The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

WWLFD

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I kinda came up with this while talking about an issue with DH. It makes so much sense, that it's kinda funny =D

WWLFD "What Would Littlefoot Do?"

Kind of inspired by WWJD (What would Jesus Do?) which is also just as helpful, if your in that faith

So next time your faced with a problem... WWLFD

Think, what situations could you use this for?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why not what would Petrie do, or what would Captain Kirk do.  Though likely most do not know who Captain Kirk is since the series he is on is before your time.  He's a character on the original Star Trek Series from the 1960's.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sure most of us know who Captain Kirk is =D

most of us are nerds after all

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wasn't sure since it seems many have no idea of older stuff.  Like having no idea who some folks like Jack Kirby nor Stan Lee are.  Assumed it would be the same for Captain Kirk, and other "old" stuff like that.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quiet understandable

not all folks really take the time to admire the older stuff before their time

for example, children these days fail to understand how great LBT was, simply because they were either too young to emember or were born a few years later

meanwhile, children of the 80's (myself included) could totally respect the material of the 80's but not have complete knowledge of the 70's granted we got plenty of the reruns and I was always a fan of the classics (The Banana Splits, Dumbo's Circus, Scooby Doo, and several of the classic Hannah Barbera cartoons)

but let's not straytoo fa from the topic of this thread =)

What would Ducky Do?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It it's green eat it.  If it looks friendly talk to it.  If it looks scary scream and run from it.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Captain Picard > Captain Kirk IMO

Here's one: help anyone who hasn't tried/wouldn't try to kill you.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think either captain is better then the other, each has good and bad points.  strengths and weaknesses.

As for Littlefoot:

Trust your instincts, listen to others, though certain folks (like Cera) are often wrong listen to their ideas anyway,  they may have a better one then you do.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
So next time your faced with a problem... WWLFD

Think, what situations could you use this for?
There is one issue where I think it would be healthy for many people here in the GOF to think about WWLFD. A significant part of our community has a very negative view of other people. Many of you think that other people are bad and that you are victims of an "evil" tough society where only a very few secluded people may perhaps be sort of good...
I daresay this is not the kind of conduct Littlefoot would take. It is strange for me to sort of "admonish" others about something I seem to feel myself. I sort of have built some walls around me because I did make some negative experiences and don't expect much understanding for my whims. But with all the problems of society and mankind on a local (bullies at school), national (ever increasing prices to fill the pockets of a very small group of people while the majority has ever less to spend), or global (wars etc.) level I still maintain the conviction that most people are basically good! It is a pity that a small minority of egoistic, ruthless, violent people can have such an impact on society as a whole that people perceive that minority as a norm rather than the many people who will respond friendly when they are approached friendly.
I am quite sure that Littlefoot would share a more optimistic view of mankind rather than pitying himself for being the victim of such a vicious society. I am also convinced that if there are problems in society he would not go on lamenting about them but do what he can do to fix those problems.
Perhaps WWLFD is sometimes a useful question to ask; but Littlefoot (and this I think makes him easier for me to identify with) is not a faultless and perfect character, but certainly the kind of character many of us would like to deal with but which many of us (and I include myself here) may not be able to recognize when we met him in real live, not for him acting out of character, but for our own inability to let down guard / tear down the wall.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"m not smart enough to know what you are talking about so i"ll just say, good post.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think that this would be nice as a silly game (as I am sure AvestheForumFox originally intended it). However, I don't think it has any real useful applications, because, as Malte279 stated, Littlefoot, like the rest of us, isn't perfect. He's made some bad choices, as well. I think we should be careful on who we choose as our role models. In fact, I would say that we shouldn't try to fully imitate any one man's life or actions because of this sort of thing, even if there are some fine examples set by those predating (or perhaps even otherwise) us on this Earth. What would Jesus do, however, is a different subject altogether....

Anyway, is this supposed to be a game of some sort that we're supposed to play?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Silly games can be fun to play, nothing wrong with them, even if some folks do think there is there isn't.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
How about what would Littlefoot do if he saw a billfold on the ground with a thousand dollars in it?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think this is a good example as Littlefoot wouldn't even know what money is. Also there is little chance of any of us ever getting into that situation. I guess there are situations we are more likely to face; situations which wouldn't be as unlikely as Littefoot finding big bucks.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's a perfectly fine example, in my opinion, because it seems to me that the question is related more to modern-day issues than those in the Great Valley, and the entire idea is just plain silly. :P: It's not anything serious, Malte279 (unless AvestheForumFox's cynical nature got the best of me and tripped me over). I think it's just supposed to be a light-hearted question. Did you noticed the use of the smiley and the word "funny" in the first post?

As for Littlefoot not knowing what money is, you could just substitute that for something that might be of equal or great value in the Great Valley, like a "pretty stone" or something that might cause one to keep it to his or herself rather than turn it over. You're not going to get very far if you don't think laterally or out of the box. :rolleyes:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's a perfectly fine example, in my opinion, because it seems to me that the question is related more to modern-day issues than those in the Great Valley, and the entire idea is just plain silly.
And is society and how to deal with other people not a modern-day issue? As a matter of fact I think more members of the GOF have been complaining about people around them or society as a whole than about any kind of moral conflict they may have to face when finding a wallet full of money.
It's not anything serious, Malte279 (unless AvestheForumFox's cynical nature got the best of me and tripped me over). I think it's just supposed to be a light-hearted question. Did you noticed the use of the smiley and the word "funny" in the first post?
I did notice it, but I also noticed that it was posted in the fridge rather than the party room. We have many threads about goofing around already, but in spite of the funny implication of the very saying WWLFD compared to WWJD I think there is room for some serious or at least half-serious thought as well.
As for Littlefoot not knowing what money is, you could just substitute that for something that might be of equal or great value in the Great Valley, like a "pretty stone" or something that might cause one to keep it to his or herself rather than turn it over.
Who would own that stone anyway if it was lying around in the Great Valley? Unlike money it is nothing artificially manufactured. Such a stone wouldn't necessarily belong to anyone. In one of the very few TV episodes I saw Tria had piled up some shining stones. If Littlefoot was aware that she lost one and then found that stone we might have a situation similar to that of the money.
But even in that case it wouldn't work out. If Littlefoot brought the stone back to Tria (which I am quite sure is what he would do) the stone would still shine as bright for him as it would for her. He wouldn't really loose anything. In case of the money it would mean that he would really give up on anything that he might buy for the money. Most of the actual "possessions" in LBT are either to be eaten very soon or of a sentimental value that exists only for one character (Littlefoot's first treestar).
But why should we try to drag the problems of our world too mundane to be applied there into the world of LBT when there are other problems which exist in our world just the way they exist in LBT?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seriously, it was just for a good chuckle XD

dont take it seriously, Malte, man

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Oh come on, we have many goof threads already in the party room. If there is some room for (half)-serious thinking, why discourage it?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have heard a hilarious parody of WWJD: WWSD? What would Sensei Do?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile