The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Fox (all)

Lain_EX · 36 · 3456

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Talk about Star Fox video games here. Not to boast, but I can make whopping scores in the N64 game. How about you?

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Oh my...I LOVE Star Fox! I just love flying that Arwing and shooting down your enemies. A great series.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I own all of the games to date. Star Fox owns. Anybody else besides me think that Star Fox Adventures isn't the slump it's brought out to be? :lol

I actually can't get very high scores in Star Fox 64. I can play the levels decently, but I can't get very stellar scores.

Who here has beaten the original game on the hard path? I think I've done it once, but I almost always run out of continues somewhere on the flight to Venom. That's gotta be the hardest task to accomplish on a Star Fox game. Man, that's hard!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've gotten nearly 1700 kils on the easy level, the 'expert level has more baddies and you get injured more easily..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm also another person who loved Star Fox Adventures. In fact, that game was the talk of my entire school back when it was released, it was that good.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i also enjoyed Star Fox adventures though i still think that Star Fox 64 is the best in the series. I never actually played the original except on an emulator and i had to use save states to beat the hard path but i think i beat the other paths without save states.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never really got into the original Star Fox, but I feel that Star Fox 64 was the saving grace for the series.  I have yet to get all the medals on that game, but I was able to accomplish the entire hard path without losing any of the teammates.

I never got to play Adventures, but I always had a desire to.  Star Fox Assualt was a rather good game to play.  It especially had some scary twists like the General becoming corrupted by the evil force at hand.  I especially liked the twist of Star Wolf joining up to help out.  And I'll tell you now, the queen wasn't easy when I first faced her.

I'm starting to wonder what Nintendo might have planned for the Star Fox series, if anything, for development on the Wii.  It will be interesting to see what they'll come up with to work for the unique controls of the Wii.

Here's hoping they do well when that comes around. :^.^:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The games I've played to date is the N64 one and Adventures (I own it). I preferibly play the Adventures one, because it has darn good graphics and music, its story, sincerily, isn't quite original at all, I mean, a planet at mercy of a cruel dictator? I think it's so chishea (or whatever it's spelled). That game's very good tho.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I also love the Star Fox series, but I absolutely hate "Star Fox Adventures". Too little of the original basis of what made Star Fox Star Fox, and too 'Legend of Zelda' where it didn't belong.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
I own Star Fox, 64, and Adventures. I also rented and completely beat Assault. I've yet to play Command.

4. Star Fox

It's a great old title, ahead of its time, and excellent for nostalgia. Unfortunately, as a game, it's not quite as good as the others, mostly because it just doesn't have as much stuff. What's there is excellent though, and I'd play it again in a heartbeat.

3. Star Fox Assault

Kinda underrated, though I can see why some people wouldn't like the on-land segments, especially since the LandMaster switched from the on-rail goodness in SF64 to a free-roaming vehicle. Still, the game was fun, the Medals provided me with a better challenge than I'd had in a while and helped lengthen playtime, and the story was decent enough. At least it went beyond "Andross and his underlings are being jerks. Go kick their ass."

2. Star Fox Adventures

REALLY underrated. I got this to help shorten the wait for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It ended up feeling like some kind of Zelda sidequest. Some kind of AWESOME Zelda sidequest. Now, considering it drew pretty heavily from Zelda, there were a couple of flaws;  simple combat system, laughable NPC voice acting (this is why Hyrule should remain mute), kinda on the short side, not alot beyond the main story(another decent one, by the way), not many intuitive puzzles, dissappointing final boss. Most of it gets easier to swallow once I remember it's not actually a Zelda game. I kinda raise my standards when Zelda comes up. Anyway, good stuff: Beautiful graphics, great gameplay, good voice acting for Fox and Prince Tricky, good boss battles, a nice reunion during the final fight that help ease the pain of dissappointment that comes with the true enemy's identity, nifty staff upgrades, a good soundtrack, and just fun in general make this one of my favourite 'Cube titles. I'm actually in the middle of another playthrough at the moment(well, not this moment)

1. Star Fox 64

Greatness in cartridge form. The excellent gameplay of the original beefed up with better graphics, more levels, more bosses, more vehicles, more enemies, more secrets, temporary allies(Katt and Bill), a rival team(Star Wolf), voice acting, analogue control, multiplayer, expert mode, charged shots… In short, the game is pure 100% excellence. Truly, one who has not played it is one to be pitied. I mentioned the simple story earlier, but you know what? When the game is this insanely fun, the story means precisely zilch.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I never played Star Fox. It never grabbed my interest. This was because, during the time when I first heard about Star Fox, I didn't like space very much, or the idea of travelling through it. While I like space now, Star Fox still doesn't interest me. I don't really have plans on playing it, though I might give it a chance someday.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have Star Fox 64, Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assult, 64 was the best although Adventures has the best graphics,and was a great time waster. How many people had trouble beating that lightfoot on the strengtth test? I did, it took me forever to beat him.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The strength test is the hardest point in the game for me. But my brother makes it look too easy. -_-

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah. That was rather difficult. I could barely passed it. Believe me, as I said before I have that game.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
It surprises me I keep hearing people having problems in the test of strength in the Lightfoot Village. I beat it easily on my very first try on my first play through. O.o?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm equally surprised at the instances where people make it look like child's play. :blink:

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm actually on both sides of the strength test. On my first playthrough, I barely managed to pass, after about 15 tries. In my second playthrough (my current one) I not only managed to beat it in one go, I basically ran the Lightfoot over with his end of the pole.

The one that really got to me though, one I still had a little trouble on this time around, was the Test of Fear. Who else got pwned on this one?

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
Test of fear was the one that gave me a headache ><

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The test of fear is the second hardest part in the game.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i found the test of stength a push over, same with that lightfoot one. If i recall, i had the most trouble on the test of fear.