The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion

rhombus · 481 · 126818

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol you guys and your spams. XD
I am surprised mods didn't block the thread... oh wait... :o

And great, I accept your weird insane mix of month prompt. ;) *goes to write it*

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Fyn16,Apr 1 2017 on  01:37 AM
Good morning, everyone! After much consideration, I’ve decided that this month’s prompt will be as follows:

Write a story in which one of the Gang of Five or an OC is killed, and the rest of the gang must deal with the loss.
I think I can do this one; it might be a little out of my comfort zone; but, it'll be a good challenge. The only other time I killed any of the Gang of Five is in a one-shot alternate story ending from the first movie during the final battle with Sharptooth. Hopefully I won't receive any negative comments for killing anyone's favorite member of the Gang of Five.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
lol, great run, guys, with the thing that's obviously not a big joke. :p

Also, the prompt sounds interesting, too. I might someday get to writing a prompt response.

...maybe one day. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 1 2017 on  11:24 AM
but really, what real prompt for this month is?
Just to clarify (now that the April Fools shenanigans are over) you may do either or both of the following prompts this month:

1) Write a story in which one of the Gang of Five or an OC is killed, and the rest of the gang must deal with the loss.

OR

2) Write a LBT crack fic. (for clarification: crack fic is a term for a story which takes a ridiculous premise as its starting point, which may either then be played straight or absurdly.)

(So, yes, if you decide to do both prompts you can have two entries this month)

Also, as Sovereign is the only person besides me or Fyn to post a response in March, Sovereign is the winner by default. Congratulations!  :) Just let us know when you have a topic in mind and we will do our best to make a prompt response based upon that. (and I will try to get the special prompt response I owe you from last month ready as well)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A well-earned win!  :D It's rather disappointing that I was the only one to compete (besides you two of course) but hopefully we'll see more participation this month. It could be a good idea to have two very different prompts to choose from. I, for one, will continue to take part. I already have some  ideas... In any case, I'll have the special prompt ready in a few days.  :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like the first prompt, however I'm not sure how to make this somewhat original. I mean... all ideas that come to my mind were used already... :lol

Plus, I'm not the kind of person who creates OC's just for a small short story... I'd probably try to develop a bigger story rather and fail to finish it in time :lol

Oh well, maybe I can think of something :p

Also, one question: When OC's may be the ones dieing, wouldn't it be okay to have any guest character be the one to receive teh death blow too? I think, in that case, I may have an idea already  ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 2 2017 on  07:26 AM
I like the first prompt, however I'm not sure how to make this somewhat original. I mean... all ideas that come to my mind were used already... :lol

Plus, I'm not the kind of person who creates OC's just for a small short story... I'd probably try to develop a bigger story rather and fail to finish it in time :lol

Oh well, maybe I can think of something :p

Also, one question: When OC's may be the ones dieing, wouldn't it be okay to have any guest character be the one to receive teh death blow too? I think, in that case, I may have an idea already  ^^spike
I believe a guest character would be fine, though I would advice PMing Fyn to get confirmation on that.  I think the important part of the first prompt is basically 1. someone dies and 2. the gang has to deal with the aftermath.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, I maaaaay have an idea that combines the two prompts. I'm still trying to come up with a solid plot. I'll probably decide within the next few days whether I'll write it or not :p

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess any these your romantic ships in LBT are crack fics? XD

but srsl, I have a problem with crack fic definition.
Is it based on pure humor or on pure absurd?
Is i something like we write on caption pic topics?
Is it serious story but universe's laws got broken?

For example... Does popular Seven Hunters story fit with crack fic definition?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A crack fic can be based upon humor or it can be played seriously.  The only requirement is that it begins with an absurd premise - like someone growing a second head; or the Great Valley holding a talent contest; or the Great Valley actually being a sitcom; or the Gang of Five going forward in time and it resulting in the world freaking out - or anything like that.  Once an absurd premise has been set it can either be played for laughs or be played seriously despite the absurd premise.

For example... Does popular Seven Hunters story fit with crack fic definition?

I suppose it could, though so much of my story was played straight with that one exception that most people would not consider it a crack fic.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Reading old posts can be inspiring at times *smirk*

I may be able to respond to both prompts this month, started working on the first now and I'll decide whether to do the second one based on how this goes :p

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Good [subjective time of day] everyone!

I'd like to announce on behalf of Rhombus and myself that we'll be extending the April prompt challenge to the end of May, the reason being that most of us are caught up in school or work this time of the year. Hopefully the extension will allow everyone who wishes to a chance to participate. If nothing else, it'll allow all of us to catch up on our reading.

I would also personally like to offer my apologies for not reading or writing as often as usual this month. With finals, it's been tough, and while I love to read, write, and participate on the forums, schoolwork comes first. Once May 8th has passed (my last final date), you can count on me being around more frequently. Until then, though, I need to crack down on my finals.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and I look forward to seeing both the entries we have, and the ones to come! As always, your participation is valued! Until next time,

-Fyn

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really wanted to get back into writing today to finish my entry but I was pestered by mosquitos all night. I'm too tired to think straight today  :bang

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
don't hurt yourself. Even if you don't fit in time - better to see good completed result than unfinished or weak work. ;)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Exactly just take your time on theses there's no rush on getting these out. We can Wait as long as we need until they're finished. Looking forward to seeing the stuff you guys post.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is nobody else participating? It'd be sad if I win again by default.  :(

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I should have a story up by the end of the night, but it is a shame that participation seems to be down lately.  I wonder how much final exams have contributed to the downturn in writing.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I would say a lot in my case :lol
But the semester is over, and I did not fail anything, so I am thinking about maybe starting to write again. (Might even clean up January's entry and re-visit february's prompt... I had a funny idea for that one :p )

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome hopefully you'll post that soon and take your time on those things