The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 74450

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James along with the rest of the group rushed to Shelton's control room.

"Shelton! We're at the end of the hallway and I don't know if we have enough firepower; we have one bazooka." James said into the radio.

"Ok, this is going to be intense." the Clydesdale said, preparing to load a rocket into his bazooka.

James reloaded his shotgun. "Ok, gang ready?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
A pyro-missile rocketed down the hallway, colliding with the blast door. The door was wrenched out of the wall with a twisting screech of metal, and crashed to a grinding halt at the group's feet. The terrorist flame squad appeared in the doorway, guns blazing.

Shelton stumbled to his knees as bullets went whizzing all around him. He dived to the left, rolling underneath the control panel. Above him, another jet of flame char-blasted the radar and computers above him into a mess of sparking live wires.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Clydesdale fired first, he shot a rocket into the wall near the terrorists. The shrapnel and the explosion had its intended effect.

James also started shooting. He killed 3 terrorists and struck several more.

"SHELTON! ARE YOU OK?!" James shouted over the noise of battle.

The terrorists began to turn their attention to the rescue group.

James crouched behind the wall to reload, several bullets struck the wall just as he crouched behind it. "I have to get more ammo!" he shouted, "I only have 5 rounds left."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner fired off a clips and looked for more but couldn't find any "I'm out of ammo,' he yelled.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just then, two of the terrorists fell, deep slashes across their backs.  Kagetora stood behind them, blades unsheathed, and then lunged a third, kicking him to the ground before sheathing his right hand sword, drawing his submachine gun, and firing several rounds into his fallen foe before dodging a counterattack from the next foe.
"James, Shelton.  Are you alright?"
His voice crackled over the radios, as he ducked into cover behind another wall...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Fine," gasped Shelton. "Just fine!"

He crawled forward, choking on smoke as he hugged the wall, trying to avoid the live wires dancing behind him.

The smoke cleared for an instant, and he realized he was on the wrong side of the room: the others were firing from the far wall, and he was barely ten feet away from the terrorists!

He collapsed, and crossed himself for the first time in his life, when suddenly the window above him shattered, and a four-man squad of military troopers rappelled into the room. They instantly took up positions around Shelton.

"Come on, men!" yelled the leader, brandishing an Elite 1A. "Let's show these Tangos who's boss!"

(OOC: I'm intending this to be our military back-up; they only sent one team because Shelton didn't specify the nature of the emergency. But we can change this fact if need be. Serris, if you had other plans for the military back-up we can always just call for more.)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
werner noticed 2 PPK's that had been dropped he picked them up and charged the terrorist position screaming at the top of his lings firing the two PPk's.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James ran to the nearby guard shack. He noticed that the guard had been shot. He grabbed 20 shotgun shells from the safe and 3 30 round AK magazines from the same safe.

He reloaded and ran back to the control room. He handed the magazines to Werner.

"James! We got some soldiers here!" the Clydesdale shouted.

"Good!" James took cover behind the wall. "Give me your rifle!"

The Clydesdale handed the rifle over to James and accepted the shotgun. James then provided some fire support for the soldiers.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner threw down the pistols and grabbed the AK mags as he ran by james let off a burst before getting shot in the shoulder and both knees falling to the floor still firing off his Ak.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Werner! Are you all right!" the Clydesdale shouted over the gunfire. He shot three more terrorists; almost immediately after James shot two more terrorists.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner shot the last terrorist there before saying "I'm ok but it looks like I'll have to stay with shelton since I won't be walking fo a while,' werner said while cleaning his wounds.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
A soldier nudged Shelton in the ribs with his boot. "Hey, Newton, you can get up now."

Shelton frowned at him while getting to his feet. "Overjoyed." He peered out the busted window. "Who are you? Where's the rest of you?"

The commander answered the first question. "Cobalt Squad, from Carson City Camp. Sent to identify and aid in the eradication of an unknown disturbance."

Shelton gawked. "You're our back-up?!? They only sent four jarheads to stop a terrorist invasion?!?"

"Hey," the commander protested, "you sent us a probe droid with 'S.O.S.' on the side, how were we supposed to know what that meant?"

Shelton turned away in disgust. "Never mind." He cast his flashlight beam through the smoky control room, catching Werner in the beam. He stalked over to Werner, ripping off a portion of his lab coat to use as a tourniquet.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Werner. We'll have to leave you here with Shelton. Is that ok with you?" James said. He looked at the rest of the group. "So anyone ready for more adrenaline pumping shootouts?"

"Yeah. I guess the AWTR is our next target?" the Clydesdale said.

"Yep."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
'Yeah it's ok I better get some rest while I heal up,' werner said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton whistled slowly as he examined Werner's knees. "This is pretty extensive damage, and I don't have a first aid or anything. I'll do what I can to speed up the recovery process, but I'm not a medical doctor by trade." He looked up at Zanasiu. "If you come across any surviving medical personnel, send them up immediately. I'll need all the help I can get."

"Take this then," said one of the troopers, throwing Shelton a small pouch.

There was a clink of glass as Shelton caught it. "It's a start," said Shelton, examining the contents. "Still, getting some actual medics at some point would be great."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well as my father used to say to me when you don't know use the manuel,' werner said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You're being very trusting of someone who hasn't taken Athletic Training since high school," commented Shelton nervously, looking around the room. "Everything in this room has been demolished. I need a laptop before I can check the medical database."

"We'll get you one," said the military commander. He made a hand gesture, and the troopers exited out the far door.

----------------

Meanwhile, the terrorist commander stroked his beard, watching his men's progress in the main lobby. He checked his gel-screen PDA. It showed five of seven objectives greenlit.

An aide ran up to him. "Sir, the Pelvanida's military back-up has arrived. No more resistance will be coming from outside."

The commander smiled. "Good, then we can move on with Phase Two of the Master Plan."

(OOC: Serris? Do you have some sort of plan with the terrorists, or is it okay that I add this substory in?)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hans walked up to the terrorist commander and said "Sir our foward unit failed to take the control room.'

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The commander scowled. "This won't be as easy as I thought. No matter. As long as we keep them out of this main lobby, away from the Einstein-Rosen Bridge, it's only a matter of time. Donitz, head down to the  hangar and oversee the transportation of the concave mirrors."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
'Yes sir,' hans said before walking off thinking to himself "it's only a matter of time before you will learn what happens to people who threaten my family,.