The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spirited Away

Nick22 · 410 · 43456

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kura and Shirigume met again on a low-level balcony overlooking the bathhouse interior.

"Anything?" Kura asked.

"I sent another pair of eyes to help search," the kitsune replied.  "I guess you haven't found him yet?"

"No...  But something puzzles me.  Have you ever gotten a whiff of humans since we got here?  Living humans?"

"I have...among others things...  It does seem weird for humans to be in the spirit world."

"Agreed...  But it's too soon to make a judgement call about that, until we learn more about this place..."

----------

Charlie gave a chuckle at the remark, and patted his gut, which at this time was a modest paunch.  "Thanks for the offer," he replied, "but I got a LONG way to go before I hit sumo-status."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Genta chuckled friendly. "C'mon, a few good buffets here, you could easily shove someone out of the ring. Though, if you ever got big enough, would you accept the offer?" he smiled.

Kovu and Nuka were making their way around the bathhouse, tending to their chores.

"Mother says I'm not attentive enough," Nuka pouted, "That's not true! Nothing gets past me!" As he spoke this, Desota went past him, and he completely missed it.

"So good," Tora smiled to Scoobi, "We never should stop coming here for the meals..."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zira's cubs awaited their next assignments.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Unlike Ko and Ri, Al wasn't told what his next duties were and he was struggling greatly on where to go from here. He went to his room and sat out on the balcony, gazing into the night sky.

“I wish this never happened, I wish my parents never died and I wish I never ended up here."

Then one of the stars, the easternmost one seemed to shine brightly and a wolf's howl could be heard in the distance. The room lit up slightly as what appeared to be a white wolf with red markings appeared in front of him.

Al gasped as he realized who he stood before.

Before his parents passed away, Al had a deep interest in the Japanese Shinto myths. One thing that caught his eye though, were the stories of the sun goddess, Amaterasu. Who once banished her brother, Susanoo, from the Celestial heavens after he had gone on a rampage and at one point she had saved the land of Nippon from darkness while in the form of a white wolf.

Now that same white wolf stood before Al.

“It can't be. Amaterasu-omikami?” he muttered.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
While Desoto and Roscoe were away, Not, the only other Inugami guard, remained staring off into the ocean horizon, when his ears began to twitch at a strange presence, an arrival of a unique power...

He calmly gets to his feet, and walks from the balcony inside...

----------

"Well, let's get back to the rooms," Kura continued.  "The others might be waiting for us now."

Shirigume nodded and started to follow the kirin, when she momentarily paused, a slight but weird feeling coming over her, but she continued on...

----------

"We'll see," Charlie replied.  "The others must be waiting on us..."

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The white wolf, Amaterasu, took a few steps closer to Al, who scrambled almost until his back was against the wall when suddenly the voice of the sun goddess emanated within his mind.

"You need not fear, young one" She said soothingly. This calmed Al a little and he began to approach the Shinto deity.

"I thought you were only a legend"

Amaterasu cocked her head to the side.

"My child, there is more to everything then just mere legends" she implied.

"Why are you here?"

"To help you find your way out of the spirit realm, it will be a long and difficult journey but I believe that you will come through" the sun goddess explained

Al was suddenly overtaken by a surge of determination at that moment.

"Maybe we both will, only time will tell I guess" was all he uttered.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tora and Koneko were finishing up their respective meals.

"You can't go wrong with this place," the fat cat chuckled.

"Yeah, let's go," Genta nodded to Charlie, "Kura and Shirgume are probably waiting for us."

Kovu rounded a bend, then saw the white wolf.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Zira's youngest cub asked, not seeing the human beside her

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Al almost jumped when Kovu spoke, while Amaterasu turned to the young lion cub.

"No, run along child" She said, her words echoing in Kovu's mind.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ok," Kovu nodded, "But are you sure you don't want to make use of one our baths?" he asked as he prepared to walk off.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Perhaps, I'll ponder you're offer" Amaterasu replied.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
vitani was overseeing the retiling of the roof. the wind blew threw her fur it felt cold at this height ' alright your frogs pick up the pace! she ordered
ko  was cleaning out the buffet room, sweeping food that was fallwn onto the floor into a container which would then be burned.. zira didn't want any food wasyede..  at least i'm not working on coal.. he said as he continued his work..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Wow, they eat quite a lot here," Ri said, helping Wildcat.

"Indeed," the chef grinned confidently, "I am the best chef in all of the spirit realm."

"Why thank you," Kovu bowed to Amaterasu

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Upon the roof, Not appears next to Zira, bowing to one knee.  "Mistress, a deity has arrived," he said in a low voice...

----------

When they returned to the floor where their rooms reside, Kura and Shirigume could see Charlie and Genta coming their way.

"You enjoyed yourselves?" the kitsune smirked.

"For the time being," Charlie replied with a smirk of his own.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I've been here before," Genta said, "So I know this place is always enjoyable," the tiger sumo chuckled.

He stretched a bit, then turned to his allies. "So what's our next move?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Which deity? Zira replied.. ' we'll have to set aside a beffett for him.. or her vitani! get inside ad gewt a food cooked for our new guest
 Yes mother.. " Get Ko and Ri to help you..
 Ko finished the room and gazed at the huge ppiles of food he had swept up..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Once Kovu was gone, Amaterasu turned her attention beck to Al.

"You should get going, child. You'll still have to work if you wish to go back to the mortal realm" she spoke.

Al stood up and nodded.

"I will, but will I ever see you again" he asked.

Amaterasu cocked her head again.

"My child, it is far too soon for us to part ways, I trust we will meet again".

Then, Al left his room to go rejoin Ko and Ri, leaving Amaterasu to watch over him as he performed his duties. She also sensed the presence of more than one Celestial being here. Looks like she wasn't alone here.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Is there any customer here who's not a big eater?" Ri asked.

"Very few, actually," Wildcat chuckled, preparing the dessert counter.

Kovu returned to his family's office. "I completed my afternoon tasks, mother," Kovu informed, "What can I do next?"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"We'll talk more inside," Kura replied, opening the door to allow the others inside...

----------

"The deity resides in the room where the human slaves reside..." Not replied, his eyes never raised...

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Genta and Charlie stepped inside the room their allies had got.

"Nice choice in room," the tiger sumo spirit complimented.

Ri was finished with her cleaning job in the kitchen. "Now I have to help the bears in the boiler room," she said.