The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hauting Ground

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Basically, Haunting Ground ("Demento" if you're Japanese) is a Survival/Horror, but its highly uique amongst other titles. You play an ordinary girl. Absolutely no special abilities to survive a horrifific situation. She's your average Joe civilion. Yet, after a car "accident", she wakes up in a dark castle that's occupied by a bunch of psychos who all want her for their own purposes. Sounds like the first Resident Evil, doesn't it? Well, however...
...here's where it becomes unique. You can't fight or kill them. You have to think hard, outfox, and out-maneuver them. You have to hide just about everywhere you can (under beds, in closets and cabinets, in bushes, and in shadows). Your only means of defending youself when they show up is a German Shephard, who is a fellow hostage and escapee of the "stalkers".
And there are no "safe rooms" in the castle. Your would-be assaulants an enter and attack from any room in the entire place. You are never safe, unless you pause the game.
Overall, this is one of the toughest games I have ever, ever had to play. I'm just curious ot see if anyone else has played it and wants to discuss it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That actually sounds pretty cool!  
I've never heard of it nor played it before but it sounds like an interesting concept.