The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Finally got my copy of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night so I played a couple hours of that today. So far it seems decent enough (way better then Mighty No. 9 did :lol )
I heard it had some performance issues on Switch. Did you notice this?

Currently trying to play my way through the campaign of They Are Billions.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well first off it only runs at 30fps but yeah I've noticed a few hiccups every now and then. Nothing major so far though and not enough to ruin the enjoyment of it (not sure if it will be worse down the road or not). It seems like they seem dedicated to improving the performance though so hopefully it will get ironed out fairly soon.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Playing Gran Turismo Sport. New update came out today, and I tend it turn it on every time the game is updated so that I can try out the newly-added cars and tracks.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham just a few hours ago. After how much I had enjoyed the newer Lego games I had played through so far, I had high expectations for this one, but instead it turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments of all the Lego games I've played. My main frustration is that once you get to freeplay mode, you don't have all the different character abilities available, and you have to really figure out where to collect certain character tokens to unlock the ones you need to access other areas (which was one of my biggest complaints about the Harry Potter games, my absolute least favorite Lego games). Another issue I had is that the "map" is just a featureless globe with all the levels and hub areas scattered around randomly, making it very difficult to keep track of your progress (would've been much easier if they were simply arranged into a list). But as much as I hated the disorganization, I will admit this game had some good features. Not only do Batman and Robin have up to seven different suits with all kinds of abilities, but so do Cyborg, Joker, and Lex Luthor, and unlike the previous Batman games, you can freely switch between any of these suits at any time. Also, as you progress through the story, you'll eventually reach a point where five levels are unlocked at once and you can play through them in any order but all five must be completed to unlock the next level, which is an interesting first for Lego games (I did them in the order they were listed on the achievements list). (I'd also like to mention that my favorite level in this game is the bonus level, based on the 1966 Batman TV series, which I found to be quite a lot of fun.) And when you play these levels in freeplay, you have the option of starting at a later point so you don't have to replay the entire level just to get one thing you missed (this feature was introduced in the Lego Hobbit game, and it proved especially helpful in this game due to the complaints I've already mentioned). Another interesting feature is that among the hub areas are the "Lantern planets" which are literally spherical worlds that you can walk and fly around (though all this emphasis on the seven Lantern colors in both the story and freeplay did give me the impression this game should've been alternatively titled the "Lego Green Lantern Videogame", so that's another complaint against this game). This game has a total of 70 achievements (including 30 for the DLC packs, 5 for each of the six), and I was able to unlock them all. Overall, as interesting as this game was, it was a huge let-down to see it seem to repeat many of the issues I had with my least favorite Lego games, so I have to rank it very low on my list (still better than the Harry Potter games, but that's really not saying much, and especially disappointing considering how highly I had ranked the second Batman game).

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Jurassic World

From what glimpses I've previously seen of this game, I think this one could turn out to be quite enjoyable for me. I was also lucky enough a few weeks ago to have a chance to watch all four Jurassic Park movies featured in this game, so now I'll be able to identify any moments where the story content is different from what was seen in the movies.

My rankings of all Lego games I've played so far:
The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Videogame
LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - The Adventure Continues
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars
LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman - The Videogame
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures
LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham
LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:27:55 PM by The Chronicler »

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
F1 2018 on PS4, although I do plan to get F1 2019 once I can pick up some PlayStation Store cards. As my name suggests, I'm a true F1 fanatic.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finally downloaded the "City That Never Sleeps" DLC pack for Marvel's Spiderman.  Waiting for my controller to recharge so I can play it.  I swear, I miss the days when you could just pop new batteries in the thing and keep playing. 

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Ran a full-length Chinese Grand Prix in career mode on F1 2018, and now my hands are gonna hurt for the rest of the day. :opetrie It's a shame I'm still having to use a generic PS4 controller because the Thrustmaster T80 has been universally panned by the F1 gaming community.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I spent two straight days locking up plenty of hours on F1 2019 and Gran Turismo Sport combined on PS4 (which explains my absence over the last few days). I must say that the new career mode seems initially intriguing with the new F2 intro, but once you get into F1, the career is practically a copy-and-paste of last year's game. Still, it's arguably the best F1 game yet. Codemasters has done it again. :)petrie

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
:opetrie "SO ... TIIIRRRED!"

After running two full-length races in career mode on F1 2019 on the same day, one of which was a complete nightmare. Honestly, I can barely move my finger muscles right now.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Towerfall is perhaps one of the best couch co-ops I've ev3r played. It's a snappy and slick 2D arena shooter with arrows and a ton of unique mechanics. There is also a delightfully chaotic versus mode.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Jurassic World a few days ago. I have to say, I really enjoyed this game quite a lot, as it seemed to combine quite a few elements from many of the Lego games that just happen to be rather highly ranked on my list. The game is divided into four sections for each movie, and completing all five levels for each movie unlocks freeplay for its respective hub area (kind of like Indiana Jones 2, except you're also free to use any characters and vehicles anywhere). The four hub areas are large enough for a map to help check my progress, but small enough that I can easily keep track of where to go and what to do. But what makes this game really special is that in addition to the characters, you can also play as various kinds of dinosaurs (especially getting to play as the raptors at certain parts of the story of the fourth movie), and this also includes a room where you can create customized dinosaurs (although I normally prefer not to use customizers, demands of 100% completion required that I made a small dinosaur with the loud roar ability of a large one, so at least I got some experience with it). Although there were quite a few levels that had parts in a constant run (meaning you have to grab bonus items as you pass by or you'll have to completely restart again), I somehow managed to handle them all good enough that I never had to repeat any level more than once. Overall, I really loved this game, enough that I honestly can't wait for an opportunity to play it again many more times.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Marvel's Avengers

Although I had enjoyed Marvel Super Heroes, I'm concerned this one could turn out more like Batman 3, and a quick look at my rankings list shows my widely different opinions on those two games. As usual, I won't know for sure until I actually try it out, but I'm keeping my expectations moderately low. (And hopefully my old desktop computer can handle this game, as I plan on getting a new one by the end of this year so I can feel more comfortable with trying any of the newer Lego games.)

The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Towerfall is perhaps one of the best couch co-ops I've ev3r played. It's a snappy and slick 2D arena shooter with arrows and a ton of unique mechanics. There is also a delightfully chaotic versus mode.
Yeah it's a pretty fun game! I remember that I wanted to get the game on the Switch but Matt Makes Games wanted to finish Celeste before porting it over. I figured that since the trailers showed Celeste to be similar mechanics wise (minus the bow) to Towerfall in a single player setting that I'd get it in the meantime. I was surprised to see all the glowing reviews for the game, and even more once I got hooked playing it!

Nothing really new in my world as of yet. Haven't played as much Bloodstained due to watching my brother play through a good portion of the game already. Other then that it's been more Monster Hunter: World. Hoping to pick up Fire Emblem: Three Houses somewhat soon though.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been playing A Short Hike which is an exploration game with a lovely set of graphics. You play as a young bird who needs to get to the top of a nearby mountain, and discover many interesting things and people along the way. I technically finished the game, but feel like there is still a lot to do and discover. Short and sweet game for anyone who just wants to fill an afternoon! :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Marvel's Avengers a few days ago. Although this game is structured much like Batman 3, it managed to avoid some of the issues I had complained about in that one, such as being much easier to unlock all the character abilities needed for completion. While the overview globe is not featureless, it is a little frustrating that you have to leave whatever hub area you're in just to view it, and it is the navigation maps for each of the hub areas that are featureless and tell you only which direction to go to find various items (which makes it especially difficult to figure out how to get around the massive Manhattan hub, which is almost identical to the hub used in Marvel Super Heroes, which did have an actual map for it). Those issues aside, I did like some new features like being able to actively use a finishing attack or even a team-up attack (some of which even look rather amusing). It was also interesting how the story levels were arranged so that the three bonus levels were unlocked after completing the events of the first movie, giving you the option to either do those levels or simply continue to the events of the second movie. Overall, while not exactly a terrible game, it didn't really stand out much for me, so I'll rank this one around the middle of my list.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens

This game seems to not only reintroduce some features from the previous Lego Star Wars games, but also introduce some entirely new features. And considering how much more I liked Clone Wars over Complete Saga, I have a feeling I might like this game at least as much as Clone Wars. (One thing I'd also like to note is that even though I still have a few more newer Lego games left to go through, this one will be the last one that I'll play on my current desktop computer. I'm hoping to get a new desktop by the end of this year, partly because I'm concerned my current desktop won't be capable of handling those newer games very well, and I'd like to be able to play them without having to suffer through any technical issues.)

The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens just yesterday. I have to say, I actually liked a lot of the features introduced in this game. By far the most notable of them is the multi-build system, where you can build a pile of parts into an option of two or three different objects, and in many cases can then break them to build one of the other options, creating a whole new level of puzzle-solving. Also new to this game is the "blaster battle" minigame, where you try to shoot at enemies while avoiding getting hit by them by hiding behind barriers. While the levels have the usual bonuses of minikits and red bricks, the hub worlds have plenty of new features, such as quests that only certain types of characters can start, battles with miniature vehicles, and collecting "carbonite blocks" to unlock various classic Star Wars characters. The only issues I encountered had nothing to do with the actual game, but rather with the achievements on Steam being a little glitchy and sometimes forcing me to repeat something a second time to unlock it (most heartbreaking being the one for 100% game completion not unlocking, despite the game clearing indicating I had reached 100% completion, and I fear I may have to repeat the whole game (which took me a total of 70 hours) just to get that only achievement I have been unable to unlock as of now). Overall, a rather good game I wouldn't mind playing again (though as I just mentioned, I may feel obligated to do that sooner than intended if I want that final achievement (currently the only achievement I've been unable to get on any of these Lego games, even though I technically should've gotten it)).

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO City Undercover

I'm actually going to wait until after New Year's Day before I start playing this one, as I'm hoping to get myself a new desktop computer with Windows 10 within approximately the next month, so that I can be hopefully more capable of playing the newer Lego games I have yet to try. But it'll be worth the wait, as I've mentioned before that of all the Lego games that are out there, this is the one I've been most excited to try, and could potentially become my absolute favorite game of all.

The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO City Undercover last week. I had been so looking forward to finally play this particular game, and once I actually got to it, it did not disappoint me at all. The game's story is played out both in the separate levels (called "special assignments" in this game) and in the massive hub world of Lego City, which is divided into districts to help keep track of your progress in certain areas. Having previously watched a bunch of YouTube videos of this game's content, I thought I would know what to expect, but there were a few pleasant surprises, such as hearing funny bits of dialogue from the various characters standing around if you just bother to wait and listen to them. For the gameplay, unlike most Lego games, you have just one character who can switch between up to eight different forms known as "disguises", each with their own range of special abilities (such as a firefighter to extinguish fires, a farmer to grow plants, and a miner to smash boulders). The combat system is also unique to this game, where instead of simply hitting enemies until they break into pieces, you have to dodge attacks and throw them around so they end up down on the ground so you can defeat them by slapping handcuffs on them. And of course, there's the huge range of vehicles available to use, such as police cars, small cars, high performance cars, boats, and even helicopters (and I like how each vehicle have their own names, as if they were created by certain brands). Pretty much the only negative aspect I have to say about this game is just how long it takes to complete, especially all the things there are to collect and complete in the hub world (according to my Steam account, I've spent a total of 90 hours playing this game, which beats the previous record holder of Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (which, keep in mind, was a 2-in-1 game)). Other than that, I loved this game so much, and if I ever manage to get a ton of free time available in the future, this will probably be among my first choices of games to play again and again.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Worlds

This game is very much unlike all the other Lego games I've played so far, most notably how it's structured as a sandbox type of game (like Minecraft), so it's actually the only Lego game I have that doesn't even has a 100% completion to reach for. Instead, my goal for this game will be to try to unlock all the achievements available on Steam. This could prove a little difficult, as I've seen in the stats that quite a few of those achievements have been unlocked by lest than 1% of all players (compared to other Lego games, where even the one ranked at the bottom of the list was unlocked by at least 2% or 3%). In fact, if there's any Lego game where I have any chance of being unable to unlock every single achievement, it's this one. Well, here's hoping I can complete my goal for this game.

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Power Ranger: Legacy Wars (iOS)

Trying to get Pink Ranger (Kimberely Hart) with Dragon Shield:

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been playing LEGO Worlds, and decided a few days ago to stop playing for now and will come back to it at a later time. That's right, unlike other Lego games where I could simply declare a game fully complete and then move on to the next one, this game is much more open-ended, enough that I've had to arbitrarily say to myself that I'm done for now. Basically, this game involves exploring randomly generated "worlds" that are square blocks of certain sizes (yes, it's possible to fall off the edge of these worlds), consisting of various "biomes" such as savanna, swamp, arctic, desert, volcanic, wild west, and even giant candy theme. This game also mostly involves using various "tools" to alter the terrain, paint objects, build things by individual bricks, and most significantly to "discover", purchase, and/or add or remove all kinds of object, characters, creatures, vehicles, and special large builds. As for objectives, there are plenty of quests available to complete, some of which reward you with a gold brick. Collecting certain amounts of gold bricks will improve your ranking, rewarding you with either a new tool or access to slightly larger maps, with the ultimate goal of 100 gold bricks allowing you to directly create new worlds for you to explore (rather than just randomly generating them). As for my personal goal with this game, I said I wanted to unlock all the achievements I could, and out of a total of 71, I got all but four of them (two require a certain activity with another player (not quite ready yet to try the online multiplayer feature), and the other two require so much long-term grinding that I'd rather put it off until after I've finished with every other Lego game I've yet to play). Although I'm halting my current progress with those four achievements not yet unlocked, I'm optimistic that I'll get them eventually. Either way, once I'm finished with all the other Lego games I have yet to complete, this will definitely be the very first one I'll come back to. Although it's so immensely time-consuming, I definitely like the unique experience this game offers, and would rank it among my highest favorites.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame

This game is obviously based on the Lego Ninjago Movie, which I have seen a few times. From what I've seen, this game also promises to be uniquely structured unlike any other Lego game. I've also heard that, at least in free play mode, this game will also make references to the Ninjago TV series (which I had been really hoping to get around to finally watch at some point, but I've unfortunately been a little too preoccupied in recent months to really have a chance to do so). I've already greatly enjoyed the other Lego games that were not based on any particular licensed theme (just look at the top of my rankings), so I'm certainly hopeful that I'll end up liking this game just as much.

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished the LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame a few days ago. After spending a total of just 30 hours, this is by far the quickest I have ever fully completed any Lego video game (though I can't remember how long it took me to complete the Lego Movie Videogame, so that might be debatable). This game was also uniquely structured in such a way that, instead of a bunch of levels and one or a few large hub areas, this game has just eight "areas" that you must first progress through in story mode, then you're allowed to further explore in free play mode. This game also has a unique combat system where you're encouraged to attack enemies in as many different ways as possible, and progressing through story mode allows you to obtain certain bonuses to improve your combat abilities. While the story mode focuses on the events from the movie, free play provides access to "training dojos" where you battle against various foes from the TV series (yet another reason for why I really hope I can soon get a chance to finally watch the Ninjago TV series sometime within the next few months, if only so I could actually understand all the references being made). Overall, I definitely loved this game, and would rank it as my absolute favorite if not for the fact that the top two already hold a very special place among my rankings.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

I'm actually going to take a break from gaming this week while I get other things sorted out, so next week will be when I'll start playing this game. I have to say, after going through three very differently designed Lego games in a row, it'll be interesting to finally go back to a more traditionally designed Lego game. Even so, from what I've previously seen of this game, there's a good chance it could take me quite some time to complete it, but after how much I liked the first Marvel Super Heroes game, I look forward to see what this game will be like.

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes