The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your Epic Failures

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We've all had these in games!  Come on, now!  Fess up to your Epic Failures!

For years, I could not figure out how to get past that gap in World 8-2 of Super Mario Bros.  I could never ever get past it!  So yes, I'm one of the few who has NEVER beaten Super Mario Bros.

Epic Fail of my life! :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm sure I messed up a lot in games. I know I did, but recalling one specific thing is not very easy for me. One thing I do recall is in Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense. I put in a cheat code to make the cars faster and I chose the fastest car in the game and went into the Utah level I believe (the one with the ski resort). Somehow, I did something that caused me to fling from one side of the level to the other and just kept bouncing back and forth. It wouldn't stop, at all. I had to restart the game.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, I wiped out in a particular way in a custom level that I kept spinning around the circle I was in, and thus the wipeout NEVER STOPPED. I had to reset.

Machine Slave

• Ruby
    • View Profile
One old game from my youth: Rainbow Dragon

I never got anywhere, and no one ever could tell me, how to get anywhere at all.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In Trackmania:Nations Forever, in the track editor I constructed a huge ramp, and when testing it out, put the pedal to the medal and pretty much ended up flying off the level, causing my car to fall down an endless void and had to restart.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I posted this a long time ago in its own thread. I was doing a speed run in Burnout Revenge and to get the gold medal in the run, I needed to make it to the finish line in 1 minute and 35 seconds or under. I made it in 1 minute, 35 seconds, and 1 millisecond. :slap

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
My epic fail? Any COD Multiplayer. I'm pretty much a running meatsack primed for the slaughter. But probably my best epic fail is on Black Ops. I've managed to catch my own grenade! I threw a grenade up thru a window to get a camper in a building but I ran into the building at the same time. The grenade sailed thru the window, missed the wall I tended it to hit, continued over out the other side and landed in my lap :lol  :oops Only I can perform such an failure of sheer epicness! :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not really sure about how "epic" the failures are which caused most of the scars I got. Tripping against the door of a telephonebox as a little kid (giving me a large scar on the forehead) probably doesn't qualify but pulling a metal door with a sharp edge open right against my head with such swing that it gave me a scar above one eye at age 17 probably does. Much of the other stuff was mostly down to "bad timing" for things that were not planned ;)

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
"The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe" for the PC. The controls are vaguely similar to Lego Star Wars, in that you use WASD to move, and can switch between multiple characters. However, in the game, you fight legions of INFINITELY RESPAWNING ENEMIES in level after level. I made it to Level 5 and couldn't get past it! There was this freaking great troll blocking the end, and you had to beat that by doing some absurd combination of getting one character to leap on the troll's head, then having someone else shoot it with arrows, and then probably something else with the result being a really low amount taken off the troll's life bar. And all the time, very strong infinite respawning enemies are swarming you. If you have another player helping you out, this game is easy, but otherwise, you'd best be skilled in the art of either fighting combos or "Random-Button-Mashing Fu".

I actually gave up on this game, but revisited it recently, and won it, with the aid of a cheat code in one or two levels. One level had you fleeing the Witch's forces. While one character attempted to break through the wall to the next level, you had to stop the attempts by the enemies to break through to you (you were timed, and if they got through you had to start again), who of course were located on the absolute edges of the gameplay. Worse, the whole time you were being attacked by enemies, some of which would attack the guy breaking the wall meaning you had to go rescue him and GAAAHHH IT JUST GOES ON AND ON!

The game does become easier when A: you get a sword and B: you learn the key combination for instant enemy kills.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
One of my epic fails was in Star Wars Episode I Racer, the first game I ever played. When I played it for the first time, I had no idea what I was doing, so I crashed into walls and even blew up due to overheated Pod engines. I also fell into chasms a few times.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In COD: Black Ops, I have now managed to kill myself...with my own attack dog.  It jumps the guy I'm flanking, he dies from my bullets, and the dog keeps going right over his corpse into my face.  I died instantly.  Then managed to respawn on top of a grenade I had thrown right before dying.