The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rage of the Sharpteeth + side-story

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks interesting Crazy Cat Lady (yes I remembered that  :lol) I am gonna have to read the whole story when it's posted.

Also Rage of the Sharpteeth was....EPICALNESS (thats my word),I love how you focus on the Grandparents basically,most stories just kill them off.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Damn you, Nana, you foild my escape! :angry:

Yeah, I so hate it when that happens <_<

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Especially when it in...the.very.first.chapter UGH,poor Grandparents they are like peoples play things to torture and kill.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
More like 'Their death is a plotdevice to start a story' >-<

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well to every person who kills off Grandma and Grandpa.

I hope they all step on a lego..

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope they get slammed into a carpet of Lego's... >:|

Wait, does this include sort-offish killing off Grandma/Grandpa? Cause then I just might have skrewed myself over here O-O

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Only the ows who really kill them off have to step on a lego.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Does that include me for killing off Grandpa Longneck in the very beginning of my fanfic?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes,but you only have to step on half a lego.

Yes,we are insane.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, that reminds me, Sleeping Force's Inside.

SPOILER WARNING! DON'T READ!!!

at the end of the third part of your story, which I don't think you posted yet, does Grandma and Grandpa Longneck let themselves die? Do they just leave the Valley forevor? I really don't get the ending of that story, or is it supposed to be so open-ended?

Anyway, I read your stories back when you put them up on FF.net, and I really liked them. I think I made a couple comments on it over ther, if you remember.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Spoiler Alert: It's supposed to be so open-ended ;)

And I think I remember your comments, I believe xD And if not, I'll just go check *shrug*

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now comes the chapter that will only be provided in link/summary form. If for whatever reason you are not able to handle blood/gore, please only read the summary I will hide down below. Do not follow the link in that case, there is a detailed description of Nastiness. Thank you.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8586156/2/Grief-of-a-Father

Summary: (Select to read) Rec and Tyra make easy work of the Threehorn and have nice nommy dinner. But as they return with flesh for White Star and the hatchlings, Rec notices something worrisome: there is a foul smell in the air that can only mean one thing: trouble. He rushes on ahead, Tyra following him a short distance away. She does not see his reaction, but she hears it: he roars in grief and fury like she has never heard him before. Something terrible has happened. By the time she arrives, he is long gone. The only thing left is the scent of blood, lots of it. She finds White Star... the other female has been killed by two Threehorns and a Clubtail, which Rec is not chasing. Wondering why her friend would take on such a formidable combination, she soon realizes something even worse has to have happened. She is right: the nest has been destroyed, eggs and hatchlings killed. White Star and her children are dead and Rec is gone on a near hopeless quest for vengeance.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A sad story but with a happy end :) It's not that cruel if you ask me... I guess even my fic has more cruel and violent moments and if you cannot read this don't read VV (Venatione Venatus). Dosu's story is more violent than this side story :)

Good Job Sleepy!
Inactive, probably forever.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What Happy End? Rec is about to die here!

Gotta love the ability to reuse names in stories ;)

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: 1
Copyright: © characters and places by United Pictures; © Plot and OC by me

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Tyra remained at the nest, hunting away any and all scavengers from her once friend. Rec did not return and she doubted he ever would. Considering there had been two threehorns and one clubtail, even he was severely outmatched.

The Bright Circle started itsë descent, painting the area in a warm red. Tyra abandoned White Star, knowing that she could do nothing for her. Branches broke beneath her massive feet, snapping soundly as she walked back to the destroyed nest one last time. Small fuzzies shot away as the massive Sharptooth interrupted their meal.

She bent down, looking at the half-eaten hatchlings. She sighed in grief, her breath rustling the few tree-stars littering the ground.

An eggshell broke beside her, a soft voice calling out in pure instinct. The massive female froze, slowly turning to the sound. Some low greens rustled.

She took a hesitant step, softly rumbling in answer.

The small voice called again, soon followed by a little hatchling falling on her face. Tyra leaned down as the little one looked up. Her tiny eyes widened, meeping at the sight of huge teeth in front of her.

“Hello, little one.” Tyra softly said. The small girl looked just like White Star had. “Welcome to this world.”

The pale-green hatchling tilted her head, jumping in fright as the older female opened her mouth. Tyra chuckled in the back of her throat as she licked the small hatchling with her rough tongue. It took the little one only a few moments to start enjoying the feel. She purred, leaning into the gesture.

But suddenly the hatchling froze, her eyes widening at something behind Tyra: her dead siblings…

Tyra wasted no time, gently scooping the little one up in her jaws. The territory was lost, she couldn’t protect two alone. Her priority was her own hunting-grounds.

White Star was dead and Rec had disappeared somewhere he was not likely to return from. But Tyra would not let their child suffer the fate of her siblings.

She only stopped walking at the dead threehorn in her territory, depositing her precious cargo in the ground beside it.

“I will name you White Star.” Tyra told the small female. “After your mother.”

White Star was too young to understand and her hatchling-mind had already forgotten what she had seen back there, even if it would haunt her once she was old enough to know what she had seen this day. All she knew at the moment was that the big Sharptooth was nice and that she was hungry.

She chirped, asking for food. Tyra turned to the dead threehorn and pulled a piece of it. She dropped it in front of the little hatchling, who immediately pulled a piece of it and happily munched away.

Tyra watched the hatchling, smiling warmly.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

It was a Cold Time after White Star Junior had hatched and her mother and siblings had been killed. She considered Tyra her mother and had yet to ask about her father.

Tyra had claimed as much of Rec’s territory as she dared, the rest had fallen to a newly arrived female. She adored the little hatchling, considering her her own child.
It was a day where Sky Water fell from the skies in torrents, drenching the lands. The two females had sought shelter in a cave near the mountains in Tyra’s domain, with little White Star snuggling up to the massive body of her ëmother’.

Tyra looked out into the falling water, half of her attention focused on the sleeping hatchling, the other on her hunting-grounds.

The pale-green hatchling nearly jumped onto the light-green grown-up when a terrible roar sounded in the valley where her mother had her hunting-grounds. Tyra rose, scarcely believing her ears.

“Hide yourself, don’t come out until I tell you.” She ordered the young sharptooth. White Star nodded, quickly running deeper into the cave.

Another roar sounded, this time from someone else: the female who had taken Rec’s territory for her own. She and the other Sharptooth were fighting.

Tyra walked through the Sky Water, leaving her own hunting-grounds to come to where the other two were battling. She slowed down, hiding herself behind some low trees and bushes, glancing through the leaves. Her blood-red eyes widened in shock: her ears had not deceived her.

Rec had returned.

He was fighting the female that had taken his territory, intend on winning it back. But the female had no desire to leave, considering it was one of the better ones in the area.

These battles were usually until one gave up, but Tyra just knew that this particular one would be to the death.

She probably shouldn’t do what she was about to do, but she never particularly liked the female anyway.

Hidden by the Sky Water and the bushes she crept around the battle, looking for an opportune moment to strike. She snarled softly while watching the battle and attacked.

Her jaw closed around the other female’s leg, crushing it between the rows of teeth. Rec shot forward, clamping down on the neck of his rival. She screamed in pain, the sound cut of when he broke her neck with a sharp movement.

“Welcome back.” Tyra greeted him, stepping over the female and softly nuzzling him. “Where were you?”

“Hunting them.” He answered, nuzzling her just as softly. “I am sorry I left like that, my friend.”

“Did you at least succeed?” She asked, her eyes looking him over.

“Mostly. The clubtail managed to escape. I wounded him, but he managed to get away. The threehorns are dead.” Rec told her.

“He is not the only one to escape.” His friend informed him. “One of your hatchlings survived. I have been raising her ever since.”

He froze, his red eyes widening as he realized what that meant.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Chapter: Epilogue
Copyright: © characters and places by United Pictures; © Plot and OC by me

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

“Where is she?” He demanded, recovering from his shock.

“A cave in my territory.” Tyra answered him. “We had sought shelter there from this storm.”

She led him from the scene, back into the part of the forest she ruled. They climbed up the incline in silence, emotions swirling in his red eyes as he stared straight ahead.

“I named her White Star.” Tyra eventually said. “After her mother.”

He froze briefly, before nodding.

“White Star.” Tyra called into the cave as she entered. “I am back, you can come out.”

The young hatchling shyly peeked around the boulders she had hidden herself behind, meeping in fright when she saw the massive silhouette behind her mother.

“It’s alright.” Tyra stepped up, gently nuzzling her. “Your father has come home, little one.”

She was as pale as her mother had been, Rec realized, and her eyes held that same lively sparkle. He watched as she crept forward, using the legs of Tyra as cover.

“Hello…” He breathed, lowering his head to her level.

Tyra gently nudged the small female closer to him.

White Star tilted her head a bit, before looking over her shoulder at her mother. Tyra merely nodded. The small female started to smile, stepping up and nuzzling him. He purred in the back of his throat, gently licking her with his rough tongue. Now she started to purr as well, her muscled tail swinging back and forth in her contentment.

She yawned, her little mouth opening wide at the move. She left him, walking up to her mother and curling up between the grown-up’s giant toes.

“She does that all the time.” Tyra fondly whispered.

“I didn’t see her when I found my nest.” Rec whispered back, looking from the young hatchling to the massive grown-up.

“Her egg got kicked out of the nest into some bushes.” Tyra told him. “She was fortunate I had not yet left when she hatched.”

“Yes, she was.” Rec looked up at her. “What will we do?”

“She thinks I am her mother.” Tyra answered him. “And I must admit – may White Star forgive me for this – I consider her my own daughter by now.” She looked away, ashamed with that admission.

“Perhaps we can raise her together?” Rec suggested. “I do not want to lose her again.”

Tyra looked up, smiling warmly. “Yes, yes, we can do that.”