them that much, so I'll just say they're overused.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
not really, they truly are overused here, if I added in my local views to this chart there'd be about 30 Marths, 16 Links, a Young Link, a Jigglypuff, and a Falco...

and Zero Suit Samus, it was an aesthetic note, if it's a whip then I take it back XD

I personally wouldn't call them overused if there was ONE character I know of that wasn't in possession of a sword, who has a near-monopoly on the area, I would have thought there'd be more people to use Samus, but since there aren't, I can't level it...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Something you should know, Tails155.

Peach is confirmed to be in it due to her showing in a recent trailer.  Mediknight is confirmed from another trailer.  Ness is confirmed due to the Franklin Badge coming forth.  All of the last stated ones just don't have their final look done yet. :)

Kirby is still #1 choice for me.  Go Kirby! :^.^:

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Yes! finally someone who agrees with me that Kirby is the #1  little creampuff you can fight with! ^_^  :DD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
not really, they truly are overused here, if I added in my local views to this chart there'd be about 30 Marths, 16 Links, a Young Link, a Jigglypuff, and a Falco...
Who cares? You, personally, aren't that crazy about them, so you just take out your frustration on their popularity on us! We can't help that all of Link's moves are so effective!

and Zero Suit Samus, it was an aesthetic note, if it's a whip then I take it back XD
Take it back, anyway.

I personally wouldn't call them overused if there was ONE character I know of that wasn't in possession of a sword, who has a near-monopoly on the area, I would have thought there'd be more people to use Samus, but since there aren't, I can't level it...
Um, Mario. Just about everyone loves playing as Mario. And who cares if players like characters who use swords? It doesn't impact you. The games sell, and you have the SSB games to play. Period. Stop bitching over things you don't understand.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
dude! I'm not dueling, and to me it's important, so if it's complaining, it's complaining, a statement is a statement if you don't agree, then don't I'll continue to think and say what I think and say, I won't "take it somewhere else" as it were, because this is the proper section for it, there's nothing wrong with liking an overused character... it's just an overused character, I don't know anyone locally who uses Mario for much other than to not play the same character 200 times in a row, and usually that's if that's what the random deals them...

there's nothing wrong with swords either, I think they're nice decoration for rooms, however it's just a trend, all the characters with swords are highly used, don't get mad at me because I say that, I'm not getting mad at you because it's true!

and if you'll notice, the only actual 'negative' comment I made is I'm tired of seeing Marth used so much, I didn't say any of them were crappy characters or anything along that line, I just said they're overused

And don't attack ME just because I am bothered by it, and I do understand, it's not only the looks that make someone choose a character, however, they play an initial role, do they not? However, not everyone goes for aesthetics either I'd imagine and to those people, congratulations on overcoming subconscious discrimination! The moveset is just as important, it's why certain characters are unpopular, and I know this, as stated by someone else, their favorite character's moveset is bad, so they don't use them, I'm not saying DON'T use them, I'm saying they are used, in my opinion, too much

There are roughly 15250 different possible character combinations between 2 and 4 players, and I don't enjoy seeing the same 15-20 matches over and over

on the above note, by no means am I saying I choose a different character all the time either, it's my fault just as much

the only thing that truly annoys me all the time is items being off all the time, I am fine with shutting off certain ones for a couple matches, or even all for a couple, but people complaining that items are "unfair" really irritates me, how can they be unfair? they're available to everyone, and they can cause the same advantage and problem with each player! that's my only true angry rant.

Everyone has different preferences, just because I take the time to voice mine does NOT mean that I am bad, you can voice yours too, it's your choice, if you say "Pichu sucks" that's your opinion if you say "I hate items" that's your preference, if you say "Marth is underused" that's your opinion; just as much, I can say "Marth is overused" and I have the freedom to do so, I'm not hurting you, I'm not calling you names, I'm not even directly targeting anyone! Just a digital image on a screen with a moveset that doesn't change, just like all the other video game characters ever, the only changes are between games

now, if YOU want to express your opinions about the game, go right ahead, no one is stopping you...

this got a lot longer than I originally intended, sorry for the reading :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
dude! I'm not dueling, and to me it's important, so if it's complaining, it's complaining, a statement is a statement if you don't agree, then don't I'll continue to think and say what I think and say, I won't "take it somewhere else" as it were, because this is the proper section for it, there's nothing wrong with liking an overused character... it's just an overused character, I don't know anyone locally who uses Mario for much other than to not play the same character 200 times in a row, and usually that's if that's what the random deals them...
There is no such thing as an overused character in a game. Its not our fault that Link is a very powerful, effective, and virsatile chararacter.

there's nothing wrong with swords either, I think they're nice decoration for rooms, however it's just a trend, all the characters with swords are highly used, don't get mad at me because I say that, I'm not getting mad at you because it's true!
If swords were just a trend, then the fantasy genre would be in big trouble.

and if you'll notice, the only actual 'negative' comment I made is I'm tired of seeing Marth used so much, I didn't say any of them were crappy characters or anything along that line, I just said they're overused
No, you think they're overused because they are used a lot because they are very powerful, effective and cool characters.

And don't attack ME just because I am bothered by it, and I do understand, it's not only the looks that make someone choose a character, however, they play an initial role, do they not? However, not everyone goes for aesthetics either I'd imagine and to those people, congratulations on overcoming subconscious discrimination! The moveset is just as important, it's why certain characters are unpopular, and I know this, as stated by someone else, their favorite character's moveset is bad, so they don't use them, I'm not saying DON'T use them, I'm saying they are used, in my opinion, too much
I'm bothered that you are bothered by someone else's choice of playing style for a game.

There are roughly 15250 different possible character combinations between 2 and 4 players, and I don't enjoy seeing the same 15-20 matches over and over
Then watch something else.

on the above note, by no means am I saying I choose a different character all the time either, it's my fault just as much
Then don't be a hypocrite.

the only thing that truly annoys me all the time is items being off all the time, I am fine with shutting off certain ones for a couple matches, or even all for a couple, but people complaining that items are "unfair" really irritates me, how can they be unfair? they're available to everyone, and they can cause the same advantage and problem with each player! that's my only true angry rant.
Then bitch about that, instead.

Everyone has different preferences, just because I take the time to voice mine does NOT mean that I am bad, you can voice yours too, it's your choice, if you say "Pichu sucks" that's your opinion if you say "I hate items" that's your preference, if you say "Marth is underused" that's your opinion; just as much, I can say "Marth is overused" and I have the freedom to do so, I'm not hurting you, I'm not calling you names, I'm not even directly targeting anyone! Just a digital image on a screen with a moveset that doesn't change, just like all the other video game characters ever, the only changes are between games
Fine.

now, if YOU want to express your opinions about the game, go right ahead, no one is stopping you...
Iknow.

this got a lot longer than I originally intended, sorry for the reading
No problem.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
don't you DARE castigate me on my opinions, forums are a place to talk about your opinions, and sometimes problems, now I'll admit, I am whiny about this game, but it's no more my friends' fault than mine either, and I know that! however, it's not wrong to say what I've said, if you don't like my complaints, then don't read my posts! no sit down and shut up as it were, I have nothing more to complain about, so don't you worry your little head any longer

-by trend, which is poor word choice, I meant popular (chartwise, a trend is a pattern on a graph, so that's more what I was relating, I realize now that trend more easily means 'fad')

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You do realize neither of you are innocent in the fact you both provoke the other to respond in a less friendly manner.  You do realize this is a game.  I'd be pleased to see healthy debate on serious issues, but you're bickering over a game.  A fantasy.  A thing meant for fun, not another reason to start complaining and saying "don't you dare" or "bitch about that instead" to create anger and repercussion.

How ironic SSBM is a fighting game. :rolleyes:

You two need to cool it.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 15 2007 on  07:57 PM
How ironic SSBM is a fighting game. :rolleyes:
I thought the same thing when I read the first reply :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Peach's final look came through for Brawl, and she looks pretty darn good in her dress now. :^.^:

Peach holds the same tricks she did in Melee.  So not much else has changed. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So, who all would everyone like to see in a SSM game someday?

I'd list my choices, but I'd likely just provoke the complaints of the almighty tails.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Let's not fight anymore, okay? This is a thread about a fighting game, not a fight in this thread.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hmm...I would be happier if M2 was heavier so he wasn't so easy to kill. :p

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
In a real fight, Samus might be able to own Mewtwo, but Pikachu would have a lot of problems. As well as Mario, Fox, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, the Ice Climbers, Link....

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was more thinking along the lines of of characters you'd like to see apear.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was more thinking along the lines of of characters you'd like to see apear.

Without a doubt, Sonic. Ever since Snake was announced for the game it opened a window of opportunity. I think I heard that players in Japan were asked to vote on which character they would want to see in Brawl, and most people choose Sonic. I just hope Sega will let them use Sonic. I mean, Sonic and Mario are already going to be in a game together, so I think Sonic should get a spot in Brawl. Just imagine, Mario vs. Sonic.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd like to see Mario beat up Sonic with a "Mario hammer". If you don't know what one is, then you have no business calling yourself a Nintendo fan. :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Speaking of KingdomKeys, I'd kind of like to see Sora from the "Kingdom Hearts" games in a SSB game. Sora and Sonic vs. Mario and Link! The battle royale we've all been waiting for! Oh yeah, Sonic would be a great addition, especially with unlockable Tails and Knuckles!

While we're at it, Lloyd Irving from "Tales of Symphonia" would be a fun addition, too.