The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Embarrassing

Nimrod · 268 · 35919

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I've already replied here once, but I'm with Dragon. I've been collecting the old Disney classics like Snow White and such on DVD and thus far no one seens to care or mind. I know some people will be jerks about children's films, but I've found that they're hardly worht my time, personally.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Well put Weirdraptor. There is nothing to be ashamed of in liking this movie. For most, it is a established link back to younger years so it has a lot of sentimental value. People will always cast judgement (even if they don't necessarily mean to) when a subject matter doesn't agree with them and the easiest response is to ridicule it. I suppose, depending on how you are as a person reflects how deep it impacts. For me, I don't give it another thought if anyone says anything about my fondness for LBT. My friends all know I'm a fan of it and they joke about it with me but I don't take it to heart. I keep it superficial. I don't need to justify WHY I like LBT (why should I? I've got nothing to prove to anyone) but there are a lot worse temptations out there I could be into instead. Drugs, smoking, vandalism, crime etc. I count this passion as a blessing compared to what I've seen others get into.

My friend always gives me jip about LBT but I always banter him right back (he's a fan of wrestling) :p

My friend: "You know they're not real right?"
Me: "Ahh, so like WWE wrestling then matey!"  :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Exactly.  My family used to pester me about my love of LBT, especially when I reached my later adolescent years, and I would just reply like this:

Relative: "I still can't understand why you're into these stupid movies."

Me: "Oh yeah?  Well, I don't give a crap what ya think of it.  I could be into bad things, like smokin' dope or dealin'.  Hell, I could even lose my virginity."

Relative: "Uh...never mind.  Keep on bein' a good person."

I really am proud of my LBT passion, and it is here to stay :yes.  After all, I'm only aging on the outside.  I will always remain a kid at heart, for this is the true fountain of youth.  If ya think young, you'll always feel young and never let aging get the best of ya.  

BTW, my relatives no longer pester me about LBT.  In fact, one of them recently revealed to me that they admire my capacity to believe in myself and stand for what I believe in no matter what.  This was certainly nice to hear :yes.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think that nobody should have to feel embarrassed for liking something such as a kids movie... If you think about it, it's pretty stupid. I mean, when there so many other FAR worse things out there. Why people even bother sometimes... it never stops to fascinate me. :blink:

But, letting yourself being controlled by your fears, in this case fear of being humiliated or embarrassed, is wrong.
By doing so, means that you limit yourself and your own ability.
Everyone should be able to live their lives to the fullest!

Still, in the end, it's a matter of choice. We can choose to live secretly... or step out of our shells, cast away our fears and start living like we wish. In all situations.

Fear, is quite interessting. As newborns, we're without fears. Think about it.
It's as we grow up, that we learn to fear things. Fear is put on to us by our surroundings, by our parents. And I'm not talking about our instinct fears. Those are good, such as fear for dangerous situations/threats etc...
To sum it up somehow, I think we shoudln't let ourselves be controlled by our fears.
Especially not for something as harmless as LBT!

(Sorry for making this a bigger deal than it might be. You can spank my hands with rulers if you want. :lol )
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Nah, it's really well said. :DD
Actually, you gave me a little bit of courage.   :yes

I think I posted here before, but I'm not quite sure...
But seriously, most people forget that kids movies are actually made by adults. :blink:

So, if someone says cartoons are childish, I say: Adults make them!   :lol

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't see anything childish about it. If you like it, then you like it. As I said before, I'm a child at heart... so I love to indulge in childish activities, and couldn't care less what other people think. If anything, having a playful, childish nature is far better than how your typical 21 year old might act. Life is so much easier when you just settle back and have fun.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Honestly, I am a little bit embarrassed watching some of the most recent movies, and the TV show. I know there's nothing for me to be embarrassed about, but I have a hard time dealing with self-esteem. And, apparently, little dinosaurs singing songs and going on 'grand new adventures' while learning lessons about life. :p

But the first seven movies I easily can say I like. There's definitely nostalgic feeling, and the first half of LBT I just really like, even some of the songs. I didn't find it as....preachy as it can be now. And the original is phenomenal. I always rave about how emotionally moving it is and how it's so deep and that I have a hard time remembering it's a kid's film. People call me ridiculous every time.  :lol

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if I already posted in this topic.

I would say yes, I am embarrassed about LBT. But that's why I never watch the movies or do anything that would insinuate I like it. I don't care if I'm letting the ones who would tease me win, I would much rather spare myself the trouble of having to deal with them. In the end, I am perfectly happy with living a life of secrecy.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I really had convinced myself that I had posted here...obviously not.:(

Life was so much easier when your a child between the ages of two till about eleven.  You can watch childhood movies such as LBT and Lion King (to name two) without fear of redemption and bullying from the other children as they too like it to a lesser or higher degree.

Then you go to secondary school and everything changes.  Everyone is interested in more ''grown up'' films and music.  Dare mention that you like the Lion King and it gives them something further to make fun of you.  I suppose it was a good thing that I didn't mention LBT...it was too embarrassing..especially how they kept going on about it.  Seemed like the greatest thing since ''sliced bread''...(not that it was...but I suppose they were that bored).

Now though..I don't really care.  There isn't anything wrong with liking a children's film and those that say otherwise either secretly love the film themselves or they have never shared the magic that is the film.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Whenever I made an LBT or lion king sig, the other forum is bound to scold me or ask me to man up. How can this be so when one of their most respected members, Ocelot has a Sora in lion form in his sig.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I just don't get why most people like to make fun of others who still like watching cartoons to this very day. I mean, they were once cartoon-watching youngsters too, so what the hell is their problem? Plus, some of them actually LIKES watching animated films like Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda, etc. So why not films like LBT?? Ugh, it annoys me so much just thinking about it. <_<

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
On a science forum I got banned for using kiara as an avatar which they said was illogical and not accurate.(They are illogical for banning someone for avatar choice!)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just don't get why most people like to make fun of others who still like watching cartoons to this very day. I mean, they were once cartoon-watching youngsters too, so what the hell is their problem? Plus, some of them actually LIKES watching animated films like Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda, etc. So why not films like LBT??

They probably secretly like LBT themselves.  It's just not er a modern based film.  With films like Ice Age and Kung Fu Panda, not only is it computer animation but also happens to be seen as acceptable as it's common interest..and er the latest movie craze...

(If any of that made sense;))

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Actually I believe its more of influence that strays them away from animation.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually I believe its more of influence that strays them away from animation.

Yes, that's what I meant.

With films like Ice Age and Kung Fu Panda, not only is it computer animation but also happens to be seen as acceptable as it's common interest..and er the latest movie craze...

Have wording problems.. :bang

Thank you for actually saying what I meant to say Paradise.  Now reading it back..what I said sounded like a load of waffles.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I thought my wording was a problem. :unsure:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope.  You said exactly what I meant to say.:)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope.  You said exactly what I meant to say.:)

RWB

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I were actually proud of my collection back then. :p

I'm still kinda proud of it, but some of the movies have severely lost their enjoyment value.

I kinda grew out of a couple of the movies.

When I was younger I loved number 5, but now I find it one of the most average out of the movies. The only thing done all that well is Chomper and the Giganotosaurus(it's still scary). :p

I guess I was so overly happy Chomper was back I just glossed over the flaws. :p

Hardcore Chomper fan back then.

As of now... 7 is easily the best sequel. 2 is second best.