The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Telltale's The Walking Dead

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I've been meaning to make this thread for a long time but I never got around to it.

Who here has played Telltale Game's The Walking Dead? I got it for the PS3 near the end of last year and man was it a fantastic game. If anyone tells you video games can't tell good stories, direct them to this little beauty.

Recently, Telltale has announced DLC for The Walking Dead titled 400 Days. It will be told from the perspectives of each of season two's main characters and, if the trailer is anything to go by, will end with them meeting at an abandoned gas station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHrRc7fkU9g

So my only question right now is when will the game take place? Some parts of the trailer seem to indicate that it takes place before and during the events of the first season, which makes me wonder if the new characters will meet up with Clementine and possibly the other survivors of season one?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've not played it but I've seen others play it. It was a great and emotional game, and that's something I won't often say about zombie invasion games ;) It made me tear up near the final part and am looking forward to part 2. Just to see the story with Clem continue.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Telltale's The Walking Dead is a ridiculously good game. It's pretty much the only game that's actually managed to make me tear up little (especially episodes 3 and 5  :cry).

I'm really looking forward to the 400 Days DLC. I think I read somewhere that Clementine won't feature in it which is a bit of a shame, but at least we can look forward to her in Season 2.

Each of the character's stories take place a fair time span apart from each other, so I'm not too sure if they'll all meet up at the end, but it definitely looks like the gas station will be a form of 'hub' for them. Bonnie's story looks so tense  :D

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Sounds scary to me. :blink:  :p  :DD  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've played a ton of zombie games and I was never scared.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 14 2013 on  06:42 PM
I've played a ton of zombie games and I was never scared.
Petrie85,you are not scared of the game: Telltale's The Walking Dead. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nah even tho I've never played it I'm sure I'd be fine.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 14 2013 on  06:59 PM
Nah even though I've never played it I'm sure I'd be fine.
Yeah, you will be fine. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
The Walking Dead isn't meant to be scary, exactly, it's more about the characters than the zombies. If you don't get a tear in your eyes at least once during it, you have no heart  :p

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: bushwacked,Jun 14 2013 on  07:33 PM
The Walking Dead isn't meant to be scary, exactly, it's more about the characters than the zombies. If you don't get a tear in your eyes at least once during it, you have no heart  :p
Yeah, I agree with that. :yes

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well call me heartless because I never cried when I saw a character die. If it was a animated character than yeah I'd shed a tear.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 14 2013 on  07:56 PM
Well call me heartless because I never cried when I saw a character die. If it was a animated character than yeah I'd shed a tear.
I fear that when characters die, you will shed a tear. :cry

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not for a live action character like in this video game. I get more chocked up when I see a animated character get hurt or die.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I love this game. It is tied with The Last of Us as my most emotionally draining gaming experience. I was emotionally defeated after episode 3.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
The Walking Dead 400 Days has just been released on the Playstation Network. Has anyone played it yet? And if so, without spoilers, how is it?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, how I wish I could play 400 Days, but I can't. For the 11th time since I have bought the game, my saves have been effed up. I'm really done playing the game over again. It was okay the first few times, but then it just got tedious. Technically, I can play 400 Days, but every time that "Generate choices for skipped episodes?" pops up, I get aggravated.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've seen it for sale on Steam for 5 euros... Didn't play it myself though.
I've seen stories of 4/5 characters right now and am not sure how they relate to each other just yet. We'll see, right?