The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I remember one day last summer where it got up to 40°C.
:olittlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Interestingly enough, the all time record high for my area was 104°F (40°C). It was set back in July 3, 1966.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Those are intense heats. Where I'm going this summer, it's gonna be upwards of 110F (43.3C!)

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Phew. Been a really hot past couple of days. Goes from 10-12°C to suddenly 16-18°C. And apparently next week will be about 22°C.  :lol:

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
With the 30+ Celsius weather here, I'd be thankful for 16!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Phew. Been a really hot past couple of days. Goes from 10-12°C to suddenly 16-18°C. And apparently next week will be about 22°C.  :lol:

Stop complaining. :lol
Those temperatures you're describing is not very hot at all. In fact, it's ideal and comfortable, not too hot or cold.

Alright, well maybe you're not used to that type of weather, or perhaps you're exaggerating. Either way, we do all have different preferences for what hot and cold feels like.

Alright, now for today's weather. :D Very similar to yesterday actually. Temperature peaked at 74°F (~23.3°C) with a dew point of 35°F (~1.7°C), which makes the humidity 24%.

Tomorrow on the other hand will be much more humid, but the daytime high will only reach 65°F (~18.3°C). Thunderstorms expected for the late afternoon and into evening before drying out overnight with Partly Cloudy Skies and a low of 60°F (~15.6°C).

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Stop complaining. :lol
Those temperatures you're describing is not very hot at all. In fact, it's ideal and comfortable, not too hot or cold.

I'm not actually complaining. It is just a wonderful experience to have these kind of temperatures right now. Last spring was pretty dull. And it can get very hot indeed if you're working outside about 5-6 hours/day. I actually got a few sunburns few days ago, although that can be blamed on me for not putting any sunscreen on before going out. These temperatures are hot for me in particular. We do not really get 35-40°C in Finland. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:52:11 AM by Anagnos »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry about that sarcastic remark, and yeah I do see that it doesn't really get that hot in Finland at all. It seems like you folks there have very harsh winters and very mild summers. It totally makes sense why you would welcome temperatures like these. Everyone does, no matter where you live. I was only reacting to the statement, "Been a really hot past couple of days." I honestly thought you were referring to the actual temperature, not the feeling you get after working outside for so long.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry about that sarcastic remark, and yeah I do see that it doesn't really get that hot in Finland at all. It seems like you folks there have very harsh winters and very mild summers. It totally makes sense why you would welcome temperatures like these. Everyone does, no matter where you live. I was only reacting to the statement, "Been a really hot past couple of days." I honestly thought you were referring to the actual temperature, not the feeling you get after working outside for so long.

No problem. I could have been more specific in my previous posts about that. Yes, I have heard many foreigners claim that Finland is a very cold place to live. But we locals are used to it, so it does not bother us that much.  :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hehe, I guess you can say that I'm grateful for living near the coastal region, where winters are not as cold as inland, and summers are not as hot as the inland areas. The coldest it has gotten here temperature wise was in February of 1967, when it only got to -14°F (~ -25.6°C). It's rare that my place ever gets into the negatives during the winter. Temps in the single digits and teens are very common however. It can even get into the teens in April. But May is a huge cut off though, only getting as low as the freezing point at most.

Just to specify, I'm referring to Fahrenheit when I'm talking about "single digits and teens" In Celsius that would be pretty warm, relative to winter anyways. :p

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got a decent amount of rain today which is nice to see. Hopefully it will stretch far enough north to help with the wildfires a bit. Pretty good temperature range as well with around 13oC

Hehe, I guess you can say that I'm grateful for living near the coastal region, where winters are not as cold as inland, and summers are not as hot as the inland areas. The coldest it has gotten here temperature wise was in February of 1967, when it only got to -14°F (~ -25.6°C). It's rare that my place ever gets into the negatives during the winter. Temps in the single digits and teens are very common however. It can even get into the teens in April. But May is a huge cut off though, only getting as low as the freezing point at most.

Just to specify, I'm referring to Fahrenheit when I'm talking about "single digits and teens" In Celsius that would be pretty warm, relative to winter anyways. :p
Yeah there's always a couple weeks of winter here where it gets down to the -30 to -35oC range, though a good chunk of North America got hit pretty hard this winter. My hometown was as cold as -52oC with windchill at one point. Good thing I wasn't visiting at the time :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Got a decent amount of rain today which is nice to see. Hopefully it will stretch far enough north to help with the wildfires a bit. Pretty good temperature range as well with around 13oC

Yeah there's always a couple weeks of winter here where it gets down to the -30 to -35oC range, though a good chunk of North America got hit pretty hard this winter. My hometown was as cold as -52oC with windchill at one point. Good thing I wasn't visiting at the time :p

Wildfires in Canada!? There's many active wildfires in Alberta I see. Is it affected by drought just like California was?

And yeah, winter did hit us hard plenty of times. There were weeks where the night time lows were in the single digits for days in a row.

Just a tip to make typing the degree symbol much easier. For °, just press Alt + 0176 on your keyboard. It's actually easy to memorize. :)
Now, you try! °

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah they're also caused by dry weather and have picked up a good amount in the last few years. Not as big as the fires in California last summer though.

That's an interesting shortcut, thanks! I'll try to remember it in the future haha. Most of the time I'm usually lazy and drop it all together and just do 30C or whatever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It appears that the sun has disappeared once more and it has been raining for a while now. Not that I'm complaining. It's actually good for exchange, to wash all the pollen away.
The temperature today is 11°C.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

It appears that the sun has disappeared once more and it has been raining for a while now. Not that I'm complaining. It's actually good for exchange, to wash all the pollen away.
The temperature today is 11°C.

Nice! Also nice on the emphasis that you're not complaining. ;)Cera
♪ Rain, rain, come our way! Wash all the pollen away! ♪ :)

Today will only reach 68°F (20°C), while tomorrow it will go up to a much warmer 83°F (~28.3°C). Yep, while summer is only a month away, the heat is sure arriving in intervals!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Today feels so much cooler, it does, it does! :duckyhappy

High temperature only expected to be 80°F (~26.7°C) with a dew point of 51°F (~10.6°C), so the humidity would be at 36%.

Yesterday was a pretty warm 87°F (~30.6°C) with a dew point of 61°F (~16°C) at its lowest, so the humidity was 42%. Could've been more comfortable, but it could've been much worse too. That little bit of rain we had yesterday evening too helped ease the heat a bit. :)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Today feels so much cooler, it does, it does!

It has been a lot cooler here as well. Which is not a bad thing at all. Hopefully we'll have a good weather for spending time at the summer cottage this week. That's something I've been awaiting for a long time. :yes

Mouse-a-saur

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
We're in drought right now :facepalm

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

We're in drought right now :facepalm

I hope the fire danger isn't too high for you! :(

It has been a lot cooler here as well. Which is not a bad thing at all. Hopefully we'll have a good weather for spending time at the summer cottage this week. That's something I've been awaiting for a long time. :yes

And speaking of much cooler, tomorrow will be even cooler! :D
The high will only get to around 64°F (~17.8°C) with rain and scattered thunderstorms. The rest of the week seems promising, with temps only in the low 70s. I won't need that air conditioner just yet! As a matter of fact, I still didn't use my fan once either. :P

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got up to around 30°C today with it getting a couple degrees hotter tomorrow. Certainly not used to the heat haha. At least there's some rain in the forecast for Sunday.