The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Paper Mario

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
One of my favorite video games for N64 was Paper Mario, an RPG that is turn based and featured unique art style of a paper world of Mushroom Kingdom, complete with warp pipes, shells, koopas, and Mario himself. There are many moments from Paper Mario I love, much like moments in Land Before Time that I treasure. I thought I would share them here, as well as allow this to be place to talk about Paper Mario (The Original, N64, Wii Virtual, and beyond).

One of my favorites was Koopa Coot, who made you go on random quests to earn star pieces that allowed you in turn to buy badges for combat.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Another favorite of mine was Kolarado Koopa, an Archaeologist Koopa who works in Dry Dry Ruins (my favorite locatio0n in Paper Mario)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The sequel, the Thousand Year Door, is my favorite, but I love this game as well.

I remember loving the toy box section. Really unique area that came out of left field, after going through more generic areas like a desert or haunted mansion. One part I really remember is a couple of Bowser's minions there, asking you what Mario is scared of the most, and you can just lie and get free items from the big guy. :D

What's your favorite area in the game?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Paper Mario is also one of my favorite Games for N64. :)

Hm... I think my favorite areas are the Jade Jungle and Yoshi's Village. I love Yoshi's. :) I always love it to be there. Before the fight with Schnaufula, I'm trading with the yellow Yoshi who gives you melons for some cooked things.

My fastes time to play the game trough were 25 hours.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:17:41 PM by LeventeII »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Paper Mario is also one of my favorite Games for N64. :)

Hm... I think my favorite areas are the Jade Jungle and Yoshi's Village. I love Yoshi's. :) I always love it to be there. Before the fight with Schnaufula, I'm trading with the yellow Yoshi who gives you melons for some cooked things.

My fastes time to play the game trough were 25 hours.

I love the Jade Jungle! Yoshi is my favorite character. However, my all time favorite location is Dry Dry Desert. I adore Kolorado The Archaeologist (Koopa Troopa) and Mustafa. My second favorite place is the Shiver Region, especially Shiver City. I enjoyed the murder mystery gaffee and the recluse author. :D

That’s fast play through! I am always hunting for badges and star shards.

Paper Mario (N64) really changed my preception of Koopa Troopas. They had always been antagonists, but Kooper and Parakerry (Mail Man) who are good koopas from Koopa Village made the Koopa Troopas my favorite Mushroom Kingdom species next to Yoshi.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thousand year Door is one of the greatest Mario  games of all time , flat out. Flurrie is my favorite partner to play as.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i would love it if they remastered the first 2 paper mario games. what do you guys think.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
i would love it if they remastered the first 2 paper mario games. what do you guys think.

I wholeheartdly agree. I would even love Nintendo to make Paper Mario  and Thousand Year Door available on smartphones (iOS, Android) and tablets. It would be so easy to play since its turn based combat. Swiping to move Mario or to hold the Hammer and make contact would be easy with touch controls.