The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Topp's redeeming qualities

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
One of my fellow LBT users on this forum, whom I am good friends with,
talked about how much he hated Topps, or as he calls Topsy. That user is Dalekdino.
Now while I agree Topps is most often a jerk, he did have his better moments, such
as when he learned his lesson about raising Cera in the third movie.
I also have an idea- What if you could change Topps' character and make him
more likeable? I would make him more open-minded, and while still rather strict
in parenting, Topps would not mind Cera interacting with other dinosaurs if I were
to change him in the first movie.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To me he doesn't have any redeeming qualitys at all. He's got a big mouth makes rude remarks about everyone. So to me he's not that likable of a character at all.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I think Topsy is a pretty solid character; though, he has the tendency to be obnoxious at times. My theory on why he's so strict towards Cera is probably how he was raised by his own father and the fact that he just wants to protect Cera from any potential danger that may occur.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Well while this topic is for your thoughts about Topps' potential redeeming side, this
is also for you to express your thoughts on if you could change his character to be
more likeable and not prejudiced against other dinosaurs.
While I do acknowledge Topps can be obnoxious and that he's unlikeable to many, I feel
his character was not explored enough in the sequels, and that's partly why I started
this topic.
(Btw, good thought, Littlefoot fan 1990. I believe pretty much the same way about
Topps.)

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
Whatever his flaws, I do like Mr. Threehorn puts himself on the frontlines when battling sharpteeth and other conflicts. He doesn’t hesitate to risk his own hide for those he loves. After the first few movies, he’s pretty protective of the entire gang, not just Cera, no matter how much he disapproves or is annoyed by them. He also defends his fellow adults dinosaurs in times of fighting and danger.

I think it’s he might mellow out with age. Being exposed to a variety of people with different points of view could ease someone from the stereotypes they hold. Tria might help out with her easygoing manner giving him some perspective. The same could be said with Grandpa and Grandma Longneck with their calm and gentle reasoning. I could see him developing a closer friendship with the couple. Around the time they finally pass, he might feel he owed a debt to them to try to carry on their calm reasoning in valley meetings.

Of course, the last paragraph might be overly optimistic. He could as well be set in his ways as he ages. But I do think he could mellow at least a bit with time.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
He thinks he's better than everyone else but he's not he's just dumb and clueless about tons and stuff. Like putting his daughter in danger when there was a fire. He should have listened and went the way the rest of the herd did.