The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Was Ret attracted to Ali?

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
He sure was and could be Littlefoot's rival for her. Lucky Cera.She can have littlefoot all to herself now.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
It seems to me that Rhett deliberately behaved in such a way as to impress his peers, otherwise he would not have been accepted into the company. Ali has nothing to do with it. I do not think that Rhett felt sympathy for Ali, rather, he needed her for self-assertion.
And Littlefoot would not be Littlefoot, if as if nothing had happened, he did not invite Rhett to play with the rest, saying that "adventure is yet to come." I liked this episode because the kids came up with how to expose Rhett, help him to throw off the brave image of a "lone dinosaur" and face the real cowardly himself. And after that, after Rhett admitted that he was not brave, he was accepted without his mask, as he is. This is exactly what Rhett needed, and not grown-ups helped him, but is was little dinosaurs. I think it's very cool.
Forever in the past.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rhett is a big attention seeker. He makes the stories up to get attention because he'd be otherwise overlooked and ignored by the others (indeed it seems like Ali's herd is astonishingly devoid of children, at least the two times we saw them suggests so...)

I believe this is a two-edged sword in some way. On the one hand, Rhett (and maybe Ali too) seek the attention of the only child their age in their herd but on the other hand, there may indeed be a certain degree of romance involved.

Well, I'm not sure about others but I always thought Ali immediately had a crush on Littlefoot in LBT 4. She is not acting in-character at all in the tv-series, sadly :( It could have been a really great episode but it ended up being mediocre at best.
Inactive, probably forever.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I'm gonna say no. It's pretty clear Rhett only needed her as the fuel for his ego. Plus, it would seem Ali was the only longneck his age in the entire herd and thus the only one to have fallen for his display of bravado.