The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Toys

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Growing up I never believed there was a chance that LBT toys were a thing. To learn about it now is kind of neat. :)littlefoot

They will probably be worth a lot since they are scarce.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Growing up I never believed there was a chance that LBT toys were a thing. To learn about it now is kind of neat. :)littlefoot

For some reason, they never seemed to promote them enough. By the time I found out about most of the toy lines, I was stuck looking around eBay. I don't even think the most recent toys from the TV series were ever sold in any stores I had around. But yes...there are toys! :^^spike

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

For some reason, they never seemed to promote them enough. By the time I found out about most of the toy lines, I was stuck looking around eBay. I don't even think the most recent toys from the TV series were ever sold in any stores I had around. But yes...there are toys! :^^spike

Same here, if I had seen Chomper in a department store, I would have nabbed him. :)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
On Amazon you can get the whole Gang of Seven from the TV Series:

@Gentle Sharptooth were these the only figures released from playmates? They didn't make a Spike and a Petrie in this line?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

@Gentle Sharptooth were these the only figures released from playmates? They didn't make a Spike and a Petrie in this line?

I’ll have to check and see if they had Ducky and Spike.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

They sure didn't. No Spike or Petrie toys were made for the TV series at all. :opetrie No action figures, no plushies, no movers in the board game...nothing. I found that awfully weird. What on earth did these toy manufactureres have against Spike and Petrie? Were they not popular enough or something?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
One of my hobbies is toy collecting and after this thread, I've decided to collect the Playmates 2007 TLBT action figure line. I've managed to track down Ducky, Cera and Ruby's set on eBay, but I'm having a hard time finding Littlefoot and Chomper.

Do any of you know where I could buy them? There are a couple on eBay but they're incomplete.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

They sure didn't. No Spike or Petrie toys were made for the TV series at all. :opetrie No action figures, no plushies, no movers in the board game...nothing. I found that awfully weird. What on earth did these toy manufactureres have against Spike and Petrie? Were they not popular enough or something?

Spike and Petrie seem to get the shaft! And Petrie is one of my favorite characters.  :opetrie

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
One of my hobbies is toy collecting and after this thread, I've decided to collect the Playmates 2007 TLBT action figure line. I've managed to track down Ducky, Cera and Ruby's set on eBay, but I'm having a hard time finding Littlefoot and Chomper.

Do any of you know where I could buy them? There are a couple on eBay but they're incomplete.

eBay is the only source I know of for these toys at this point. I never was able to get a complete set of figures, either (fellow toy collector here), so I had to settle on buying a pre-owned set that left out Cera and didn't include any of the accessories. (Too bad, I sure wish I had that Earthshake Mountain!)
Sorry, I wish these were easier to find, too. :lfsadface

Spike and Petrie seem to get the shaft! And Petrie is one of my favorite characters.  :opetrie
Same here! Petrie is such a fun character, how could they just leave him out? :(petrie I've paired the Wendy's Petrie figure that flaps his wings with my Playmates figures, because a Petrie-less Gang is not acceptable!

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason

eBay is the only source I know of for these toys at this point. I never was able to get a complete set of figures, either (fellow toy collector here), so I had to settle on buying a pre-owned set that left out Cera and didn't include any of the accessories. (Too bad, I sure wish I had that Earthshake Mountain!)

Same here! Petrie is such a fun character, how could they just leave him out? :(petrie I've paired the Wendy's Petrie figure that flaps his wings with my Playmates figures, because a Petrie-less Gang is not acceptable!

The Earthshake Mountain set is in stock at an italian store on eBay. It's a bit expensive but they have two and they're new. They're selling Cera as well.

I had an offer to purchase Littlefoot MIB on facebook, but they were asking €80 and the user was a bit shady.

If any of you guys are thinking about selling Chomper or Littlefoot let me know!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Earthshake Mountain set is in stock at an italian store on eBay. It's a bit expensive but they have two and they're new. They're selling Cera as well.

I had an offer to purchase Littlefoot MIB on facebook, but they were asking €80 and the user was a bit shady.

If any of you guys are thinking about selling Chomper or Littlefoot let me know!
Unfortunately, I'm not in Europe. Thanks for letting me know about those, anyway, though--it's the thought that counts. :)petrie

Yeah, if I were you, I'd be really wary of that Facebook offer (which it sounds like you already are).

I'm not planning on selling anything, but I doubt you'd want my figures, anyway. They were definitely in played-with condition from the previous owner, with dings in the paint and that kind of thing.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

If it seems shady it usually is. Stay away.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've used Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to search Playmates Toys website around 2007/08 to see if I could find more information about their Land Before Time Line.

Sadly, in 2007 they were still using flash so all information from that year is lost forever. However, in 2008 they started using regular HTML. Here's the information I found about at least three toys that I've never heard about:

Bring home all the fun and laughs with your prehistoric pals from The Land Before Time.

The Land Before Time series introduces the endearing young dinosaurs to a whole new generation.  Set in prehistoric times, the series follows the journeys of Littlefoot and his dinosaur pals who, together, experience wondrous adventures, encounter challenging obstacles, and learn memorable life lessons about trust, friendship, caring and sharing.

This Spring, get ready for more earth-shaking, high-flying adventures with amazing new action figures, bean bag plush characters and more!  Kids can create their own adventures at home with new Spike, Petrie and Chomper action figures:

Tail Thumpin' Spike
A strong, silent dinosaur, Spike has a big heart and is always eager to help his friends.  Push the button on Spike's back to make his tail swing and knock down tree fruit to reveal hidden surprises!

Flappin' Petrie
Fly around the Great Valley with the clumsy and endearing Petrie.
Squeeze Petrie's legs together and his wings will flap up and down while his head
nods in motion too.  Clip him to the tree log accessory and he'll flap while you roll the
log along.

Bug Catchin' Chomper
The sweetest T-Rex around, Chomper proves that a
Sharptooth can be friends with the leaf-eaters'.  Watch him show-off his bug-
catching skills in three simple steps.  Load a bug onto the leaf, squeeze Chomper's
legs together to flip it into the air and watch him open his mouth to catch the bug for
a yummy treat!

Pull Back Leaf Racer
Littlefoot will love racing through the Great Valley on a specially made Leaf Racer!
Place Littlefoot on the leaf, pull the vehicle back and watch him go!  Created for children
three and up, the Leaf Racer comes with a Littlefoot figure, works with all other basic
figures.

Bean Bag Plush
Playmates Toys completes their assortment of bean bag plush core characters with the
addition of Spike and Petrie.  Created for tiny tikes 18 months and over, each
squeezable 6-7" plush.

Large Plush
Brand new for Spring, Playmates Toys will also be offering a 12" Ducky plush.  Soft and
huggable, Ducky is a perfect pal for children 18 months and over.

Now, I know that Pull Back Leaf Racer Littlefoot existed, but where is Petrie and Spike? Were they canceled and never released or are they just hard to find?

You can check out the website for yourselves here

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that's quite a find. :olittlefoot I always had thought it was really strange that Spike and Petrie were absent from the Playmates Toys lineup, but now it looks like they were meant to eventually be part of it after all. Maybe they were cancelled because the TV show wasn't very popular?

I wish we had some pictures of what the Petrie toys were going to look like, because show-accurate Petrie toys have always been nonexistent and I'm curious as to whether Playmates would've done a better job on him.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Well, that's quite a find. :olittlefoot I always had thought it was really strange that Spike and Petrie were absent from the Playmates Toys lineup, but now it looks like they were meant to eventually be part of it after all. Maybe they were cancelled because the TV show wasn't very popular?

I wish we had some pictures of what the Petrie toys were going to look like, because show-accurate Petrie toys have always been nonexistent and I'm curious as to whether Playmates would've done a better job on him.

I've recently e-mailed them asking if these figures were ever released. Sadly they have yet to respond. It's been over two weeks so it's highly likely they'll never get back to me.

Would've loved to see at least prototype photos of these figures.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It took me over 6 months but I've finally managed to track down the full LBT Playmates line from 2007  :)littlefoot

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:52:34 AM by NewOrder »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Awesome! I think I remember seeing one of those in 2007 when the show was still on CN.  :FoobieOooooo Those definitely are collector items!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@NewOrder Wow, you actually own all these now? That's so cool! :Mo I have most of these figures, but I unfortunately don't have any of their accessories because I bought mine used (which is why they're sort of scuffed up, too).