The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Cave of Many Voices

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I recall some Indians would do that with Buffallo at times.  Make them stampede or chasing them so they would run off a cliff.  I don't recall the details since I read that 25-30 years ago I think.

Also in this episode we see a few seconds of some Fast Biter kids playing.  I managed to get 2 screenshots of it.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I remember the first time I watched this episode. It was at my parent's house on vacation, and the window was open. When Ducky screamed, she set all the dogs in the neighborhood barking for like ten minutes. It was like that scene from 101 Dalmatians, and really funny.  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 13 2009 on  05:24 PM
I remember the first time I watched this episode. It was at my parent's house on vacation, and the window was open. When Ducky screamed, she set all the dogs in the neighborhood barking for like ten minutes. It was like that scene from 101 Dalmatians, and really funny.  :lol
Now, that is hilarious :lol  :lol!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After nearly 3 years since it aired, this episode has now been officially posted on Yahoo! Video as one FULL 23 Minute part by yours truly.

I'll be making a promotional video for it to be posted on YouTube later today.

I'll be continuing this for the other episodes every Sunday.

Here's the link:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6772825/17601137

Hope you enjoy it! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, the promotional video is now officially up.  Now you want to see it, right?

Alright, but I don't expect greatness with it.  I want you to watch it with an open mind so you can give the best review of it possible.  All I've done is just take some of the scenes and tried to explain the plot with them.

To be honest, it was rather simple. :P:

Okay, with that out of the way, here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blm9b6RCRUs

Enjoy!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alrighty, here's my take on this...

This episode is amongst those I'd definately want to rewatch one day :) This episode didn't have most of the typical flaws of the Tv-series in general. The plot was well structured and exciting. I won't talk about Ruby's sudden appearance out of nowhere (I was already thinking I confused the order of the episode). Redclaw and his companions seem to have some superpowers here but they're afraid of Ducky's squawking :lol

I guess they put much effort into the first few eps in order to get the interest of people but less into the last ones which might have been due to timing of course of due to lack of budget... who knows  :rolleyes:
Inactive, probably forever.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The nostalgia.

I haven't seen this episode since 2007.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I finally started watching the TV show today. :D

I wasn't too pleased with this first episode. :(

I'll admit that my expectations for the show weren't very high, but I was curious too. And I'm a completionist, so I knew I'd have to check it out eventually. I can say that it was entertaining, albeit pretty cheesy too. And the songs... ugh (although the background music was good, and I liked the main title theme). Maybe the series will start to grow on me as I get further in? Or else maybe some episodes are better than others. I guess I'll find out.

I already knew from the community that there wasn't any real reason given as to why Chomper is no longer with his parents, and now lives in the Great Valley under the care of Ruby. Still, since it is the first episode, I guess they felt they had to offer some sort of explanation, even if it's a throwaway line. But I really wish they'd given us more than just Ruby saying, "I promised your mom and dad I'd keep us safe from Red Claw."

Speaking of Red Claw, for such a light-hearted series, he has a pretty freaky design! Beyond that, though, I wasn't very impressed with him. He seems like just another generic Sharptooth antagonist, at least so far.

And speaking of Ruby, being the first episode, this makes it her debut to the franchise. Kinda awkward that she just appears out of nowhere and everyone already knows who she is. :!

I do like that we got to see Tria and Tricia again, even if briefly.

Well those are my thoughts for now. I'll report in again as I see the other episodes.

Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 13 2009 on 05:24 PM
I remember the first time I watched this episode. It was at my parent's house on vacation, and the window was open. When Ducky screamed, she set all the dogs in the neighborhood barking for like ten minutes. It was like that scene from 101 Dalmatians, and really funny.
:DD
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 04:31:44 PM by StardustSoldier »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I just saw this episode, and I can't stop thinking about Chomper's tantrum at the start! :smile It  is just so ridiculously hilarious! I loved Ruby's face after Chomper destroyed the cave. It just screamed, "What did you expect?" It's the same face @RainbowFaceProtege would give me after I did something like this  :PAli
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I just saw this episode, and I can't stop thinking about Chomper's tantrum at the start! :smile It  is just so ridiculously hilarious! I loved Ruby's face after Chomper destroyed the cave. It just screamed, "What did you expect?" It's the same face @RainbowFaceProtege would give me after I did something like this  :PAli

^This is true. :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Chomper’s ire makes him powerful. Soon he will give in and become the Sharplord we all expect him to be! :D

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

^This is true. :p

Hmm, so are the two of you like Chomper and Ruby then? :P

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Occasionally, yes. We can be quite like Chomper and Ruby. Other times, we can be like Spike and Ducky.
Go Chomper!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I am like Littlefoot, Petrie and Horned Aharptooth combined. :D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Occasionally, yes. We can be quite like Chomper and Ruby. Other times, we can be like Spike and Ducky.
Chomper and Ruby for the most part, you're not a Spike so much as a Chomper. :OhYou

:lol I don't wanna be there when the Horned Sharptooth comes out in you. :whatdidyousay :rhett_ohno

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Chomper and Ruby for the most part, you're not a Spike so much as a Chomper. :OhYou

:lol I don't wanna be there when the Horned Sharptooth comes out in you. :whatdidyousay :rhett_ohno

Its a side of me I try to reserve for eejes. ;)
You need not worry. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Watched the episode again today. My opinion of it hasn't changed much for the most part, although I do have a few new thoughts. :yes

You know, the first time I watched this episode, I thought that "Adventuring" was a song created exclusively for the TV series, despite having seen LBT 10 prior. It wasn't until a few months after I saw the episode, when we had a Discord live stream of LBT 10, did I come to realize that "Adventuring" originated from there instead, and the version in the episode is simply a reprise. :p Seems that my memory was a little faulty on that one. :p

I complained before about Ruby’s rather abrupt introduction to the series. Although this time around, I did notice that they show her quirky way of speaking right with her very first line. I like the way they established that, at least. :) ("That sky water, Chomper, it just keeps coming down until it doesn't.")

Chomper: "I gotta make it stop!!" *proceeds to smash open the stalactites*

Oh Chomper. What would we do without you?
:facepalm

Her expression was pretty funny, gotta admit. :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 10:10:15 PM by StardustSoldier »

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Joining the informal rewatch crew, and, gotta say, the one thing I mainly took away from the episode is the fact that Domeheads are 100% leaf-eaters in this universe. Could well be a retcon and the ones in the first movie might still be some kind of predator, but I like to think they were just being territorial and defensive there. Also, there's some apparent leaf-eaters in the episode that look very much like Redlcaw's raptors, just smaller, like the group that Redclaw and co chase away from a watering hole. Some kind of gallimimus or similar? Who knows.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the informal rewatch crew! We are happy to have you aboard. :)