The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 59598

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
like her face.
:3

She's so funny grave here. :lol

(*rewatching process*
eight movies to LBT13 here)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Decided to post some art again... I need to upload what I draw and not keep it locked in my desk forever lol  :lol

sketch:

coloured:

This is not my original idea but a traditional recreation of a  digital painting made by sapphirre98. Credit goes to the original artist ;)

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out after lots of frustration  :lol Hope you like it!
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Nice to see you do art again. Also I like your new profile pic :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
No problem.  I should really start posting more art again myself

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, you should. Seen some stuff on your DA page :)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Incredible, I never knew you made this good art!?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Awesome! The expressions are spot-on, and the lines and coloring are very clean. I can tell that a lot of work went into this  :yes

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Mar 31 2016 on  12:05 AM
Yeah, you should. Seen some stuff on your DA page :)
Yeah been preoccupied with art of my OCs..

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Incredible, I never knew you made this good art!?
Well, now you know! Thank you very much!  :lol

Awesome! The expressions are spot-on, and the lines and coloring are very clean. I can tell that a lot of work went into this in-yes.gif
Thanks! It certainly was a lot of work and I'm glad it was worth it :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Are they reading my new fic or why do they look like that?  ^^spike

sketch:

coloured:

I'm really happy with the lineart here. I totally caught the right expressions I think, or didn't I? :p I'm also really happy with the new coloured pencils I was using for Spike (however, the lack of a really good scanner (I'm using my Samsung Galaxy 4 Mini to take pictures of my art currently <_< ) kinda screwed that up in the final result :p Apparently, I just used too much colour  :blink: Looks perfectly fine on paper though...)

So... what do you think? :p

Oh... and does anybody know what scene this is?  :lol

G-bot

• Ruby
    • View Profile
That's pretty darn impressive. Certainly better than anything I could ever do. I'm rubbish at drawing quadrupedal characters, so drawing alot of these characters would be way too frustrating for me. You did good though. ^^ No idea about the scene but I haven't seen the movies in years and I haven't seen ALL of them so yeah.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice! :) This is one of my favorite scenes in the later films due to the hilarious facial expressions.  Is this by any chance the scene in LBT XII where Petrie mentions that he is good flying by himself, but not so good with family?  Afterwards, Cera's says "Join the club" and the rest of the gang make these expressions.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, didn't realise I never properly responded to these replies, sorry about that :angel

That's pretty darn impressive. Certainly better than anything I could ever do. I'm rubbish at drawing quadrupedal characters, so drawing alot of these characters would be way too frustrating for me. You did good though. ^^ No idea about the scene but I haven't seen the movies in years and I haven't seen ALL of them so yeah.
Thanks a lot, glad you think so :exactly It IS frustrating very often to draw these guys but I mostly end up with results I can be more or less happy with so I upload them anyway :p

Very nice! smile.gif This is one of my favorite scenes in the later films due to the hilarious facial expressions. Is this by any chance the scene in LBT XII where Petrie mentions that he is good flying by himself, but not so good with family? Afterwards, Cera's says "Join the club" and the rest of the gang make these expressio
Thanks, I haven't seen LBT 12 in quite a while but I think it was that scene you mentioned :p

I'll have a new artwork up in probably a little more than an hour. Will be a multiple pictures upload and I'd like all of them to look pretty so... depends on how big of a jerk photobucket is going to be (it already didn't show me the progress while I was enhancing sharpness and ended up with a way too sharp picture of my lineart (EDIT: here it is :D) so I had to redo all the edits :p). Stay tuned, I guess ^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Without further ado, here's my newest artwork aka. one of at least half a dozen that are still lying around in my desk waiting to be shown to the world ^^

lineart:

coloured:

and since the picture is suffering from the rather small quality, I took shots of every single character for a close-range shot with better quality... tried to be as accurate as I could with the digital enhancements but still every character loooks a tad different, mostly because some characters can take a little more saturation, contrast etc. than others and still look good to me ^^

Littlefoot:

Cera:

Ducky:

Petrie:

Spike:

Chomper:

Ruby:

This one was fun to do. The first attempt quickly turned out to be too big (Cera in particular) so I just tried again after taking a few days off from this and then I got everything quite on spot. The only problem I had was getting Ducky, Petrie and Chomper right. I'm quite happy about the final result, the colouring also turned out to be really satisfying (I mostly used new coloured pencils which have a much better quality than my old ones). The occasional white spots can't really be avoided (I think I might be able to blame this on the structure of the paper but not sure about that one :p) but I'm still happy with it.
The digital editing with photobucket was also fun, only took like... 90 minutes? ^^

Anyway, I hope you like my new artwork, tell me what you think, please :) Also, there'll be a surprise VERY soon, keep your eyes on the fanart & fanfiction area of the GOF :yes

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow! That is one awesome picture, buddy!
I really love the look of all the dinos, especially Littlefoot, you made him look really adorable!

Looking forward to your next art piece!

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
Great job as always. Glad to see you doing fan art again.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks you two, glad you liked it  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Next one, the first ever scene from the original movie that I referenced here I think :)

sketch:

coloured:

Well, this one was definitely tough! :lol

The real problem for me was to work with a screenshot that was really blurry so I kinda had to guess a few features of both characters which I'm not so good at yet :p Turned out alright after a few attempts at the lineart though there's room for improvement I think ^^spike

Hope you like it, I'll try to push out more uploads this week, still got some stuff in store :)