The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Red Wake

raga · 17 · 1506

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey everybody, a couple days ago an idea suddenly hit me for an RP.  So here I am, about to try and form an RP for the first time.  It is a LBT RP and this little intro I wrote right here should give you the basic idea of what it is about:

They had heard the stories for years.  Travelers from distant lands, exhausted, famished, dehydrated and on the brink of death, spun the frighting tales of death.  They told of a group of sharpteeth, their numbers stretching into the hundreds, who killed their prey with deadly efficiency.  This group was known as Death's Claw.

Death's Claw could never stay in one place too long, it's giant appetite and incredible hunting skill would soon kill every green eater in the area.  So its members have taken on a nomadic life, exhausting an area's prey and then moving on.  In it's wake would only be silence, emptiness, and blood.  A red wake.

But this, as the dinosaur's of the Great Valley and the Mysterious Beyond knew, is only a legend.  Told only by Bullies trying to scare small children and feverish travelers drawing their last breath.  Death's Claw isn't real, right?

As you have probably guessed the main idea of this RP is that Death's Claw is real, and its headed straight for the Great Valley.  So right now I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in joining this?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hmm. More details but it sounds like a high octane thriller.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, let me give a little more detail.  The story will be set when the gang is fully grown (OC's are of course allowed).  Now as the intro said the only news of Death's Claw was brought by solitary, distant travelers who were essential insane from the stresses of the journey.  But now large groups of travelers from inside the mysterious beyond start saying Death's claw is headed for the Great Valley.  So at first theres the whole situation of weather or not to belive these dinosaurs and then eventually the actually conflict with Death's claw.

I will be creating an OC that will be the leader of Death's Claw.  Everyone is welcome to create Death's Claw OCs as well or just insert their own sharp tooth characters that they have created in the past.

Thats all I have right now.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am interested.

That helps a bit but I still have some questions.

Does the RP of merely trying to survive or do the herds actually try to fend off (or even eradicate) Death's Claw?

Tech level? I assume only 0, 1, 2.

0 = no tech
1 = "Chimp tech" - "natural weapons" (sticks and rocks in their unaltered state)
2 = Stone Age tech - fire, spears, slings, stone tools etc.

Magic or no magic?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This one sounds like fun! Count me in! And congratulations on creating your first RP here. This promises to be an exciting thrill ride.

For now I'll only be posting the OC's I'll be playing.

Longtail

Pearl

Cyrix

And when I can think of a OC for Death's Claw, I'll let you know. ;)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This one has caught my interest as well :yes.  I'm undecided on OC's at the moment.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glad to see theres some interest.   To answer Serris' questions I imagine this as more of a survival situation but it is an RP, so anything can happen and trying to fight back in some way, shape or form is something I would imagine happening anyway.  I'd like to keep tech level at 1 at the very maximum with no magic, you know, kinda keep it within the normal LBT realm.  Of course this can change if the majority would like that.

Well I'm going to start the character list then.  I'm only putting up the gang as neccasarry characters, all other real characters can be used though, just say you would like to use them.  All OCs are welcome.  Also I'm splitting the Great Valley and friends and the Death's Claw characters.

Great Valley and Friends

Littlefoot:

Cera: Raga

Ducky: CT

Petrie:

Spike:

Longtail: GVG

Pearl: GVG

Cyrix: GVG

Renn: CT

Deimos: Serris

Death's Claw

Leader: Raga

Dromaeo: Serris

As a side note as of right now I haven't designed my DC character which is why it only says "leader".  Also so far I have only decided to take Cera, I might take more.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Personally I would like to keep this as 'realistic' as possible. So no magic for me thanks. :DD

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could I play Ducky, as well as my OC Renn :)?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cool!

I will have:

Deimos (assuming sharpteeth are allowed as Great Valley)

Dromaeo - Death's Claw

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm interested in this... I may even end up taking an OC character

I thought it was kind of amusing the whole tech level thing.  Does the no magic rule apply for technology too?

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Anybody can be on any side, no matter if their teeth are sharp or flat.  And there will be no magic at all.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In  that case let me add:

Theta -Swimmer - Death's Claw

Ovius - Fast-Runner - Great Valley

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Uh, woops, I just realized what I said doesn't work.  It doesn't make sense for a flattooth to be on Death's Claw, unless you have a good back story to justify it.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do not worry. I will think of a good back story to justify why Theta is allied with Death's Claw.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hmmm, unfortunately we don't have quite enough players to get started yet.  Hopefully some more will show.