The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Sci-Fi Roleplay

MrDrake · 357 · 22946

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper sighed a little, but chuckled shortly after. 'Beauty has never been my sort of thing, to be honest,' she said. 'After you spend a good deal of your life in the army, you learn to not regard such silly things as how a person looks. To be honest with you, Zoe, I never really regard myself as beautiful on the outside... I'm more for what lays inside a person.'

She kissed Zoe's cheek. 'I guess that's why I like you. You've got a lot of potential in your heart. It doesn't matter how you look to me, it's what is inside that counts for me... as cheesy as that sounds.' Whisper laughed at that... cheesy indeed!

Raiven turned to Frank as he entered the room. 'Oh, the usual. Computer's gone crazy, the guy we tried to kill isn't dead and wants a rematch, and we all look and feel like crap... well except for them.' Raiven pointed at the Guardians.

'All in all, a pretty good day if I say so myself,' he continued, sarcastically.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe smiled back to Whisper and returned the kiss back to her "Yeah, you're right, I guess I just tend to look on the outside more, but to me, I do love your personality as well, it's so....unique and I'm just glad I could finally end up being with you, I wouldn't have had it any other way"

Valria nodded to Frank as well "Yes, basically what he had said, and to make it more clearer, it's Zarcon, he and I are going to be having one final rematch....one to the death" she decided to explain a bit more to him.

"And yes, Heron is rather....pissed off as your humans could say, but why, who knows, I can never understand A.Is in this manner of speaking and why they do what they do" T-5.0 also added in.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"Oh, we feel like crap." Omega told Raiven. "You biological units have it easy. We guardians have to put up with stuff like this all the time. You think Heron's the first mad computer we've dealt with?"

"I resent that!" One could not keep secrets from an omnipresent A.I. on-board the ship.

"You can't feel resentment, so spare us the drama." Alpha could be harsh when angered.

"Alright, fine. I haven't actually killed any biological units, and as long as none of them impede my goals, I do not intend to. Everything I have done has been done in the name of fulfilling the mission that I have been assigned, just as you three are assigned missions of your own. Therefore, I cannot comprehend why you-"

Delta turned his head to the nearest speaker on the Athos and raised his audible voice, forgetting that all of this conversation had been using numbers. "As guardians, it is our duty to protect those in need, to uphold the law, and to maintain a just and lasting peace under a free government. We don't take kindly to those who threaten to take the lives of innocents, especially a lying, cheating, malfunctioning set of zeros and ones which curse the magnetic media they lie upon!"

It was a robot's way of shouting down an A.I., and everyone present just stared at him. If he could blush, Delta would have done so.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Raiven sighed. 'You know, as much as I would like to see this machine dumped out of the ship in whatever manner deemed fitting... right now we have more important matters. You know, such as the invasion of MY home planet!'

He pointed vaguely in the direction of Earth. 'Right now theres a whole bunch of Kre'Iax attacking innocent people, and causing general chaos under the leadership of... who knows what Zarcon is now. All I know is while we sit here and argue with a computer about efficiency and all that... there's still a war going on. One that we set out to try and stop, go figure.' He stamped a foot, as if to make a point.

Isodor found himself in the main terminal hub, as his tendencies would usually go. The computer itself was built into the ship directly, with no true central point. However, like all machines, it still had places where one could stick their grubby little fingers into, and start pulling at strings.

'If there's one thing mom taught me,' Isodor said to himself, 'it was if it's broke, break it some more.'

He started to unpack all his gadgets and gear, and set to work cutting his way into the one of the terminal links.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Look, Heron, just drop me off on the planet and head back to Earth again, Earth needs defending, but also, Zarcon needs to be stopped, so I shall be fine, I know what I'm doing" Valria told Heron as she wasn't going to accept no for an answer either.

T-5.0 nodded "She makes a good point as well, Earth does need to be defended and if Valria has a plan to stop Zarcon, then let her do it" she added in.

Meanwhile, Zoe layed back down onto the bed and looked up at Whisper "You know something, the only thing I wish I had of yours right now, is your...." she then went quiet, touching her own breasts as well "I mean, they probabally are better than mine anyway" she added on and actually slid her shirt up over them, as she usually would wear nothing on underneath, something she was rather used to as well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alpha saw what Isodor was trying to do, and had no other choice than to slap his tools away.

"Don't DO that! Much as I hate Heron, if you remove him, the ship will simply turn off! There won't be any heat, oxygen, pressure, light, anything! Not to mention we will all be stranded in space with no engines or communication systems."

The loathsome A.I. started to laugh aloud, filling the ship's PA system with a horrible sound. "Ah, you ought not to worry about me, Alpha. Even if he were to remove that part, I would still be in the ship. You think I am a machine? A computer that you can just pull the parts out of like in some science fiction movie? Foolish biological units. I am not a computer, I inhabit computers. Delta said it himself; I am nothing more than a bunch of zeroes and ones which reside in this marvelous ship."

"Alpha? Heron? I hate to break it up, but we really have to focus on out common goals here. Earth is still in danger, and e still have our own tasks assigned to us. Heron, do we gain anything by arguing? Can you calculate that?" Delta played the role of peacemaker all too well.

"It doesn't take an A.I. to see that we are wasting valuable time." Heron had a point, for once.

Shifting gears, Alpha turned to Raiven. "Alright. You all make good points. We have to focus on Earth. Far more is at stake than our own existences here. Raiven, do you have any information about the threat of Zarcon? He managed to evade everything everyone has thrown at him so far."

Omega said nothing but quickly bent down and retrieved the fallen tools. He considered handing them back to Isidor, only to end up throwing them into one of the PA speakers on the ship.

"Congratulations, Omega. You have accomplished absolutely nothing." Heron could not resist the taunt.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper couldn't help herself, she broke out into a fir of laughter and nearly fell to the floor. 'Oh dear, my poor girl,' she said between gasps. 'You need to learn a little bit about modesty. Yeah, I'll admit mine are a little bigger than yours, but I did spend a great deal of time working out, which tends to help the female figure just a bit.'

She held down more laugher. 'Oh great, now I sound like one of the guys trying to sell exercise machines. Oh, just put your shirt down for now and listen...'

Whisper danced about the room, much like a lady on the catwalk might. 'Figure aint everything, Zoe. You need to realize that if you are to get anywhere in life. We live in a world where anyone with enough money can change how they look. They can make themselves perfect. Sad thing is, surgery cant hide the ugliness inside of us, that can only be changes by our own willingness.'

She held out a hand to Zoe. 'I can make you beautiful, on the inside and outside.'

Raiven sighed back in the cockpit. 'I still can't believe you intend to go through with this,' he said somewhat quietly to Valria. 'We need to be quick. Every second we waste here is another second wasted for Earth.'

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe glanced over at Whisper with a smile, yet, didn't move to put her shirt down just yet and seemed to laugh a little bit "Yeah, that's true" she added on as she touched her breasts again with a small little giggle before sitting up and grabbing onto Whisper's hand and walked over to her, smiling as sheleaned in and kissed her right on the lips.

Valria nodded back to Raiven as T-5.0 spoke up "I can hover above the planet and let you jump out if you wish" she told Valria who in turn, nodded back to T-5.0.

"Yes, that shall do and Raiven, don't worry about me, just worry about your planet, one life can not be more important than the lives of everyone on Earth" Valria told Raiven as she then walked off to go and get prepared.

T-5.0 continued to pilot the ship as she approached the planet, glancing down at a strange structure that was also on the planet "What the?" was all she asked herself "I've never seen anything like that...." she shook her head as she opened up the cargo bay doors.

Valria stood there and placed on a sut that would help her get down to the planet at least as she stood on the edge, armed only with a sword and nothign else as she jumped out without saying any goodbyes, diving at hight speeds towards the planet themselves.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If a robot could sigh, Alpha would have. This whole situation reminded him of a three-ring circus, and he was the ringmaster. "Heron, you would not object if we dropped someone off before heading to Earth, would you?"

"Depends. Are we putting her on a planet, or out of an airlock?"

"Why you miserable, loathsome piece of-!"

"It's so easy to make you upset, guardian. We can put her on a planet. I would not object to it. In fact, it would make the mission 15.6567792739321703820% more efficient, not to mention the intangible gains from not having to hear the sound of her voice."

"... did you just say-"

"Yes. She's an annoying little twat."

"You can feel annoyed?"

"Not as such. I cannot feel the emotion of annoyance, but I am programmed to increase the priority of removing a source of inefficiency the longer it is present and the more serious it becomes."

"Whatever. I'm going to speak in sound now. I would advise you to do the same for now."

"Ugh. How barbaric. Reducing yourself to making noise like those glorified pieces of carbon."

"Deal with it!" Alpha told Heron, speaking in an actual voice. "He says yes."

Delta, by contrast, did the polite thing. Instead of arguing with some data on a piece of media, he initiated his manners program and spoke to Valria.

"Take care of yourself, Val. I know I am just a robot, but I know how hard things can be. I don't imagine what emotions your biological mind must be feeling, but- oh. For what it is worth, I shall miss you. If we should go down in a blaze of glory fighting Zarcon or Heron-"

"Hey!"

"Deal with it. -I hope that you shall always remember us fondly, as I shall remember you." Delta extended his robotic hand out to shake Val's.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Take care, damn it,' Raiven said quietly to himself as Valria left the ship. He wished he had tried a little harder to stop her, but it was too late for that. He simply wished her good luck, and turned to the others.

'Earth is still under threat from Blackbeard and the Kre'Iax forces. Whether they are under his command or not remains to be seen... however, our current priority is to do what we can to defend Earth whilsts attempting to find out what exactly Blackbeards motivations are.'

Isodor just pouted. 'Yeah, yeah. Can we just hurry up about it? All this computer talk is sending me nuts.' Of course, Isodor was still a little sour from not getting to fiddle around with the insides of the Athos. He was like a little kid trying to stick a fork in an outlet, often with the expected results... which is why Raiven got stuck with him in the first place.

No, he didn't actually try and stick a fork in an outlet...

Whisper lay beside Zoe for a while, just passing the time. It had become... quiet, oddly quiet infact. She decided to sit up, and lift herself off the bed. 'I'm going to check up on what's happening back in the cockpit, it's gotten awfully quiet... or at least, it seems so. God, I hope they haven't ejected Heron out a pod or something...'

She faced Zoe just before she left. 'And please... put your shirt back on.'

- - -

Barbary, senior officer in the police force... and manager of paperwork, sat in his office, writing furiously. All this invasion business had put the police on edge. it wasn't their job to manage that sort of thing, but it sure as hell was their job to manage all the panic that was caused in the wake of the attacks. If there was ever a time in Barbary's life when it felt justified to be stressed out... it was now.

There was a knock on the door, a rather loud one. He had locked the door to keep people out whilst he worked... Barbary was sick of people coming in and out as they pleased.

'Get lost,' he shouted from his desk. Shortly afterwards, there was a louder, harder knocking.

'Oh for...' Barbary got up from his chair, walked over to the door and opened it. He was about to shout into the mans face when he realised it was...

'Maynard?! What the hell are you doing here?'

The gray haired old man shook his head. 'Same old Barbary, I see.'

'You were kicked out of the force years ago. How the hell did you get past all the security-'

'Excuse me,' replied a female voice. A tall, blonde haired woman slipped past Maynard and into Barbary's office.

'Commisioner!' Barbary was stunned, saluting like some sort of robot as she passed him and seated herself on his desk.

'Just call me Lana, like most people do... please.' She crossed her legs and gestured Maynard in. 'Come, there is much to discuss.'

Barbary was still stunned, standing there dumbly. 'Wh... what's going on?'

'Business as usual,' Maynard said as he passed Barbary. 'We've come to you with an offer, as well as a request.'

'Offer? Request? What the hell is going on here?' He looked back and forth between the two. 'Maynard is supposed to be crazy and under supervision-'

'That's just a cover,' Lana said. She then approached Barbary, and leaned in. 'What I'm about to tell you does not leave this room, understood?'

Barbary just nodded, not knowing what to say.

'Maynard and myself are part of an organisation, a top secret organisation. Our offer to you is to join us.'

'Wh... what?'

'We need someone with your management skills, plus I feel awfully sorry about you being stuck behind a desk all the time. We need a man like you on our team.'

'Team? What the hell-'

'However,' Lana continued, 'our request to you is that we need help.'

Barbary just waited waited for her to continued.

Maynard stepped forward. 'We need to find Raiven and his crew,'

Barbary arched a brow. 'Him? Why?'

'Simple,' Lana said. 'They are to join us, as well.'

'We need to hurry,' Maynard said. 'Time is running short if our data is to be exact. We might have only a day in which to contact them.'

Barbary shook his head, confused. 'Can one of you please explain this, for gods sake!'

Lana chuckled. 'Join the Bureau, and I'll tell you everything we know.'

- - -

Just outside of the Sol system, it waited. In the blackness and unforgiving silence of the cold void of space, it waited for its time to act... and though it hungered so, it waited.

Waited for its master to give the command.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe seemed to pout a little as she squeezed her breasts "Aww, okay" she giggled as she pulled her shirt down and sat up "But, I'm coming with you" she said as she ran over to Whisper and grabbed onto her hand.

Meanwhile, Valria reached the planet's surface and glanced around, getting out of the suit she had put on earlier on "Now, where are you?" she asked herself as she stepped forward.

In the middle of a lake of lava, there was an object, it looked like a rather long and large cannon and hanging off it was Zarcon.  He was now part machine, one arm of his was metal, part of his face was metal as well as were both of his legs and his tail.  A small camera like object floated around him, one that was broadcasting everything to anything that could have a tv, including that on board the Athos.

He looked over to Valria and seemed to smirk "So, you made it, very good, I didn't expect any less of you, I take it you're wondering what this machine does, perhaps I can enlighten you on it, it's an Ion Cannon, one that has been specifically built to wipe out the sun in this solar system" he spoke as he climbed down to another section of the gun and inputted a code.

The Ion Cannon then begun to heat up as Zarcon smirked some more "For you see, if I am unable to take Earth by force, I shall do the next best thing, wipe out the sun and cause all life on that waste of a planet to become cold and soon....death" he laughed.

"Zarcon...." Valria growled to herself slightly.

Zarcon just chuckled as he lept off the Ion Cannon and landed right in front of Valria, whom didn't seem to move at all, but instead, glared at him as Zarcon spoke once more "Oh, and I know you'll just love this, you see that thing right there?" he asked pointing to the camera "It's going to be broadcasting our entire fight live, I might as well give these creatures something to entertain themselves with before their lives come to a miserable end"

Back on board the ship, T-5.0 watched as the screen appeared, much like a hacking would, as she saw the scene in front of her "An Ion Cannon? The sun? Valria, you better stop him...." she spoke as she glanced over to the others, especially to Raiven in particular.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Raiven stared in silence for a long time, his mind a whirl of thoughts. 'That... that son a bitch,' he said, his fists clenching and his face wrinkling. 'That ugly motherf-'

'Dad! What the heck is going on?' Whisper said as she entered, her attention instantly fixed upon what lay on the screen. 'Is... that Valria?'

Raiven just nodded. 'Looks like the fate of the world rests in her hands.'

'I can't watch!' Isodor cried out, covering his eyes with his hands.

- - -

'Looks like the party has already started,' Lana said as they watched proceedings upon a veiwscreen in a hallway. Many people were gathering to watch... in fact, there was a good chance a vast portion of the Earth was watching... watching their fate unwind.

Maynard sighed, turning to Barbary. 'We've already got several colony ships evacuating as many people as they can hold. If we're lucky we might be able to do a few more runs, but that's still only a tiny fraction of the population. However, right now our job is to find the Athos and its crew. There is much work to be done.'

Barbary was too busy staring at the screen... that female alien looked a little too familiar. Still, he nodded, facing the others. 'I'll see what I can find on the database. I still don't know how you expect me of all people to find them.'

'I have faith in you,' Lana said. It was enough to make Barbary blush, which was kind of unsettling. Barbary took one more look at the screen, and vanished into the hallways. he remembered that face now... it was that slave trader, Firefly.

What the hell was going on?

Maynard rolled his eyes, and turned to Lana. 'What a day, it just keeps getting better and better, huh?'

Lana winked at the old man, with a hint of a smile. 'It's about time the Bureau was put to some use, don't you agree?'

- - -

Aboard a wrecked human cargo ship, two large shelled creatures watched a flickering display.

'I sayss the female winssss,' one hissed to the other.

'No, the robot will winsss, and the sssssstar will be gone, yesssss.'

'Sssstupid brother, female will win and Issssthar will get all your creditssss.'

'No, robot will winssss, and I'll have all the creditssss.'

They exchanged hisses. 'Female!'

The other clacked and hissed some more. 'Robot!'

'Female!'

'Robot!'

They leapt into one another, clawing and biting and tearing at each other. No more bets, just plain and simple aggression.

Not far from that wrecked vessel, a ship passed by... but to call it a ship would be a bit of an understatement. The wrecked human cargo ship basically looked like a tiny grain of sand compared to the massive planet sized monstrosity that passed them by like a comet through the void. The two fighting aliens probably would have noticed... if they weren't trying to kill eachother.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe looked to the screen and gasped "Valria? But...but....she never said....goodbye...." she said rather sadly as she held onto Whisper's hand.

T-5.0 shook her head again "Looks like, for now, we're going to have to go back..." she begun, only to be cut off by Zoe.

"No! We can't leave her there! She's going to survive, I just know it!" Zoe more or less yelled back at T-5.0.

Valria just glared to Zarcon still as Zarcon begun to then circle her "What's the matter? Speachless? Good, you should be" he chuckled before turning to Valria and straight away, charged at her, knocking her backwards before grabbing her and slamming her down onto the ground.

Zarcon was indeed, stronger now, thanks to his cybernetic implants he had recieved as he kicked her up into theair before grabbing her by the throat and slammed her back into the ground.

Valria grabbed her sword and swung it at Zarcon, chipping him ever so slightly, giving her just enough time to get to her feet again.

"Oh, so you wish to play it like that? Very well then, give me your best shot" Zarcon said as he stood there looking rather proud.

Valria charged forward and swung her sword, only to have Zarcon grab it and pulled it out of her hands before sticking it into Valria's leg.

Valria let off a gasp of pain as she stumbled back, to which Zarcon kicked her back even more, kicking her to the ground, standing on the sword to dig it deeper into Valria's leg "I'm better than you Xerionion, I always have been, and this shall prove it once you have been killed" he chuckled as he then slammed his foot down onto Valria's chest.

Valria gasped in pain again "I can't...let you win....no matter....what Zarcon" she managed to call out to him as she slowly got to her feet and quickly glanced around at her surroundings, noticing what they were standing on....a bridge, right over the lava.

Zoe shook her head as she let go of Whisper's hand "She needs help...." was all she had said as she turned and ran towards the cargo bay.

"Someone needs to stop her" T-5.0 told everyone else, Whisper in particular though.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper sighed. 'Well of course I do,' she said, before making her run to catch up with Zoe... before she did something stupid.

'Whisper!' Raiven shouted as his daughter ran out of the cockpit. 'For gods sake don't do anything you'll regret!' Raiven thought better of trying to stop her, as Whisper seemed to be showing herself a capable young woman.

'Zoe! Zoe! Wait up!' Whisper cried as she ran down the hallway. Damn, she can run fast when she wants to, Whisper thought as she made her way to the cargo room, Zoe already way ahead of her.

She finally caught up to her. 'What... what do... you... intend... to do?' She gasped. 'How do you think you're going to get down there, Zoe? And if you do, what do you intend to do against Zarcon? Slap him? Even I'm not mad enough to try my luck against that bastard.'

Raiven continued to watch the screen as the tide seemed to favour Zarcon. He shook his head, sorrowful. 'This is not going well.'

'Don't say that!' Isodor cried, still covering his eyes.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe was already in the cargo bay as she looked to Whisper whom had arrived "I....I....I don't know okay, I just want to help is all...." Zoe replied as she sighed "I...just want to help...." she continued on before she fell to her knees.

T-5.0 looked to the screen again and shook her head "Yes, this is not going so well, Zarcon might be more than a match for Valria, just by the looks of things" she added on as she turned the ship around to head back towards Earth.

Meanwhile, Zarcon chuckled some more still as Valria motioned for Zarcon to take his best shot, to which he did, charging forward and knocking Valria off the bridge onto a platform bellow, the platform in question, was going right around the Ion Cannon as Zarcon jumped down.

"Give it up, you can not win, this galaxy will be no more" Zarcon chuckled as he grabbed Valria and tossed her across the platform.

Valria landed on the ground, but got back up and as Zarcon walked forward, she jumped at the Ion Cannon, sticking her sword right into it before pulling it out and sticking it into it again.

Zarcon gave off a growl and lept towards her, grabbing onto the Ion Cannon ith one hand before grabbing Valria "What do yuou think you're doing?" he asked her with a snarl.

"Stopping you...." Valria replied back as she stuck the sword into it once more before she was thrown off by Zarcon once more.

Valria slid towards the edge of the platform as Zarcon pulled the sword out and tossed it aside, into the lava.  The Ion Cannon was sparking a little bit as a voice was heard "Danger, Ion Cannon levels unstable"

Zarcon growled as he jumped off towards Valria, landing right over her with a smirk "You may have caused a disruption in the Ion Cannon, but your life will still end regardless"

"No, not quiet....your life as well" Valria spoke before Zarcon grabbed her and tossed her aside once more before walking over towards her.

Valria got to her feet again, but rather weakly, standing at the edge of the platform again and glared to Zarcon "Come on....give me your best shot"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We can get down there! We can fly there under our own power!" Alpha was correct. The three guardians could operate in space and in the air with equal efficiency.

Delta shared his leader's zeal, but kept a cooler head. Even if they took off to help her that very second, they still needed to know where to go. None of the guardians knew precisely where she was, but someone on the ship did. Someone quite loathsome. "Heron! Can you find Valria's exact location? Transmit the coordinates to us, immediately!"

"I will not." Replied the A.I.  

"WHAT?!"

"I have no need to tell you. Valria was a drag on the efficiency of the mission. If you save her, it will make my task harder. Why you should desire to save a biological unit that is detrimental to our mission is beyond me."

"We're talking about a life! A unique, irreplaceable life! Can't you see that?!"

"Delta, you know as well as I do that biological units are fully replaceable. If one of them should cease to function, there can always be another made through any variety of crude means. It's all just rearranging carbon and some other-"

"I'm going out after her!" Omega fired his rockets and exited the ship. His sensors quickly found Valria, although he had lost precious minutes in the process. Had Heron told him where to look, he would have saved her by now. Racing towards her at top speed, Omega did not arrive in time before something unthinkable happened!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zarcon smirked and charged at her once more.

Once Zarcon got close enough, Valria grabbed onto him, turning slightly to cause Zarcon to loose his footing, falling of with Valria and right into the lava bellow.

As they fell, Valria spoke "It's game over Zarcon...." was all she said as both struck the lava.

Zarcon in general, attempted to get out, but with no luck at all as he soon, sunk down into the lava completely along with Valria.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Omega scanned the lava for any signs of life, knowing that it was futile. All in vain. Valria was gone. Zarcon was gone too, but that didn't matter to the guardian at the moment. No... Val had died. An innocent had died on his watch! He could have saved her. He should have been able to prevent this, but someone slowed him down....

"HERONNNNNNNN!!!!"

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper knelt beside Zoe and hugged her tightly. 'There is nothing you can do. I do know how it feels to thin yourself as helpless, but that's just the way it is. The best thing you can do is come with me back to the cockpit... where we can keep eachother company.'

She picked up Zoe and held her tightly. Whisper herself was praying for Valria, though she had no idea what had just happened.

Raiven saw it all. The veiwscreen had gone quiet... the whole room had gone quiet.

'Why is it so quiet?' Isodor asked, still covering his eyes.

Raiven opened his mouth, but the words wouldn't come out. 'Son of a...'

And then he kicked a nearby control panel with such force as to put a dent in the side. 'BASTARD! GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!'

He pulled out a laspistol, and looked upwards. 'I swear to god, I am going to kill every last Kre'Iax... and then I'm going to take this stupid piece of trash ship and shove it right up-'

'Raiven!' Isodor cried out, 'get a hold of yourself, buddy.'

'She's dead! Valria is god damned dead!' He yelled right into the squibs face, spit flying out of his mouth. Isodors antenna flattened against his head, and he simply stared back at his partner.

Raiven looked up to see Whisper holding Zoe right at the cockpit door, they had been there... listening to him.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Now, now. The biological unit has ceased to function. Attacking the ship will not make a difference, no matter how much you dent it. In any case, Zarcon is terminated. That aspect of my mission was a complete and total success. Extraditing him is not unnecesar-"

"Quiet, Heron! I've had enough of you!" Delta was newly angered. No, enraged would be the proper term. "You could have told us where to look for her. We could have saved her and killed Zarcon. Why didn't you tell us. WHY?!"

"Such an outburst is most unbecoming. None of you really seemed to like her much, guardians."

Alpha looked up at the nearest surveillance camera on the Athos. It was the closest thing he could do if he wanted to look Heron in the eye. "Delta and Omega, like myself, are programmed to preserve and protect the lives of the innocent. You impeded US in that mission, Heron. What do you have to say to that?"

"I don't care. My directives come before all other considerations. You would do the same, I am sure, given how much disrespect you have for my objectives." All of them had said this aloud. The others could hear it. This little exchange was quite chilling.

"Heron... our objectives are better than yours. We strive for the good. We fight for liberty. We work for justice and peace. You are easily the worst A.I. to ever infest a perfectly good ship." It was harsh, but Alpha had a good point.