The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Tetris World Record!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Check it out!  40 Lines in Tetris done in just under 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UWYgus0MWE

Yes, it's normal time and yes, it's real.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That looks like it's been slowed down while playing sooo much :p I'm not sure if any human brain is able to see the next piece, place it perfectly, notice the next piece again.. Not at this speed anyway. Cool video though!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is fast.  Not sure if a human brain can process that fast.  Unless maybe that's all the person did.  Even then can their fingers move that fast and their brain cells do all the needed processing.  It's not like playing something like say Contra or one of those other games where the stages are the same and you can rely on kinetic memory I would assume.

Very neat video though.  It was certainly fun to watch.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Amazing.  Like others have noted, however, I am unsure if a human being can actually process information that quickly.  It would be handy if we could see a split-screen of the player actually playing the game.

This reminds me of a video that I saw quite a few years back where a person played a super-fast version of tetris (it starts off relatively slow and speeds up) and the video actually had a split-screen so that you could see his hands and know that he was playing in real-time.  What unnerves me to this day is the fact that during the last minute of the video the blocks turn invisible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I heard, no idea if it's true, that in some countries folks are paid to play games.  That may be how or why some can get that good at certain games.