The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I am so jealous of my parents.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My parents will be leaving in a few weeks.  Though I am glad that my parents will be gone for a week, I am quite jealous of where they're going for their vaction.

My parents will be going to California and enjoying Disneyland, Sea World and Universial Studios without me.  The only main reasons I can't go is because there's no room left in the condo they rented and there's no seats left availible on the plane.

They did promise to make it up for me by having the whole family go next summer, but I really wanted to go.  I could've especially gotten information from the writers of LBT themselves.  I would've especially talked to them about the much anticipated "The Wisdom of Friends" and cleared up a few things, but also talk to them about the issue of how CN is treating the LBT TV Series.  I'm sure they'd listen to THE fan that's been keeping track from the very beginning.

Still, I'm quite jealous of my parents and wish I was going.  I bet you guys are too. :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just once, I'd like to go to some places like those. :(

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
You're parents aren't taking you?? That's terrible parenting, my parents would always take me anywhere, if they could only take two it would always be me and one of them, they'd never do such a thing.  :blink:

Sorry, but you should have a talk with your parents about that.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sometimes two parents may need a few days just for themselves too. I don't know any details, but don't forget that pokeplayer is 24 years old already. It is not like they were leaving a dependent kid at home. Some people don't live with their parents at that age anymore.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's not really bad parenting, NewOrder.  There are times that parents need a vacation of their own from their jobs, housework and kids.  Besides, they really did want to take us, but there's just too much going on for my brother to miss one week of school, and on top of that, they really need the vacation.  I can tell they're getting quite stressed out.

They need the vacation for their sake, so it's not really a bad thing.  Still, I am quite jealous of them.  Besides, they will be bringing back suvioneers.<sp?>  So, when they said Universal Studios, I did point out that Universal does LBT, and that's all they needed to know to know what to get me. ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's not really bad parenting, NewOrder. There are times that parents need a vacation of their own from their jobs, housework and kids.
Sometimes two parents may need a few days just for themselves too.

Yeah I agree. Parents sometimes need alone time, away from the kids, away from home.

One time mom and dad left for a few days to go to New Jersey. It was for a special occasion. It was their anniversary. And this was just a couple years ago. My siblings and I were old enough to take care of ourselves while they were gone.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Sorry dude, thought you were younger, my bad

Yes, of course parents need a little time on their own, my parents had a second honeymoon a couple of years ago just by themselves, as for family vacation I always tag along, but I'm still 19, so it's not that weird.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I wouldn't have an issue if my parents needed some time to be alone and went somewhere without me.  I can book my own trip to WDW (if time ever permitted). :p :D

nabil r

Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 10 2007 on  12:59 PM
My parents will be leaving in a few weeks.  Though I am glad that my parents will be gone for a week, I am quite jealous of where they're going for their vaction.

My parents will be going to California and enjoying Disneyland, Sea World and Universial Studios without me.  The only main reasons I can't go is because there's no room left in the condo they rented and there's no seats left availible on the plane.

They did promise to make it up for me by having the whole family go next summer, but I really wanted to go.  I could've especially gotten information from the writers of LBT themselves.  I would've especially talked to them about the much anticipated "The Wisdom of Friends" and cleared up a few things, but also talk to them about the issue of how CN is treating the LBT TV Series.  I'm sure they'd listen to THE fan that's been keeping track from the very beginning.

Still, I'm quite jealous of my parents and wish I was going.  I bet you guys are too. :)
 my parents take me and my brothers sister i am  not jealous of my parents i agree with DarkHououmon Malte279 parents need some time alone away from kids  home  :yes

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
well, I agree with that what some here said. Parents sometimes need time for semselves. My parents were away the last weekend and next year in the summer holidays they are traveling by ship to the canary islands. Well, I am a bit sad because of that, cause I love the canaries. But for the balance, we travel nearly all holidays to a nother country.^^

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: nabil r,Dec 22 2007 on  11:11 AM
my parents take me and my brothers sister i am  not jealous of my parents
You scenario involves you parents taking you with them, though. What if your scenario was like pokeplayer984's scenario where your parent's didn't take you? Would you be jealous, then?

nabil r

you right manny cav  i  be  jealous if my parents didnt talking me anywhere not even my brothers and sister :bang

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
He he he. Well truth be told, my parents have never took a vacation without me, either. The most they've done is leave to town without me, go to dinner without me, etc. Nothing more than a day-long affair at the very most.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe, to sorta get even you can do something fun that will make your parents jealous, then it would be equal.   :yes  :lol  :DD  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Didn't anyone go on vacation without the own parents?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Dec 23 2007 on  02:16 AM
Didn't anyone go on vacation without the own parents?
Uh... not me. :P:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Different backgrounds I suppose first time I toured for some hundred miles through Germany by myself with a backpack I was 12 years old, but I must admit that that "vacation" was only for three days.