The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nintendo Celebrates Mario's 35th Anniversary with Re-releases

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, looks like Nintendo will be doing something big despite everything going on for the plumber they love.  It's his 35th year, and there are Mario Games coming later this year.  They were going to do this for E3, but with that cancelled, may as well get this out now.  More info below.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-31-more-details-emerge-on-nintendos-mario-remasters

I will be very curious to see how they handle Galaxy and Galaxy 2, considering the console they were on.  Still, these will be on my BUY IT list.

As for the upcoming Paper Mario game, I'll see what it's like before I buy. (I was VERY disappointed with Sticker Star, so you can understand why I'm cautious.)

Your thoughts?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm taking this as "would be nice if true", but wouldn't put much more into those rumors until an official announcement from Nintendo.

Personally I've never really been into the mainline Mario games, but I understand why some people will be hyped for it :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Happy 35th Anniversary!

I love Mario. The Paper Mario games are my favorite.

My favorite charCters are:,

1. Yoshi
2. Dry Bones
3. Kooper
4. Mario
5. Parakerry
6. Shy Guy
7. Mustafa
8. Toad
9. Luigi
10. Chain Chomp

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've heard about this as well, but am also waiting until I hear an official confirmation. But as for my thoughts at the very moment, I'm honestly not too interested in the remakes as of this moment. I've played and got 100% on 64, Galaxy 1 & 2, 3D World before and not really interested in replaying them currently. Maybe I'm getting old or something and this doesn't get me as excited as it used to (though the Xenoblade Chronicles remake is coming out and I'm looking forward to that so not sure)

A new Paper Mario that goes back to the traditional format would be enticing, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that yet.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I've heard about this as well, but am also waiting until I hear an official confirmation. But as for my thoughts at the very moment, I'm honestly not too interested in the remakes as of this moment. I've played and got 100% on 64, Galaxy 1 & 2, 3D World before and not really interested in replaying them currently. Maybe I'm getting old or something and this doesn't get me as excited as it used to (though the Xenoblade Chronicles remake is coming out and I'm looking forward to that so not sure)
All Stars Ultimate :p

A new Paper Mario that goes back to the traditional format would be enticing, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that yet.
#RemasterThousandYearDoor was a thing on twitter last year due to its 25th anniversary. There is definitely a demand for the 64 & TTYD-esque gameplay, but I'm cautiously optimistic about it. For good reason (sticker star why).
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I want Paper Mario 64 for iOS and Android. It sould be easy to use touchscreen in a turn based game.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith