The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Soulcalibur IV

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So what did you guys think of Soulcalibur IV? Darth Vader rules!

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm not the type to buy a high-priced game just as it comes out, so I don't own a copy, but I have tried it out in-store. The graphics are really amazing, but I didn't feel nearly as comfortable with it as I did with III. I don't know whether it was just the current set-up, but the controls were just different enough to completely throw me.

Wouldn't buy...maybe in a year or so second hand, (and if I had a console to play it on) but not now.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I personally love the game! The graphics are stellar, and the character designs are incredible. Online play is well worth it, and character creation is unbelievably detailed. You could spend hours trying to make someone that meets your desires for HP, Attack, and Defense! The Apprentice is my favorite character!

I have only two complaints about the game:

1. Yoda is kind of cheap because he's small.All your attacks pretty much miss his head if you are someone huge like Astaroth, so you have to resort to low attacks/kicks. Also, he can't eve be grabbed because he's so small, but he can grab you. Then again, I guess this couldn't be avoided because of copyright laws, but playing against him on live is annoying.

2. These are kind of two mixed together. Single player mode is kind of a joke. The Story mode is extremely short, only 5 stages, and Tower of Lost Souls can get very hard very quickly. Although Arcade mode is a nice adition, I really thought the Story modes in Soul Calibur 3 were more involving. Although, I guess it was dummed down since people were really looking for online play.