The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is it that our only Australian dinosaur representative in the Land Before Time is so stupid?   :anger I am NOT happy about that! Also, how in the t.v series, it is shown that he can't swim either? Are you joking me!  :anger I personally don't know a singe home-grown Australian that is totally incompetent in their swimming ability.

But, yet again the movies and the t.v show were made by Americans...  :exactly  :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm sorry but, what?  Australian?  Are you talking about the accent of the voice actor that plays Mutt?  Never noticed that before.  Then again, I don't usually recognize accents.  Heck, half the time I don't even realize there IS an accent.  I deal with so many different types of people from all over the world.  A lot of Indians especially (people native to India, NOT Native American's).  Their accent is pretty recognizable.  But other than Indians and some Nigerians, I don't normally even realize there's an accent.

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Mar 18 2013 on  03:19 AM
I'm sorry but, what?  Australian?  Are you talking about the accent of the voice actor that plays Mutt?  Never noticed that before.  Then again, I don't usually recognize accents.  Heck, half the time I don't even realize there IS an accent.  I deal with so many different types of people from all over the world.  A lot of Indians especially (people native to India, NOT Native American's).  Their accent is pretty recognizable.  But other than Indians and some Nigerians, I don't normally even realize there's an accent.
No, not the actor, the dinosaur! Mutt is a Muttaburrasaurus. Go look it up landbeforetimelover.  :)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But on a (just slightly more) serious note, when selecting Hyp's, Nod's and Mutt's species, it really is as if numerous species names were written on pieces of paper, mixed inside a hat, and the species written on the first three papers that were pulled out were given the honour of appearing in the Time of the Great Giving.  :lol I'm not saying they were selected exactly that way, but it seems not much thought was given to the reasons of the selection.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dude, I didn't even realize he's an Aussie :blink:  :lol.  Seriously, I don't think there was an intentional link between his nationality and dumbing down his intelligence.